My favorite new SUPER COMMON supplement!

Schecterx

Schecterx

Awards
Haha as the title says my new favorite SUPER COMMON supplement is.....

Metamucil.

Fiber.

As many of you, I have tried alot of products to suppress my appetite. I'm a big eater. Venom hyperdrive works well with me, very well, and gives me the energy = to a cup of coffee for 12hrs. But after work, and after the gym, when 7-8 pm creeps up, and I'm getting those nightly pre-bed hunger pains, and I desperately want a hugeee peanut butter sandwich. I drink a glass of metamucil and instantly almost, I'm hunger free.

:)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Just buy bulk psyllium husks..way cheaper and you're not getting all the sugar they put in Metamucil.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good call on the "sugar" Metamucil throws in. They have sugar free options as well for whatit's worth.

What's with this Glucomannon stuff (source of fiber) I keep hearing about lately for another fiber-appetitie suppressant item?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, fiber doesn't get the respect it deserves.

SoonersSB

SoonersSB

Awards
Good call on the "sugar" Metamucil throws in. They have sugar free options as well for whatit's worth.

What's with this Glucomannon stuff (source of fiber) I keep hearing about lately for another fiber-appetitie suppressant item?
Glucomannon is a fibre that when mixed with a liquid swells to ~500x its size. This has many benefits. First, it takes up more space in the stomach which makes you feel fuler for longer. Second, it slows the absoption of everything you eat (just like any other fiber) but to a greater extent. This means a lower insulin response, which is what we all want. Third, it actually is really good at keepin you "regular" provided you drink a lot of water.
I have used it in the past (and right now) and can tell you it works magic, especially when take before the 3 major meals.
Hope this helps.:food:

Schecterx

Schecterx

Awards
I'll definitely have to check Glucomannon out. I don't think I know anyone "in person" that takes a fiber supplement haha. But Since I started, I live by it.

SoonersSB

SoonersSB

Awards
Man... Fiber is great!! the more fibre in your diet the less hungry you feel, the slower the absorption of the food you eat, lower insulin levels, better digestion... i could go on and on! I LOVE FIBRE hahhahahaha

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
excellent!

where do you all buy it? seems it only comes in capsules (i would guess if you had powder it might make you explode since you take too much) at vitacost, where I buy most of my non-bodybuilder related things.

SoonersSB

SoonersSB

Awards
the stuff i use is from Natural Factors... super gay label but the **** works "Slimstyles". It has a pic of a frolicing lady on the very pink label lol I use about 3grams 3x per day