Awards
  • Established
simple carb or complex carb..? im getting mixed reveiws

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
carb complexity is not a good characteristic for judging carbs. Bananas are a good whole food.

BiggerGeek

Awards
I can't buy bananas. They taste too good. I will just keep eating them till they are gone.... I have no will power when the food is in my line of sight.

Too much of a good thing can definitely be bad. Keep in mind you are getting about 10 grams of fructose from each medium banana. So unless it is PWO, PreWO or in the morning, bananas should be limited. Especially if you already eat a lot of carbs.

Speaking of bananas, did you hear they genetically engineered a new extra long banana. They are calling it the bananana.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I love them....but they ruin my workouts...

I did some tests, when I eat bananas, i am weak for my workouts... and i fatigue easy...weird...but true.

BiggerGeek

Awards

I did some tests, when I eat bananas, i am weak for my workouts... and i fatigue easy...weird...but true.
I don't know what to make of that....:confused:

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I ate a bannas 5mins before i worked out today and i was beat. i couldnt finsh my workout . my plan was to do a full quad work out.. at least 90mins of pain.. instead i did only did squats and DB-SLDL

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Insulin is a central nervous system depressant.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
well I found out either I have an slight llergy to it, or too much potassium as is.... either way, it leaves me unable to workout, it was like a 3 week test I did... I am pretty sure of the repeatable results.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
plantains are pretty gross raw.
Can you even eat them raw?

I find bananas are good after workouts for cramps especially when you do something semi-strenuous later on during the day like a game of b-ball or volleyball.

bloodline26

bloodline26

Awards
Potassium Stix a.k.a bannanas, will deplete the salt content in your system. They are great if you find yourself cramping alot, or getting headaches. Dont eat up to 6 hours before a workout. The salt depletion in your body will cause your body to get it's sodium from the food you eat, a.k.a you'll get tired more quickly because your metabolism is sky rocketed.

Bottom line. They are healthy. Research benny's of potassium, its good sh*t.