Which do you think is more important? Intra or Post?

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I really like taking an amino/carb drink during my workouts (such as intra-aid or purple wrath). I also really like drinking a shake after my workout but I don't really see how both is possible. Especially if you factor in a possible pre-workout drink. I'm mainly just talking about the stomach getting too full. If I drink something during my workout I don't feel like drinking something else immediately after. If I had to choose which do you think is more important? Or maybe there is something I'm missing...

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
no offense but thats why you are 169lbs. i drink constantly while working out, i drink prewo too, and i drink post and im still not full. but besides that i would say if you arent going to eat a meal post then post would be more important. I rarely take supps intra, just water most of the time.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
no offense but thats why you are 169lbs. i drink constantly while working out, i drink prewo too, and i drink post and im still not full. but besides that i would say if you arent going to eat a meal post then post would be more important. I rarely take supps intra, just water most of the time.
Oh no offense taken! I suppose a intra drink isn't all that necessary especially since my pre workout nutrition is solid and I don't work out for longer than an hour. I've been doing aminos and carbs intra for the past month and a whole food meal after. I went from 155 to 169 but I really miss the post workout shake. I love that feeling of just being really hungry after and just pounding it down.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh no offense taken! I suppose a intra drink isn't all that necessary especially since my pre workout nutrition is solid and I don't work out for longer than an hour. I've been doing aminos and carbs intra for the past month and a whole food meal after. I went from 155 to 169 but I really miss the post workout shake. I love that feeling of just being really hungry after and just pounding it down.
Why don't you take half of the current pre/during serving and half of the pwo serving? or......you can take a full pre/during serving.....and then smoke......and then take a full serving pwo.....:D

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you take half of the current pre/during serving and half of the pwo serving? or......you can take a full pre/during serving.....and then smoke......and then take a full serving pwo.....:D
:lol: The funny thing is that would probably work.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
what do you have to take pre/intra/post ?
I've been doing:

1 scoop whey
1/2 cups oats
1 cup milk

1 hour later: Ragnarok

During: Purple Wrath w/ 10g Waxy Maize

I have a feeling I might be making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Dang it,sorry for the double post.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:lol: The funny thing is that would probably work.
Yeah, I use it as a bulker......to make cardio more fun....to sleep........a staple just as much as protein shakes and tuna cans!

Why not just add another shake before the pwo meal?

2 scoops Isolate with FF milk, bananas and sugar (smoke during)

30mins-1 hour....or right after even....add solid meal....that' what I would do if bulking....although the solid meal would be a slab of ribs though....:D

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I use it as a bulker......to make cardio more fun....to sleep........a staple just as much as protein shakes and tuna cans!

Why not just add another shake before the pwo meal?

2 scoops Isolate with FF milk, bananas and sugar (smoke during)

30mins-1 hour....or right after even....add solid meal....that' what I would do if bulking....although the solid meal would be a slab of ribs though....:D
I've thought about doing that. I'd probably be better off vaporizing. I miss my vapolution...

The main reason I like eating a whole meal after is because I usually go right to work and it's easier to drink my gainer shake at work. I never wanted to eat 2 liquid meals in a row. I've never tried it though so I'm not sure how I'd do. Solid food just satisfies more...you know?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i would think post workout is more important, for only one reason - you can get more calories in after a workout than you can during.

as far as nutrient timing, they would be equally important IMO, but i haven't seen any intra-workout studies to back that claim up.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
based on what you are currently doing i think you are fine doing it the way you are. you have a high protien carb meal after so youre fine.