Arg, metabolism question

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Alright people, I have heard if you don't eat 2-3 hours then your metabolism slows, and catabolism starts up. I have also heard that you don't need to eat every 2-3 hours, but it can be 4-5, but they never mentioned anything about catabolism.

So, what is it?

I bring a snack to school between breakfast and lunch to eat because of this, if it's false, then I can stop having to bring some frikkin pecans in a bag and eat em in the bathroom <_< (No food allowed in school)

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I don't have the link on hand, but I will look for it, but there was a study that was done with 3-4 (I think) meals a day that were as effective or more effective than 6-8. Also, you have to consider that you are on CKD, fat and protein take much longer to digest than if you were eating a carb rich diet.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Thank God, lol.

So I am just able to eat a slightly bigger breakfast/lunch and I will be OK then? What is the latest I should be eating my main dinner? Since I am only having fat/protein, I am guessing I need to eat 2-3 hours before bed because of digestion?

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I eat up right until I go to bed to be honest. I try to get 4 meals through the day every 4-5 hours about.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I can quit making a snack then, that rocks :)

Kalakbar

Awards
In my recent experience, I'm getting much better results with 4 meals a day than with 6. Still the same amount of calories, same macronutrients, just larger and more infrequent meals. Not only are the meals more satisfying for me, I also spend less time eating overall, which is good.

I also often eat right near bed, and have not noticed any issues with it. Granted, I'm not eating loads of carbs before bed, but I digress :p

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
With CKD, I really only like doing 4-5 meals at the most. I don't see the point in going too high. If I ate 6-8 meals a day while on CKD I would have days out of the week where I would get 300 or less calories with just protein and fat, not very filling.