Sickness & Detriment

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I lost ~10 lbs. last night as a result of chronic vomiting. How can I expect this to hurt me next time I lift (/will I lose a lot of strength)?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I lost ~10 lbs. last night as a result of chronic vomiting. How can I expect this to hurt me next time I lift (/will I lose a lot of strength)?
What happened dawg?

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
My last football game I'll ever play was rainy and cold as all hell. My stomach hurt when I came home, so I attributed it to hunger, but when I ate it didn't make anything better. I had a fever of 100 and went to sleep, stomach still hurting. I woke up about an hour later and threw up all over my bed, so I slept downstairs. I woke up again and threw up in the sink. Rinse and repeat 2 more times.

+ I still haven't eaten yet today. Was 185 last night, now down to 174.5.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
My last football game I'll ever play was rainy and cold as all hell. My stomach hurt when I came home, so I attributed it to hunger, but when I ate it didn't make anything better. I had a fever of 100 and went to sleep, stomach still hurting. I woke up about an hour later and threw up all over my bed, so I slept downstairs. I woke up again and threw up in the sink. Rinse and repeat 2 more times.

+ I still haven't eaten yet today. Was 185 last night, now down to 174.5.
Damn... Hopefully you don't have some kind of food poisoning or anything. The weight will climb back up though. Can you eat anything? Or you feel like you'll throw up?

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Well, I ate some chicken noodle soup over the course of a few hours successfully. Now I mostly feel feverish, but who knows whether or not I'll throw up again. I'm definitely not going to risk downing ALCAR...eww.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's definitely water for the most part, dude. I'm sure your lifts will be down a little, but they will bounce right back in a week or two. I've been through all different kinds of sicknesses. The only ones that are real detrimental are the flus that hang on for a while and keep you from eating. As long as you get in your fluids, BCAAs if you have them would be excellent, and of course get in food as soon as you can stomache it you will be fine.

Don't worry about it, man! Just focus on getting better.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I ate a little more today, but I definitely think it's killing my appetite. I guess we'll see tomorrow how it'll effect me. =/

On the plus side, I'm more cut than anytime in recent memory.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't even bother working out if you can't hit it at maximum intensity. REST UP!

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I think I've shaken it for the most part, but it's having some longer-term effects on my appetite. We'll see how it goes in the morning.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Wow,sorry to hear that man. You'll bounce right back. I hate it when things ruin the "rhythm" of my training but unfortunately that is life.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
hope you get better soon bud!

are you taking any supps at the moment? Tried gut health? Think i'd of had flu by now if i hadn't started taking it :D

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Well, for some reason my back weights remained the same but my EZ bicep curling was WAY down. I used to do the bar +25+5+2.5's on each side 10 times, and I could hardly do 5 today. And I noticed my chest looked smaller in the mirror today. Damniiiiit.

And no, I'm not currently on anything except for ALCAR. I figure might as well get a good cut out of this bull****. =/

Oh well, at least it's over. Thanks for the support.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, for some reason my back weights remained the same but my EZ bicep curling was WAY down. I used to do the bar +25+5+2.5's on each side 10 times, and I could hardly do 5 today. And I noticed my chest looked smaller in the mirror today. Damniiiiit.

And no, I'm not currently on anything except for ALCAR. I figure might as well get a good cut out of this bull****. =/

Oh well, at least it's over. Thanks for the support.
Duuuuude! I'm telling you, it's JUST water. You can't lose that much muscle in a couple days. Your lifts will be right back up where they were next week.

If you were bulking, continue bulking. It's not like starting out a cut on the wrong foot is good anyways. Don't ever start out a cut just because you got sick. At least build back the muscle you think you lost.

My freshman year of college I went from 170 to 198lbs. I cought the flu at the end of the semester and was down to about 175 over the course of two weeks. Four weeks later, I had it ALL back.

Muscle memory is a beautiful thing.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's almost all water with a tad of glycogen. You may be affected for a few days in the gym, but it is not irreparable damage.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear. My lifts are definitely down, though, but it sounds like they'll bounce back.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I've been sick for about a week and have lost 7-9 pounds. Hoping it's just fluid also.