A little help with a diet plan...

Koogsta

Awards
Forgive my stupidity but when it comes to dieting i know absolutely nothing... I am looking for some help as far as a decent start to dieting. I am coming off eating out pretty much every meal everyday... I sell cars and go to school so my preperation is terrible....

Anyways can you guys help me out I am 20 years old 5'10 and fluctuate between 220 - 230 keep in mind 2 years ago when i was still playing sports i was around 185 same height. Any ideas? Thanks.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
what are your goals and what is your training like?

Koogsta

Awards
I train just a few times a week right now I need to step my training up since i am going into the fire academy in 8 months but my goal is to be between 190-200 when that 8 months gets here. Reasonable?

Koogsta

Awards
And the training is not vigorous like running a mile 3-4 times a week and lifting normal

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
30lbs in 8 months is definitely a reasonable goal. I think you can certainly attain it with the right training and nutrition for sure.

Could you give a little insight to your diet now? What types of foods you eat, what times, how many times, etc? That would help for sure.

Koogsta

Awards
Yea it is pretty easy I eat once or twice a day... First around 11 and it is usually fast food or a sandwhich. And then I eat somewhere around 8 or 9 which is usually fast food or something i can throw in the microwave. So pretty much fast food which also has to do with me not know what i should be eating.

This past week i stopped eating out and have been eating a lot of rice, chicken, ground turkey, turkey burgers, and then snack stuff like chips and yogurt.

Koogsta

Awards
Oh and i forgot to mention I am a very picky eater, I do not like a lot of vegetables or any condoments

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
You need to start eating more frequently man. That is your number 2 problem right now (right behind fast food). When you eat more often, your metabolism stays moving all day long...thus helping you drop fat. You should eat 5-7 small meals a day. For my personal needs I try to eat 6 times a day at 400 cals a meal.

You definitely need some other choices for food as well. A lot of turkey burgers have all kinds of extra sodium and such in them that you don't need. Chips are certainly not something you need. Start looking towards more natural alternatives.

Koogsta

Awards
Right I figured that it was just quick so that is what i was used to but i am willing to actually put some time in preperation. What do you reccomend as far as foods? I am looking for an outline that i can base my day off if you dont mind.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Right I figured that it was just quick so that is what i was used to but i am willing to actually put some time in preperation. What do you reccomend as far as foods? I am looking for an outline that i can base my day off if you dont mind.
I have to leave for work pretty soon...but if you want to PM me so I remember, I can send you info when I get home in the morning

mr.universe

mr.universe

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind a simple rule. Quantity (calories) will determine your size, weight etc and the quality of your meals will determine your composition. As Kalakbar said 1000 calories a day for someone 265lbs is WAY too little food. Starving yourself will force your body to store as many calories as possible for survival. Those calories are stored in your fat cells, so you will always appear to have a softer body composition. Weight training is something that should always be part of your fitness regimine, muscle burns more calories than fat. Oh and as far as waiting hours to exercise while starving sets your metabolism on SLOW. You want to stimulate the metabolism as quickly as possible in the morning so try not to hesitate on the cardio. First thing on an empty stomach is ideal but if you can't make it first thing get some food in you to kick start the metabolism. Supplements should be a very small part of your weight loss program.

Koogsta

Awards
Ok sounds good. So if i can get some cardio first thing in the morning that will be most effective. Followed by breakfast I am sure would help drasticaly.