anabolic diet question

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
I've heard people talking about a 12 day no carb phase at the beginning of the diet. This isn't mentioned in the book at all. The book basically makes it seem like you just start off the 5 day fat/protein and 2 day carb load right away. Any info on this?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
I've heard people talking about a 12 day no carb phase at the beginning of the diet. This isn't mentioned in the book at all. The book basically makes it seem like you just start off the 5 day fat/protein and 2 day carb load right away. Any info on this?
Which book is this? If you give me a few hours, I'll give you the page # from "Metabolic Diet."

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Some people have a preference to go longer times without carbloads. Which essentially gives more time in uninterrupted ketosis, which is more time burning fat. The other reason is, the longer you are in ketosis the deeper into the state you go into. Your brain gradually requires less glucose the longer that you are in ketosis.

The book that Calidood is talking about is the Anabolic Diet by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
In the original book 5 days is all you start out with. Dr. Di Pasquale loosened up on this partly due to some good arguments put forth by guys like Rob Fagin.

In the most current version of the plan Mauro is quoted as such:
"5 days is enough –as shown in recent research.•12 days is better."
So now 12 days is what he recommends beginning with.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
5 days would do it, but I like the extended low carb period. I would go with 12 days. At 12 days you'll probably see visible results if you're lean enough to begin with. 5 days, not so much.

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
I say 10-12 days for the first low carb (ketosis) portion. After the first re-feed. Then 5-6 days in ketosis is good.

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
Which book is this? If you give me a few hours, I'll give you the page # from "Metabolic Diet."
It's from the anabolic diet. Same author, different book. Has anybody read both? How similar are these books?

calidood

calidood

Awards
  • Established
In the original book 5 days is all you start out with. Dr. Di Pasquale loosened up on this partly due to some good arguments put forth by guys like Rob Fagin.

In the most current version of the plan Mauro is quoted as such:

So now 12 days is what he recommends beginning with.
What do you mean the most recent version? Does that mean the metabolic diet?

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean the most recent version? Does that mean the metabolic diet?

From what i'm aware of the books came in this order

Anabolic Diet
Metabolic Diet (Which was an update to AD)
Anabolic Solution BB and PL (which was a reprisal and update of AD)

They are all fundamentally the same thing.

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
From what i'm aware of the books came in this order

Anabolic Diet
Metabolic Diet (Which was an update to AD)
Anabolic Solution BB and PL (which was a reprisal and update of AD)

They are all fundamentally the same thing.

Correct. Differences are slight.