I've been burning fat like crazy binging on fruits

GOTSPEED

Awards
For the last few months I've been eating a LOT of bananas and oranges and fat has just been melting away. I don't care what anybody says fruits>>>oats, sweet potatoes, cereals and all the other "complex carbs" I think the whole "complex carb" thing is a genius marketing ploy to sell oats and cereals. I mean look at the food pyramid they make oats and cereals seem as if they're necessary or a vital part of a good diet when they're not. The minerals in oats and cereals don't even get absorbed optimally because of the phylates. F*** Quaker, F*** Kelloggs. I'm getting eating my vegetables and fruits. Don't reply back saying oh what about fiber? Collard Greens and Broccoli contain just as much fiber as oats, cereals if not more.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If it works for you man then have at it!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
are you comparing on a calorie vs calorie basis?
fruit is typically very low in calories.
you need to eat like four apples or 1/2 a watermelon to equal one bowl of oats.

GOTSPEED

Awards
are you comparing on a calorie vs calorie basis?
fruit is typically very low in calories.
you need to eat like four apples or 1/2 a watermelon to equal one bowl of oats.
I'm talking about results.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
I'm talking about results.
yeah, i understand.
i'm was just saying it's probably the lower calorie intake that is responsible for your fat melting, while the source of those calories is a secondary reason.

GOTSPEED

Awards
You might be right about the calorie difference but fruits seem to be good for you either way.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
It's odd, because the only way you'd lose weight is the calorie deficit.

If there were any sort of surplus, the fructose would spill out of your liver and directly into fat stores.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
For the last few months I've been eating a LOT of bananas and oranges and fat has just been melting away. I don't care what anybody says fruits>>>oats, sweet potatoes, cereals and all the other "complex carbs" I think the whole "complex carb" thing is a genius marketing ploy to sell oats and cereals. I mean look at the food pyramid they make oats and cereals seem as if they're necessary or a vital part of a good diet when they're not. The minerals in oats and cereals don't even get absorbed optimally because of the phylates. F*** Quaker, F*** Kelloggs. I'm getting eating my vegetables and fruits. Don't reply back saying oh what about fiber? Collard Greens and Broccoli contain just as much fiber as oats, cereals if not more.
F**k Quaker?? F**k you! I'm just kidding. Oats,sweet potatoes,and cereals have their place. Especially sweet potatoes. Extremely nutritious! Fruits are a part of a BALANCED diet. Fruits are not going to help you magically loose weight.

If you eat less calories than you burn you will loose weight. If you burn 1500 calories in a day and you ate 2500 calories of fruit you WILL gain weight and probably have the sh*ts.

I don't even want to think what life would be like without my oats,breads,rice,cereals...

STPlover

STPlover

Awards
I agree with you in that i think oats and grains are way overrated and isnt as vital as there made out to be.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's odd, because the only way you'd lose weight is the calorie deficit.

If there were any sort of surplus, the fructose would spill out of your liver and directly into fat stores.
I took fruit out of my PWO meal, because of the fructose. The next meal after the PWO meal would be very important. Would probably want to stray from carbs for that meal.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Liver Glycogen levels are very important signals to the body indicating starvation state. Keeping them topped off, but not overflowed, is essential to keep metabolism running prime.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Liver Glycogen levels are very important signals to the body indicating starvation state. Keeping them topped off, but not overflowed, is essential to keep metabolism running prime.
We have a winner. When I am in full training mode, I eat fruit 3-5x/day to keep my liver glycogen levels optimal and I manage to peel off fat. Plus, there are many phytochemicals and micronutrients that help to optimize thyroid, test, GH, etc.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote