lifting on carb up?

namctx

Awards
I've read through the anabolic diet book and searched around online but I can't find an answer on if were not supposed to lift during our carb up weekend. Anybody know? Would it be bad if I did?

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
whats a carb up weekend? anyone care to explain. should i not eat carbs during the week?

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
whats a carb up weekend? anyone care to explain. should i not eat carbs during the week?
It depends on your diet. Carb ups are usually for the CKD diet or on refeed days. Basically days where you eat a boatload of carbs.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can't really move during my carbups...so lethargic and bloated. I couldn't imagine going to the gym on these days. I'm probably overdoing it though to feel this way.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I can't really move during my carbups...so lethargic and bloated. I couldn't imagine going to the gym on these days. I'm probably overdoing it though to feel this way.
No, the carb up raises serotonin levels, it's normal. Then you have to deal with all the insulin spikes.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think it's time to load up on stablon, R-ALA and double the digestive enzymes then...if I'm going to function on my weekends hehe.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
You'll get used to it, it's like riding a roller coaster, the same one, time after time after time.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Is that why during ketosis you carb up on your off days, i.e. the weekend?