Football Diet: Need some help - AnabolicMinds.com

Football Diet: Need some help

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Football Diet: Need some help

Hey guys, this is my deit as of now. Im 222 pounds and wana get to 230 235 and lean out by august. What do you guys think about my diet and what can i change? Also im in college i really cant buy my own food until im home for xmas break..

first meal of the day: two peices whole wheat toast, egg white omlet and two whole eggs, cereal and skim milk

25 gram protein shake

Lunch: always whole wheat pasta, whole wheat wrap with turkey and hot sauce, 2% cottage cheese and then it depends on the meal of the day. Ussually ill try and eat a plate of refried beans or turkey or mashed potatoes.

Pre and Post workout supps and 50 gram protein shake

Dinner: Always the same thing as lunch..

two hours before bed: Egg white omlet + 6 hard boiled egg whites

With all my meals i consume a glass of water, apple juice and skim milk. I try and get a gallon of water a day to...

Please hit me with all suggestions and comments and help, i need it. The goal here is to get bigger and keep body fat low... and maybe gain some weight too

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

1.5-2g prot per pound of bodyweight, everyday. That's approx 50g of prot. every meal or snack. Spreading it evenly throughout the day helps to keep your nitrogen balance positive all day long, and that means progress.

Eat veggies and fruit, you don't have any included in the meal plan above. Getting a good variety can really help with overall health and vivacity. Additionally, they raise the pH of your system and provide potassium, which is very necessary to all athletes.

Honestly, I could see you eating a lot more too, but again I don't know your actual serving sizes at lunch and dinner. Either way, I would avoid the mashed potatoes and refried beans and opt for a healthier complex carb, or even just more milk.

What's your pre and post workout nutrition look like?
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

I forgot to mention the fruit. I eat like 5 apples a day and 2 naners. I love apples. But yeah the portions i eat are basically until my stomach hurts. Why would u replace the beans with a complex carb at dinner or lunch btw.

My preworkout supps are 3.5 g cit malate. 5 g creatine mono. 1.6 g beta alanine, panax ginseng, great tea extract, RPM and some xtend.

Postworkout is 50 gram protein shake, 5 g creatine mono, 250 mg alpha lipoic acid.

Ill sometimes add in like 200 calories of gatorade mix to the preworkouts supps to
    •   

4. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

refried beans are a complex carb, they are just usually processed quite a bit and have a lot of fat added as well. Just plain beans, however, are great for you.

Eating until your stomach hurts is not the best idea - if you eat too much at once, it is more than your body can burn off in the amount of time it takes to digest and, therefore, some of the energy you consume will be stored as fat. How much is stored really depends on body type - if you're an ectomorph, you won't have a problem with this, but if your are a meso or endo, eating such large meals is not the way to go. I'd add some carbs and fat to your protein shakes and add more cals to your post workout shake. Additionally, a very dilute intra-workout shake can help a ton with endurance - xtend plus some gatorade powder would be perfect. With these additions, you could back off a bit at lunch and dinner and eat until your comfortably full, not stuffed.

Also, I don't know how things work at your college, but I was always able to grab a cup and fill it up with cottage cheese or some such thing to snack on later or while I was in class.

***NOW @ NP***
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What's the total amount of kcals?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Dude i really dont know about calories man. I really cant tell how much the chicken or turkey or pasta i have has in it.... I know that would help but i have no idea how to calculate

As for Resolve, I think my belly hurting has less to do with the amount of food and more to do with the quality of the food. Whats with the meso endo ecto stuff? For the during workout drink, i really dont have any problem getting through my workouts now. I hurt my hamstring and havent been doing cardio or running so i really keep my workouts under 1:30. Thats a good idea though for the hard summer days and workouts though.

How would you add carbs and fat to my shakes? And why would you add the fat? The cottage cheese is ussually 2% Id take some but im really consuming something every hour or so already.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If you're not willing to calculate you caloric consumption, the you're just veing lazy. Everything you buy has nutritional information and it will take just a few minutes to add it all up.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

nah bro i eat in the dining room at school. Like i wish i could do that but i cant.
  9. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

well, for your morning protein shake, add carbs and fat by throwing some milk and peanut butter in there. You add the fat because healthy fats (such as natural pb, olive oil, avocado, fish oil, coconut) aid in hormonal regulation and contribute to cardio-vascular health, not to mention joint health. Adding fats to your post-workout shakes is not necessary, but adding some fat in with your last meal of the day would definitely be beneficial.

If counting calories is impractical, just base things off of your progress and go by trial and error: shoot for eating a certain volume of everything and adjust as you find necessary. I.e. if you aren't gaining any muscle, increase it slightly; if you gain too much fat, decrease it slightly.

***NOW @ NP***
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Thanks man. Thats basically what ive been doing. Is my nite meal and breakfast good though should i add more whole eggs bread or anything?? Ive since added in two whole eggs at nite and in the morning. Im at prob at 12% f right now and im sure thatll drop alot once i can start doing cardio
  11. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Yeah, you could bump it up to 3 or 4 whole eggs at both those meals. However, some more cottage cheese would also make a great addition to that last meal - it contains casein, a form of protein that is very slow digesting and great to eat before bed.

Load up at breakfast - not only have a couple more eggs, but have another glass of milk and maybe another piece of toast, depending on how much fruit you eat then.

***NOW @ NP***
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

sounds great man. All that fat at nite and the morning isnt bad though from the egss??
  13. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Nope. Free range eggs would be better, but normal eggs will suffice - and the cholesterol (provided your egg yolks don't sit around for a long time before you eat them so it oxidizes) will provide for the better natural production of testosterone and other important steroid hormones.

***NOW @ NP***
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

why wouldnt all that fat be bad? I mean im sure im getting a lot of other fat to from lunch and dinner...
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Fat is very useful for not only muscle, but also immune and hormone health. Not all fat is created equal.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

The fat at your last meal will slow it's digestion, prolonging the release of amino acids and helping prevent catabolism. At breakfast, well that's just to increase the cals that you get first thing in the day, which helps boost your metabolism. However, if you can get enough cals at breakfast without increasing your whole eggs, say just by increasing your protein intake instead, that would be fine too.

Just bear in mind that you want a minimum of 30% of your cals to come from fat for supposedly optimal hormone levels

***NOW @ NP***
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 1st PH use for old man football
    By phatallover13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 12:27 PM
  2. Football Player in search of diet help.
    By natty texan in forum Bulking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 04:00 PM
  3. football
    By mjaguilar10 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 05:09 PM
  4. Football Anyone?
    By TheLaw in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 06:55 PM