High blood pressure, in my sleep?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Odd enough situation.... on nights I dont sleep well, or first thing in the morning I can wake up and feel my heart, or actually hear it beating. Sometimes it will even do a weird faster paced beat when I go to eat my first meal, very weird actually. Feels weird. But I have thought for awhile that in my sleep, My BP increases.. I dont get it. I think tis contributing to my crappy sleep lately. I have been off my fish oil lately, but still. Normal for me is 113-128/60's

Today I was 134/62 L arm, 128/72 R arm. Pulse 65. I tested cuz I cantz sleep, been up since 5. But I dont really feel high BP atm, but still other nights....

has this happened to anyone else?

HardTrainer

HardTrainer

Awards
My blood pressure is much higher straight after I wake up. If I wait 30 mins it's back down to normal levels. I'd always assumed this was normal.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Are you taking any supplements? Have you consulted a physician? Any Stress or Anxiety related issues?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking any supplements? Have you consulted a physician? Any Stress or Anxiety related issues?

Taking basic supps (fish oil, multi) though I just started Mass FX and hypderol(this was going on way before them). Stress...been jobless for awhile now...bills are crushing me :) so just bit of stress with no jobs turning up.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I have had high blood pressure ever since my concussion. it got up to like 140/80 i think? I have been on cycle assist to reduce my blood pressure and thus far its doing its job. My headaches are diminishing quite a bit. I find out tomorrow how big of an effect it has had though. Im going to my eye doctor and having them check out my head and all that stuff while im there. that would be my advice though as it has worked for me. Cycle assist is the cheapest plus its overall healthy.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It definitely sounds like stress is a factor here based on some of the things you've said.

Do you take any sleep supps for assistance when needed?

Just a bit of info as well. Your blood pressure will be higher in nature first thing in the morning.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Odd enough situation.... on nights I dont sleep well, or first thing in the morning I can wake up and feel my heart, or actually hear it beating. Sometimes it will even do a weird faster paced beat when I go to eat my first meal, very weird actually. Feels weird. But I have thought for awhile that in my sleep, My BP increases.. I dont get it. I think tis contributing to my crappy sleep lately. I have been off my fish oil lately, but still. Normal for me is 113-128/60's

Today I was 134/62 L arm, 128/72 R arm. Pulse 65. I tested cuz I cantz sleep, been up since 5. But I dont really feel high BP atm, but still other nights....

has this happened to anyone else?
Doesn't seem too far from your normal range. If it creeps beyond 140/90, then I would start to be concerned.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have nighttime sinus congestion that skyrockets my BP at night.

Also, it would be possible that some form of apnea may be a contributing factor. I've seen theories that suggest lack of o2 causes the heart to beat faster and stronger in attempts to circulate more 02 with apnea. Add in your stressful personal situation, and you have a trifecta for sleep disturbance. Good luck bro!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
well it makes sense. Lately if I go to bed at say 11pm, I wake up at 3am and am screwed because I cant get to sleep. I have melatonin and some 1,3 diphenhydramine just havent used em lately.

I show no stress to people all day. Nor do I succumb to it myself during the day I pray it away and just ignore it. I actually spend some days spending hours helping a couple friends of mine through the junk they have going. Just guess once I try to sleep, once I am no longer awake it just gets to me.

So I am probably screwed till I get a job on this section of my life -.-

I just need to sit down with a big bowl of ice cream and watch Tropic Thunder....