Please critique my CKD/Anabolic diet

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, this will be my diet Sunday - Thursday. This will be my diet (not including my carb up days). I want to get this part of the diet approved first before I move on to the more complicated carb up part. So here it is:

5 whole eggs
Bacon
Cheese
Sausage

8 oz. 80/20 hamburger
Bacon
Cheese
Pecans

6 oz. Salmon
Shots of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Snap Peas

8 oz. 80/20 hamburger
Bacon
Cheese
Walnuts
Snap Peas

50 gram whey protein shake
Olive oil

Nonfat cottage cheese
Natural Peanut butter

BigDaddyR690

BigDaddyR690

Awards
Your diet doesn't seem all that bad, except for that the majority of your fat intake seems to be coming from saturated fats. While the fats are good for packing in those extra calories, they aren't so good for your arteries. While dietary fats don't contribute a whole hell of a lot to your cholesterol, dependent upon how long you do this diet, your arteries are gonna be hurtin. I would put some roughage (vegetables, salad) into your diet for fiber and to somewhat offset the saturated fats. Flax-seed oil will keep some of those fats from being wholly absorbed into your system as well.
Also, how often are you going to be eating? Make sure your largest protein meal is after you workout and then eat a meal with a good amount of protein about 60 minutes afterward.

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
Make sure your largest protein meal is after you workout and then eat a meal with a good amount of protein about 60 minutes afterward.
So have a meal right after I workout, and another 60 minutes later?

avenue Red

Awards
have u added up how many carbs are in all the nuts u eat throughout the day. remember try and stay below 20g carbs per day

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to tell you my stats, I'm 5'11 240 with about 19%bf. Here is my updated meal plan for low carb days:

Meal 1: 720 AM
5 whole eggs (cals-400, fat-30, protein 35)
Bacon (cals-87, fat-7, protein-6)
Cheddar Cheese (cals-86, fat-7, carb-1, protein-5)

Meal 2: 11AM
4 oz. 90/10 hamburger(cals-214, fat-10.5, protein-24.5)
Pepperjack Cheese (cals-61, fat-3, protein-7)
Olive oil (cals-240, fat-28)

Meal 3: 3PM
Cheese stick(cals-80, fat-5, protein-8)
cucumber
Natural Peanut Butter (cals-210, fat-16, carbs-6, protein-8)

Meal 4 (Preworkout): 6:30PM
8 oz. 90/10 hamburger(cals-427, fat-21, protein-49)
Bacon (cals-87, fat-7, protein-6)
Pepperjack Cheese(cals-61, fat-3, protein-7)

Post-workout shake: 8:45 PM
protein shake (cals-240, fat-2, carb-6, protein-48)

Meal 6 (Postworkout meal): 9:45 PM
2 chicken breast(cals-150, protein-35)
Salad
Almonds (cals-170, fat-15, protein-6)

Totals:
Fat- 210 grams (64%)
Protein- 244 grams (33%)
Carbs- around 30, no direct carbs
Calories= 2,962

*Is my protein too high since my lean body mass is 190lbs and I hear if you take in to much protein it gets converted to glucose?

BigDaddyR690

BigDaddyR690

Awards
So have a meal right after I workout, and another 60 minutes later?
yes. your best bet is a whey protein shake like you said you take. it's digested fully in about an hour. what i like to do is mix it with 1 cup 1% milk and 1 cup 1% chocolate milk. the sugars in the chocolate milk will raise your insulin a bit to help increase the absorption of the protein and the protein from the milk (which is 80% casein - a slower digesting protein) will keep protein flowing in your body for up to 5 hours later.