anabolic diet question
- 10-17-2008, 12:48 AM
- 10-17-2008, 02:21 AM
10-17-2008, 03:52 AM
Some people have a preference to go longer times without carbloads. Which essentially gives more time in uninterrupted ketosis, which is more time burning fat. The other reason is, the longer you are in ketosis the deeper into the state you go into. Your brain gradually requires less glucose the longer that you are in ketosis.
The book that Calidood is talking about is the Anabolic Diet by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale.
10-17-2008, 07:11 AM
In the most current version of the plan Mauro is quoted as such:
So now 12 days is what he recommends beginning with."5 days is enough –as shown in recent research.•12 days is better."
10-17-2008, 08:02 AM
5 days would do it, but I like the extended low carb period. I would go with 12 days. At 12 days you'll probably see visible results if you're lean enough to begin with. 5 days, not so much.
10-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I say 10-12 days for the first low carb (ketosis) portion. After the first re-feed. Then 5-6 days in ketosis is good.
10-17-2008, 01:01 PM
10-17-2008, 01:02 PM
10-17-2008, 01:06 PM
10-19-2008, 03:50 AM
10-19-2008, 05:38 AM
10-19-2008, 05:39 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By punxweb in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 15Last Post: 09-19-2009, 11:10 AM
- By punxweb in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2009, 12:41 PM
- By QuincyRed in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 03-11-2009, 12:46 AM
- By TNASTYII in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 67Last Post: 05-11-2008, 01:06 PM
- By KSMA in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 02-16-2008, 03:12 PM