Bagels

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Would bagels be ok for a main source of carbs some days? Theres not that much sugar in them. i've been eating quite a lot of them lately if i'm working. its easier than cooking up some pasta and taking it with me.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
oooh they look nice! cheers

I did see some healthy option ones in the supermarket. I bought them tasty looking ones, hey i'm bulking :D

bloodline26

bloodline26

Awards
Bottom line, try gettin up early and carb load for the entire day when you eat breakfast at home. Try sweet potatoes, theyll keep your metabolism up ALL day. Also, grits, they have no starch, but are good source of complex carbs, they also will keep your metabolism up ALL day. I wouldnt eat carbs at all during the day, unless you are getting headaches.

This diet timing is more for a "cutting" stage. So if your not into loosin body fat right now, try somethin else

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Only if you want to resemble your board name.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When I used to have trouble gaining weight my DR put me on a milkshake and bagel diet. So unless you want to add a good deal of fat on I don't recommend bagels.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Cheers for the replies guys!

Looks like i'll be searching for another source for my carbs. Pasta and potatoes are usually my main source and oats in my shakes. I turned to bagels as it was a quick and easy way when at work

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can cook the oats you know ;) I'm a big porridge fan lol. But bagels aren't bad in any sense. If you get a healthy one, and enjoy it, by all means I'd say eat it. Don't go crazy, but it's not like you're bulking up on donuts or pizza!

Carrots are in season. Go buy a few 10lb bags. Peel 5 lb's at once, and take the sticks with you in a plastic baggy. Very filling though lol. This is better for a cut.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
You can cook the oats you know ;) I'm a big porridge fan lol. But bagels aren't bad in any sense. If you get a healthy one, and enjoy it, by all means I'd say eat it. Don't go crazy, but it's not like you're bulking up on donuts or pizza!

Carrots are in season. Go buy a few 10lb bags. Peel 5 lb's at once, and take the sticks with you in a plastic baggy. Very filling though lol. This is better for a cut.
i don't like them when there cooked much. i'll look into some recipes to make them taste nice!

DamirK

Awards
Cheers for the replies guys!

Looks like i'll be searching for another source for my carbs. Pasta and potatoes are usually my main source and oats in my shakes. I turned to bagels as it was a quick and easy way when at work

you dont necessarily have to. I buy whole wheat bagels and they are a good source of complex carbs. at 140 cal. 1g of fat 25g of carbs. and 13g of protein you cant go wrong with a egg and bagel sandwich in the morning

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
FWIW- when bobo used to do diets, whole grain/whole wheat bagels where a main carb source. I used to live on Thomas Whole Wheat
bagels.

Thomas whole wheat bagel, FF spray butter, splenda/cinnamon, toast face down in a pan, cover with sugar free log cabin maple syrup, and you got yourself a tasty, low GI carb meal.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I need to get some bagels! my new george foreman is waiting to toast them! Might try some scrambled eggs on top :D

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I eat the Thomas brand as well, but I do not eat the healthy ones. I will have to see if I like the taste as I am partial to bagels in the first place. Funny thing is I can't find the label on their site. Weird. I will continue to look.

Here it is... Not as horrible as I thought.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
These are the ones i used to eat..

Also these english muffins

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How is sugar free maple syrup? Ive grown up on the real stuff that we make, but I was tempted to buy it when I saw it in a US supermarket.
I like it..

When u are dieting, and eating bland, and tasteless foods, it is awesome..lol

If you are some sort of syrup connoisseur it will probably not be your favorite thing.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like it..

When u are dieting, and eating bland, and tasteless foods, it is awesome..lol

If you are some sort of syrup connoisseur it will probably not be your favorite thing.
The sugar free syrup is better than having no syrup at all, that's for sure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mikespe Nutrition / Health 9
Whacked Recipes 7
Jay Keezy Bulking 24
Recipes 12