Bagels

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Bagels

Would bagels be ok for a main source of carbs some days? Theres not that much sugar in them. i've been eating quite a lot of them lately if i'm working. its easier than cooking up some pasta and taking it with me.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

2. Registered User

Healthy Hemp™ Bagels | French Meadow Bakery: Organic Bakery Products > Yeast Free | Products

I wouldnt eat any "normal" bagels, they're mostly simple carbohydrates. if your going to eat bagels try and find these, ezekial, or something similar.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

oooh they look nice! cheers

I did see some healthy option ones in the supermarket. I bought them tasty looking ones, hey i'm bulking
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  275 lbs.

Bottom line, try gettin up early and carb load for the entire day when you eat breakfast at home. Try sweet potatoes, theyll keep your metabolism up ALL day. Also, grits, they have no starch, but are good source of complex carbs, they also will keep your metabolism up ALL day. I wouldnt eat carbs at all during the day, unless you are getting headaches.

This diet timing is more for a "cutting" stage. So if your not into loosin body fat right now, try somethin else
  5. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Only if you want to resemble your board name.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.

When I used to have trouble gaining weight my DR put me on a milkshake and bagel diet. So unless you want to add a good deal of fat on I don't recommend bagels.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Cheers for the replies guys!

Looks like i'll be searching for another source for my carbs. Pasta and potatoes are usually my main source and oats in my shakes. I turned to bagels as it was a quick and easy way when at work
  8. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

You can cook the oats you know I'm a big porridge fan lol. But bagels aren't bad in any sense. If you get a healthy one, and enjoy it, by all means I'd say eat it. Don't go crazy, but it's not like you're bulking up on donuts or pizza!

Carrots are in season. Go buy a few 10lb bags. Peel 5 lb's at once, and take the sticks with you in a plastic baggy. Very filling though lol. This is better for a cut.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    You can cook the oats you know I'm a big porridge fan lol. But bagels aren't bad in any sense. If you get a healthy one, and enjoy it, by all means I'd say eat it. Don't go crazy, but it's not like you're bulking up on donuts or pizza!

Carrots are in season. Go buy a few 10lb bags. Peel 5 lb's at once, and take the sticks with you in a plastic baggy. Very filling though lol. This is better for a cut.
    i don't like them when there cooked much. i'll look into some recipes to make them taste nice!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Cheers for the replies guys!

Looks like i'll be searching for another source for my carbs. Pasta and potatoes are usually my main source and oats in my shakes. I turned to bagels as it was a quick and easy way when at work

you dont necessarily have to. I buy whole wheat bagels and they are a good source of complex carbs. at 140 cal. 1g of fat 25g of carbs. and 13g of protein you cant go wrong with a egg and bagel sandwich in the morning
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

FWIW- when bobo used to do diets, whole grain/whole wheat bagels where a main carb source. I used to live on Thomas Whole Wheat
    bagels.

Thomas whole wheat bagel, FF spray butter, splenda/cinnamon, toast face down in a pan, cover with sugar free log cabin maple syrup, and you got yourself a tasty, low GI carb meal.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

I need to get some bagels! my new george foreman is waiting to toast them! Might try some scrambled eggs on top
  13. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

I eat the Thomas brand as well, but I do not eat the healthy ones. I will have to see if I like the taste as I am partial to bagels in the first place. Funny thing is I can't find the label on their site. Weird. I will continue to look.

Here it is... Not as horrible as I thought.

14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

These are the ones i used to eat..

Also these english muffins
  15. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

How is sugar free maple syrup? Ive grown up on the real stuff that we make, but I was tempted to buy it when I saw it in a US supermarket.
  16. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

How is sugar free maple syrup? Ive grown up on the real stuff that we make, but I was tempted to buy it when I saw it in a US supermarket.
    I like it..

When u are dieting, and eating bland, and tasteless foods, it is awesome..lol

If you are some sort of syrup connoisseur it will probably not be your favorite thing.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    I like it..

When u are dieting, and eating bland, and tasteless foods, it is awesome..lol

If you are some sort of syrup connoisseur it will probably not be your favorite thing.
    The sugar free syrup is better than having no syrup at all, that's for sure.
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

http://www.waldenfarms.com/pancake_syrup_packets.htm

Walden Farms FTW.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bagels??
    By Jay Keezy in forum Bulking
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 11:11 AM
  2. Bagels!
    By Mars1107 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 08:33 AM