flax oil

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
how does it taste? kinda nutty like flax meal tastes, or awful like fish oil?

id like to use flax oil as a more consistent fat source. and currently ill add a tbsp of EVOO to a meal, or just down it with a meal, but it tastes like death going down.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
i just went to my pantry, grabbed my flax oil and took a little taste. haven't used this in so long i thikn i kno why now

this is from safeway, meaning it wasn't refrigerated like the ones in health food stores, but I doubt the taste is any different.

it starts off like a normal oil, with a tad citrus taste. then it ends incredibly bitter. the stuff is awful, but probably not as bad fish oil i suppose. I used to mix it with some apple cider vinegar and it was ok.

the only reason I'd use it is because it has omega 3s, whereas evoo has none of that. the taste is crap tho!

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
i just went to my pantry, grabbed my flax oil and took a little taste. haven't used this in so long i thikn i kno why now

this is from safeway, meaning it wasn't refrigerated like the ones in health food stores, but I doubt the taste is any different.

it starts off like a normal oil, with a tad citrus taste. then it ends incredibly bitter. the stuff is awful, but probably not as bad fish oil i suppose. I used to mix it with some apple cider vinegar and it was ok.

the only reason I'd use it is because it has omega 3s, whereas evoo has none of that. the taste is crap tho!