bioavalibilty of protein in Canned tuna
- 12-30-2008, 05:21 PM
- 12-31-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm pretty sure it's fine. Even if it is processed it's minimal. I mean a hotdog is about as processed as it gets and it has protein. Not that I'd ever eat a hot dog after seeing how they are made on Discovery Channel...
01-03-2009, 04:44 PM
... eh, gross! There's a show called "how it's made" or something like that, probably the show you mentioned planetfuzz. Anyway, they had a segment on how hot dogs are made - way too gross, probably never eating a hotdog ever again.
01-03-2009, 06:24 PM
01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
the processing of the tuna may not take away from the bv...but it takes a lot of heat to seal those cans and that will definately denature the protein...therefore lowering the b.v.
01-05-2009, 11:13 AM
01-05-2009, 11:27 AM
01-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By JudoJosh in forum SupplementsReplies: 23Last Post: 12-15-2014, 09:52 PM
- By Pop A Molly in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 10-11-2013, 03:01 AM
- By lboston in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 13Last Post: 02-22-2012, 06:11 AM
- By chainsaw in forum Weight LossReplies: 37Last Post: 12-24-2004, 01:52 AM
- By Rock Lee in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 02-11-2004, 05:29 PM