CKD/TKD and hypertension

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
So i recently started a modified CKD where i only eat carbs after working out, and my blood pressure is throught the roof. I have had previous issues with blood pressure, but i thought it was under control. I am currently taking Hawthorne berry extract, fish oil, flax seed, multi v, zma, and Coq10. I have been extremely stressed about alot lately so it could be that, but i took my blood pressure this morning at the pharmacey(cuff was very tight before i turned it on) and it was through the roof. 169/92... took it a second time after sitting for five ten min and it was 150/90. I am extremely worried that a high fat diet is causing my blood pressure spike. So questions

Could a high fat diet be causing this?

Would it possibly take a coupld days for my body to get used to this diet?

Could the stress im under lately be a large contributing factor?

Anyone with expierence withe celerey seed extract? Have some of this on the way.

Would the small cuff/pharmacey cuff be inacurate?

All help is greatly appreciated.. im very worried that this blood pressure is far to high for a 23 yr old.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
What is your diet like in terms of salt intake? A CKD or ketogenic diet should do some lowering of blood pressure because of the water loss during the low carb period. It does take a few days for your body to get into ketosis.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Stress could be a contributing factor, how has it caused you to react in the past?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
My BP drops like a rock when I go on a Keto diet. The lower my carb intake, the lower my bp goes.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So i recently started a modified CKD where i only eat carbs after working out, and my blood pressure is throught the roof. I have had previous issues with blood pressure, but i thought it was under control. I am currently taking Hawthorne berry extract, fish oil, flax seed, multi v, zma, and Coq10. I have been extremely stressed about alot lately so it could be that, but i took my blood pressure this morning at the pharmacey(cuff was very tight before i turned it on) and it was through the roof. 169/92... took it a second time after sitting for five ten min and it was 150/90. I am extremely worried that a high fat diet is causing my blood pressure spike. So questions

Could a high fat diet be causing this?

Would it possibly take a coupld days for my body to get used to this diet?

Could the stress im under lately be a large contributing factor?

Anyone with expierence withe celerey seed extract? Have some of this on the way.

Would the small cuff/pharmacey cuff be inacurate?

All help is greatly appreciated.. im very worried that this blood pressure is far to high for a 23 yr old.
I have never had my blood pressure go up or stay the same on a zero carb diet, it dropped dramatically and I did for one year, 70-80% of calories from fat.

The cuff size will FUCK UP your readings, BIG TIME, most people have squishy fat arms or small skinny ones.......few have large muscular ones, buy a digital one with a large/X large cuff......I always have high blood pressure....until I get the right cuff.

Stress is an issue too, it's bad to get heated up and not do anything, next time, you get stressed out and aggravated, do as many pushups as you can till you cool down, do some more till you feel relaxed.

Having pent up rage is one of the worst things for blood pressure.

How's your potassium intake?

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
potassium intake is truely terrible.. i drink 1-2 servings of v8 per day.. plus my mulit v.. thats the only potassium i get... i just quit drinking too.. i have loads of fun going out and partying but i just need to get my health in check first

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
With that much V8 your taking in a lot of sodium. That could be contributing to your hypertension

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
To tell you the truth dude, i don't trust those pharmacy cuffs. My Dad went to a doc for his high blood pressure and the doc told him there they weren't very accurate due to the fact that anyone can mess around with them. Im not a fan of going to the doc by any means.. but when it comes to blood pressure, after my dad ignored it for so long and now he is taking several pills, id go to the doc for an accurate reading and check up.. Just my opinion. Good luck bro

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
potassium intake is truely terrible.. i drink 1-2 servings of v8 per day.. plus my mulit v.. thats the only potassium i get... i just quit drinking too.. i have loads of fun going out and partying but i just need to get my health in check first
-Drinking

-Withdrawal from drinking

-sleep schedule

-Stress

-Sodium

-Cuff too tight

-Low Potassium intake

-High sodium intake

-Dehydration

Mine used to be almost as high as yours, it was extra weight for me, once I lost it, it was normal, once I did all the above and got my sh*t together, my pulse went down to 60 sometimes under, breathing is better when blood pressure is normal.

For you, it seems to be one of those issues.

I'd buy lots of celery and eat it, other than the fact that one pill of celery extract=3-4 stalks, you get fiber which is hypothesized to reduce estrogen and is shown to reduce blood pressure, along with the goodies in celery.

99mg of potassium or whatever in your multi doesn't do sh*t, buy some NOW potassium chloride, stuff tastes nasty in water....works fine with chili, eggs, beans, making burger, soups, and 1/8 tsp 350mg in protein shakes with 10oz+ water and one scoop(two hide it better)

That's all the info I have, not from what I read posted on a forum, but sh*t that I did and worked for me.

With that much V8 your taking in a lot of sodium. That could be contributing to your hypertension
I think something like less than 50% of people are sodium sensitive, although paleolithic people were thought to intake 700-1000mg of sodium a day, MAX and were healthy.

Low sodium V8 is great because it's low in sodium, high in potassium, add some tabasco and vodka and you have a full meal.