The Anabolic Diet's goals

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Are they more conducive to those looking to lose fat rather than gain strength/muscle? That's the vibe I've gotten from it when scrounging around.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I guess what I'm trying to ask is would the anabolic diet be better than a normal high-protein/mid-carb/low-fat diet to add strength?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I am about 6 weeks into the diet now and all my lifts have been making really good progress. You will be able to get in more calories without all the bloat bulking usually gives you on the AD diet. Also your test levels will definitely improve which is great for strength. Finally as long as you do your carb ups right you shouldn't have to worry having lackluster workouts.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
isnt the Anabolic Diet along the lines as the Metabolic Diet and Radical Diet?

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Nice. How many carbs do you consume on the restoring days?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I guess what I'm trying to ask is would the anabolic diet be better than a normal high-protein/mid-carb/low-fat diet to add strength?
Honestly.. Who knows..

Also Better for who?

Try it, and see how it works for YOU, and how you feel on it..

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I thought everyone was the same?

Exactly the same?

Kidding aside, I'll probably try it once I can get money to buy the resources necessary for this kind of diet.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Nice. How many carbs do you consume on the restoring days?
On carb up days i've gotten in the 1-2k carb range.

It's not a very expensive diet, if you can buy meat in bulk it can be a very cost effective diet actually.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
And I can't really buy in bulk, we don't have any CostCo's or Super Walmarts around, and I'd have to pay for a membership to Sam's Club/BJ's with my yearly salary of $0.00, being a student and all.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it is alot but on this diet you can get away with a clean carb load without much fat gain, and I mean buy in bulk by stores. I don't have a sams club or a costco near me but whenever a store sells say 3-5 pounds of meat all at once the price is usually lower. At the store I go to its around 20-60 cents cheaper per the pound to buy in bulk.