Odd cravings during carb load

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
So I just started my carb load up. Started the night out with a peanut butter and banana sandwich on toasted bread with jalepenos black pepper and garlic. First time I ever tried it and it was delicious.

Anyone else get odd cravings during their carb loads or am I on my lonesome here?

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
Were you high? that sounds like something my pothead roommate would make when he's baked lol. sounds nasty man... really nasty.

But no my cravings are only for the delicious food i have been depriving myself of for the previous 5 days.

avenue Red

Awards
haha priceless.
i dont get wierd cravings. but i get crazy cheerio cravings for some reason. once i touch a carb its like down hill lol

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Were you high? that sounds like something my pothead roommate would make when he's baked lol. sounds nasty man... really nasty.

But no my cravings are only for the delicious food i have been depriving myself of for the previous 5 days.

Nah, i'm sober all the time. It was pretty good.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Nah, i'm sober all the time. It was pretty good.

Typically due to your body lacking certain nutrients. When it realizes you are no longer starving yourself, your body will subconsciously gear you towards food that contains what you need.

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
I just had a crazy craving for jellied cranberry sauce....... ate half a can. It was pretty good.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Typically due to your body lacking certain nutrients. When it realizes you are no longer starving yourself, your body will subconsciously gear you towards food that contains what you need.
That's actually incorrect.

How do you explain cravings that fat people have for donuts, chocolate, burgers, etc...?

Some cravings are induced by blood sugar levels too, so that has nothing to do with needing certain nutrients.

It's natural for humans to have an appetite for more food than they need, food was never available like it was today, so when it was, they gorged, hence the cravings.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Odd cravings.. well, dudes.. here's an odd flavor..

Have some spaghetti, and add cinnamon to it.

It is fugging AMAZING. Do it, NOW.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Odd cravings.. well, dudes.. here's an odd flavor..

Have some spaghetti, and add cinnamon to it.

It is fugging AMAZING. Do it, NOW.
That's not weird. Cinnamon adds a good complexity to food flavors.

It's that cinnamon is usually used as a sweetened component of desert foods. Try a cinnamon and coffee rub on a thick steak, woo, talk about good.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
peanut butter and bacon pizza with provalone cheese.....yeah i know someone that does this...WTF!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
That's actually incorrect.

How do you explain cravings that fat people have for donuts, chocolate, burgers, etc...?

Some cravings are induced by blood sugar levels too, so that has nothing to do with needing certain nutrients.

It's natural for humans to have an appetite for more food than they need, food was never available like it was today, so when it was, they gorged, hence the cravings.

He's right actually. In normal survival terms, discovery had a show on it. A man was at sea for an extended period of time (I don't remember), he was eating just fish to survive and eventually started to crave the liver, eyes, skin, etc and started to crave them as they had the nutrients and fresh water he was lacking.

But in this situation I don't think it's the same, i'm very well nourished, macro and micro wise. I eat veggies everyday, get everything in that way and a multi for good measure.

The human body does get gratification for eating new foods. I'm thinking now it was because I was shifting out of ketosis and I was still craving savory/spicy foods.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
The human body does get gratification for eating new foods. I'm thinking now it was because I was shifting out of ketosis and I was still craving savory/spicy foods.
Exactly why I made mention. I knew you're doing Keto. Unless you are really upping vitamin / mineral intake, I still tend to think along tha same lines... especially tha longer you go on diet, leaner you get and time between refeeds.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Exactly why I made mention. I knew you're doing Keto. Unless you are really upping vitamin / mineral intake, I still tend to think along tha same lines... especially tha longer you go on diet, leaner you get and time between refeeds.
I do get in my micronutrients. I'm very particular about that. Almost every one of my meals during the day that is made from meat is combined with some variety of vegetables.

I also pop a multi every day.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I was going to say; sounded like something my brother would get into after a hard session at the bong.......

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
I am a huge fan of the pb and bacon pizza. Salty and sweet. It's good times. But, not as good as the pb, bacon and banana sandwich.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I am a huge fan of the pb and bacon pizza. Salty and sweet. It's good times. But, not as good as the pb, bacon and banana sandwich.
Oh that is a mighty sammich! I love those things!