Critique?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.

Critique?

My morning routine;

11am - wake, mix 2 scoops core ABC, 3 scoops Xtend and 5 grams of creatine, 4g GMS w/ 35g dex/wms. Slam

11:15-20 - grind up 1 cup of oats, mix with 2 cups 1% milk 2 scoops whey 750 cals

12:15-12:30 - down 5 uni-livers and head tot he gym

*1 hour workout*

1:15-1:30 - PWO - 3 scoops Xtend, 3 scoops bulk bcaa, 5g creatine, 3g BA(sometimes mix with dextrose or wms, lately though, neither)

2:00 - grind up 1 cup of oats, mix with 2 cups 1% milk 2 scoops whey 750 cals

How is that looking to you guys? I work 2nd shift and don't really have any other time to WO. I've been seeing some good results, but just looking for an outside opinion. Add? Remove anything?

Lately I have been skipping the high gi carbs pre and post. Pre I don't like the quick shock of inuline in the morning. I just don't feel natural. Post, it's not really a bother, but don't like assploding my pancreas.

Thoughts? Advice?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.

No input eh? I guess that means my pre/post wo nutrition is solid!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.

I just don't feel natural.
    Thats probably because pretty much everything in your diet is artificial. I personally think you should drop alot of the suppliments and start adding more real food in place of them. You do not HAVE to use processed macronutrient replacements like whey protein or dextrose/maltodextrin. At best these are inferior substitutes for whole food. At worst they are empty calorie junk foods. If you want to have some junk food in there fine, but call it like it is. Not to mention the potential health risk you're endangering yourself with... too much of these suppliments can DESTROY some of you're vital organs.. especially your kidneys. It may help you acheive results fast, but it can have disaterous consequences down the road... like most things in life that give you an instant satisfaction.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nsbfl1987 View Post
    Thats probably because pretty much everything in your diet is artificial. I personally think you should drop alot of the suppliments and start adding more real food in place of them. You do not HAVE to use processed macronutrient replacements like whey protein or dextrose/maltodextrin. At best these are inferior substitutes for whole food. At worst they are empty calorie junk foods. If you want to have some junk food in there fine, but call it like it is. Not to mention the potential health risk you're endangering yourself with... too much of these suppliments can DESTROY some of you're vital organs.. especially your kidneys. It may help you acheive results fast, but it can have disaterous consequences down the road... like most things in life that give you an instant satisfaction.
    You've pretty much taken that sentence out of context...

I don't use them(dex/wms) as a food/energy source. I use them as a delivery system. Junk food or not...

Also, as stated. I drink shakes w/oats because I'm on a time constraint and do not have time to cook/eat full meals. Oats and Milk are about as real as you can get. This is just my pre/post nutrition. I have real meals throughout the day after this.

I'm mainly concerned about the timing of my sups, which IMO work well for me and are known for working well others. But I'm not sure if I could time them better or switch it to after my shake. But last I heard, BCAAs are best taken on an empty stomach.

I used to make hash browns and eggs prewo. But I got tired of choking them down in order to make it to the gym on time. With the shakes, I find I have the same amount of energy in the gym and more time for it to digest before wo. So I haven't looked back.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 08:41 AM
  2. Critique
    By TheeBC in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 06:10 AM
  3. Critique?
    By imprezzion in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 02:37 PM
  4. critique please