flax oil - AnabolicMinds.com

flax oil

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

flax oil

how does it taste? kinda nutty like flax meal tastes, or awful like fish oil?

id like to use flax oil as a more consistent fat source. and currently ill add a tbsp of EVOO to a meal, or just down it with a meal, but it tastes like death going down.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  163 lbs.

i just went to my pantry, grabbed my flax oil and took a little taste. haven't used this in so long i thikn i kno why now

this is from safeway, meaning it wasn't refrigerated like the ones in health food stores, but I doubt the taste is any different.

it starts off like a normal oil, with a tad citrus taste. then it ends incredibly bitter. the stuff is awful, but probably not as bad fish oil i suppose. I used to mix it with some apple cider vinegar and it was ok.

the only reason I'd use it is because it has omega 3s, whereas evoo has none of that. the taste is crap tho!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  163 lbs.

i just went to my pantry, grabbed my flax oil and took a little taste. haven't used this in so long i thikn i kno why now

this is from safeway, meaning it wasn't refrigerated like the ones in health food stores, but I doubt the taste is any different.

it starts off like a normal oil, with a tad citrus taste. then it ends incredibly bitter. the stuff is awful, but probably not as bad fish oil i suppose. I used to mix it with some apple cider vinegar and it was ok.

the only reason I'd use it is because it has omega 3s, whereas evoo has none of that. the taste is crap tho!
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. To Flax or Not? Flax Seed Lignans A Natural Aromotase Blocker?
    By DSA1 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 03:26 PM
  2. Help with flax oil
    By Sticks in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 10:37 PM
  3. Flax Oil
    By FrTimothy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 11:05 PM
  4. Flax oil?