Fruit juice N Sugar?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have been drinking some Welch's 100% White Grape Cherry juice.

I look at the sugars and its 40g, 38g. but is all natural fruit sugar.

Is this a bad or a good thing. That's a lot of sugar.

Superdoad

Superdoad

Banned
Awards
Sugar isn't bad, actually I believe there aren't any "bad" foods just poor choice and good choices. Its a consistency type off things.

The sugar will raise insulin and the excess cals will be stores as fat. Due to the fast absorption. Good post workout if your into pw insulin spikes.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Also if you make sure to drink most of your juices alongside a meal, the addition of proteins and fats will slow absortion for you.

If you think about it, let's say you drink 300 cals a day of juice. if you're eating 2500 - 3000 cals a day that's only 10%-12% of your daily intake, and you're getting antioxidants and hydration out of it. *imitates alton brown's analytical voice tone* 'Poly-phe-nols'.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Never went with the whole PW insulin deal. Yet. Though I have enjoyed messing around with AP awhile back. This would go great with it. I mainly avoid sugar. I hate sweets, hate sugar, I hate anything that tastes or feels like syrup.

I figured this would be ok since its all natural fruit sugars.

I just avoid sugar for the most part, save every once in awhile when I give in to the desire for a Monster Russian Java.....ooooohhh so good.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I just avoid sugar for the most part, save every once in awhile when I give in to the desire for a Monster Russian Java.....ooooohhh so good.
I like the vanilla bean and mocha monsters, if you look at the back I think you get like 10g's of protein from the milk in them too.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Sugar isn't bad, actually I believe there aren't any "bad" foods just poor choice and good choices.
Exactly. Fruit juice is one of those things that is considered a health food. It's better than soda but I will often see fat people drink juice and they think they are doing themselves a favor when they are eating the same amount of calories.

I usually choose whole fruit over juice though because of the fiber. It just satisfies better and it's defiantly better for you.

Also if you make sure to drink most of your juices alongside a meal, the addition of proteins and fats will slow absortion for you.
If I ever do drink juice,it's with a meal. Then I don't get that big insulin crash.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Only thing that I could say bad about fruit juice is dependent on the amount of fructose in it. While its definitely not as bad as soda, it does little to help in the way of restoring muscle glycogen.