Having some problems with my diet

sand man

Awards
I need some dietary advice because I think I might be getting in trouble here. It has to be a psycological thing but I don't know what to do about it. I'm trying to bulk up so I'm doing strength training 6x a week. That's the easy part. My only supplements are whey protein, Glucevol, creatine, glutamine, and 3 capsules nightly of Max Anabol from Max Muscle.

For the diet I'm supposed to eat 6x daily for at least 3500 calories and for the first 2 months I was on it everything was going great. I had problems with feeling full when it was time to eat again but I could force it down anyway, I was gaining really well, huge increase in lean mass and slight decreases in BF%. But this last week has been really hard. It's got to the point where I hate eating, even if I feel hungry and the meal is tasty. If I try to force it down I have to stop when I'm 3/4 thru because I know that if I eat anything else I'm going to vomit. But I have to because if I don't keep that level of calories I lose way too much BF. Like up to 2lbs in 2 weeks and I'm only at 8% now (current weight is 163 lbs).

I'm stumped because I always loved eating before and have an insane metabolism so it's never been a problem. Is this just a temporary thing that will pass? Can I replace 30% of my solid protien with casein shakes instead? It seems to be the actual chewing and swallowing thats bothering me, maybe liquid would be easier to stomach. I don't want to drop my calories because I am seeing amazing results on this diet. But the queasiness during eating is getting worse every day. I genuinely hate to eat right now, doesn't matter what it is.

Any advice is welcome because I'm kind of worried about this.

Here's my schedule:
Breakfast - 7am
7oz ham
1 cup raisin bran
1 cup 2% milk
1 cup OJ

Snack - 9:30am
1.5 cups cottage cheese or 1 protien shake
1 banana or yogurt

Lunch - 12:00pm
Turkey sandwich on wheat with 6-8oz meat
1 cup steamed broccoli
10 oz fruit juice

Snack - 3:00pm
2 granola bars
1 protien shake (whey and water)

Workout - 6:30pm
1 shake pre workout with Glucevol, creatine, glutamine
2 shakes post workout - 1 same as above, 2nd with whey and milk
2 dozen wheat thins for carbs afterwards

Dinner - 10:00pm
2 chicken breasts
2 cups of some kind of noodle based thing
.5 cup veggies
2 cups 2% milk

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
This isn't related to your question but you really need some healthy fats in there. Olive oil,natty pb,nuts.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would throw in 4-6 tablespoons of natty pb per day. Also, I would never replace solid protein with a shake. Whole foods are better unless it is a specific time during the day.

sand man

Awards
Ok, I'll throw some PB in there. I try to eat an ounce or so of almonds a day but I've been forgetting lately.

I talked to a dietician and he said I could replace my ham at breakfast with a casein shake as long as I make sure to have another one right before bed. I'll try to make up for it during my mid day meals.

I also got some vitamin B12 which is supposed to help stimulate your appetite by increasing metabolism or something. I don't know if it actually works but it's cheap so I might as well try it.

SNRGNutrition

SNRGNutrition

Awards
You don't have to replace the ham for casein. When bulking and eating whole foods, it sometimes gets challenging eating all those extra calories. The easy way to bump it up is what PlanetFuzz and Aggravated stated, increase healthy fats. This is a simple way of not adding bulk to your foods but adding calories, of course don't indulge on the healthy fats either. If you are not up to a whole meal, the replace it with your own meal replacement such as protein, natty pb or olive oil, oats or yogurt, and blend away. Hopefully this will not make you feel as full, but give you the same amount of calories. About the B-12, never have heard about it stimulating hunger. If your body doesn't need it, you will piss it all out. Hence, the strong color of urine......Save your money.

legz

legz

Awards
IMO....cut your training back to 3-4 days per week for awhile. This will allow you more recovery time and you will be stronger as a result...stronger= bigger...your burning way too many calories hitting the gym 6 days per week and thats why your not gaining as much size...

as far as the diet...simple...1 to 1.5 g protein per lb of bodyweight, MINIMUM
atleast a gallon of h2o daily,
for you being young and lean...3 g of carbs per lb would be good...
and educate yourself along the way...reat posts, ask questions and use the search button for a quick guide..

good luck!

Fear

Fear

Awards
How are your sleeping habits? Getting more than or not enough sleep can tweak your appetite. Also, if you're consuming caffeine/certain other drugs, they might be suppressing your hunger even more.