How to beat a cold before it starts

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My Gf has a cold and i was kissing her.. WhaT can i take to kick this cold before it gets worst?

FYI- how can she stop hers

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Well you should always be taking Vit C to keep the immune strong, maybe try airbourne

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I dono what the dosage amount is in that, but you should be taking about 500mg every morning.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
3 grams per day... if you're in fear of getting sick.

Kalakbar

Awards
My Gf has a cold and i made the mistake of kissing her.. WhaT can i take to kick this cold before it gets worst?
Sleep. I have not gotten a single cold or flu this year, although I can count on one hand the number of nights that I've gotten less than 6 hours sleep. I also take a multivitamin and two tablespoons of fish oil before bed.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sleep. I have not gotten a single cold or flu this year, although I can count on one hand the number of nights that I've gotten less than 6 hours sleep. I also take a multivitamin and two tablespoons of fish oil before bed.
i never 6+ hrs at my gf house.. i cant

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin c at 5-6 grams a day. Try to get time released because it's a water soluble vitamin so anything you can't use immediately after you take it you'll just flush out. Another you can check out is ecinachia (sp?). I took 4 grams a day at the hint of a cold for a few days and it never caught on. Or you can check out "Wellness formula", not sure what company it is. Stronger than airbourne IMO. Full of c, echinacia, goldenseal, olive leaf, garlic, etc.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Vitamin c at 5-6 grams a day. Try to get time released because it's a water soluble vitamin so anything you can't use immediately after you take it you'll just flush out. Another you can check out is I took 4 grams a day at the hint of a cold for a few days and it never caught on. Or you can check out "Wellness formula", not sure what company it is. Stronger than airbourne IMO. Full of c, echinacia, goldenseal, olive leaf, garlic, etc.
damn 4g of ecinachia (sp?), I think over 2g of vit C is a waste. I took 3g last nite and woke up and pissed alot of it out

joelast

joelast

Awards
Just got over a cold, When I felt it on I started pounding orange juice and thise stuff called emergen-c, its like 1g of Vit C per serving.

I take Animal Pak too and that usually keeps me in good health, usually only get one or two colds a year.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I know this may sound crazy,.. but at the hint of getting sick, I get proactive and actually try to work out harder, more cardio, and sweat it out!!! I also increase my vitamin c!!!

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
damn 4g of ecinachia (sp?), I think over 2g of vit C is a waste. I took 3g last nite and woke up and pissed alot of it out
Don't take more than 1G at a time. That's about the max that your body can utilize at any 1 time. Spread the doses throughout the day.

Julio R

Awards
if your immune system is strong you probably have nothing to worry about.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Dhea, Zinc lozenges, chopped raw garlic swallowed with water like pills, use 3 cloves initially then 1 clove dly till gone.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Don't take more than 1G at a time. That's about the max that your body can utilize at any 1 time. Spread the doses throughout the day.
That was what I meant. Take what I suggested in doses throughout the day, not all at once lol.

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
Whey Protein + extra glutamine (optional)
Vitamin C
Water
Sleep

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Someone mentioned probiotics... Gut Health has been great to me for the past year or so, and despite plugging away pretty steady with the sessions lately, I've been able to stay healthy. Definitly think it's something to consider, especially with winter right around the corner.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
It must be this fukcin thread
Agreed.

Someone mentioned probiotics... Gut Health has been great to me for the past year or so, and despite plugging away pretty steady with the sessions lately, I've been able to stay healthy. Definitly think it's something to consider, especially with winter right around the corner.
Gut Health is defiantly a great product.

Fear

Fear

Awards
I've been having a massive cold for over a week that has been accompanied by lots of phlegm, mucus, throat pains, coughing... all the good stuff. I'm starting to think that I may actually have sinusitis, since I broke my nose cartilage in a fight last year and my septum has been deviated since... going to get it checked out tomorrow.

Question is, could all this be slowing down the muscle growth process? because I really don't want to be eating way too much if none of it will go towards lean growth.

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
If you're sick, growing muscle is the last thing your body wants to do. I'll wait until I felt better and then resume normal eating patterns.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
If you're sick, growing muscle is the last thing your body wants to do. I'll wait until I felt better and then resume normal eating patterns.
I'm not sure I'd go that far. It really depends on how sick I am.