alcohol

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

alcohol

I wanna say a few things to all of you AM readers out there. A while back ago I posted about binge eating while smoking pot, and the effects on my body. I received some heavy (justified) criticism for putting self-indulgence in front of my body, went cold turkey on it, and started a cutting phase (it's been a few weeks) I also took advantage of the opportunity and stopped drinking alcohol completely, something that I'm used to heavily enjoying at least once a week at a good party (college!) Until today it's been working great for me, I can finally see a six pack forming, and I got you guys and this great site to thank for a lot of the info.

To get to the point, today I went to lovefest at SF with a good friend of mine and we decided it would be a fun time to take a break from my cut for the day so I don't get sick of cutting. What ended up happening was me getting sick, but from alcohol. On the way there I gulped down some pretty mighty gulps of Ketel One, thinking that since I can usually hold my own very well I will need lots to get drunk. After being at Lovefest for about ten minutes, I simply fell to the floor, passed out cold, only to wake up every ten minutes by my friend who was helping me puke. It was honestly one of the most embarassing, nauseaus, crazy, ****tiest day of my life. All I remember is getting to Lovefest, passing out, and then somehow waking up six hours later on the train back home.

If you've read this far already, I just want to let you all know that I am done doing that! I need to learn my lesson, and today was a great one. From now on I am going to use my motivation to avoid these kind of things by focusing on my body, and not on the effects of a liquid. For all you youngsters (or oldies) out there who drink, enjoy it, but be very careful and know the possible effects of this drug. Learn from my story and countless of other stories that I'm sure you have heard before or experienced. It's not worth it!

Just thought I'd let you guys know.. thanks for reading

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.55%

Sorry to eat about that bad time there it is common that once your body adjusts to something drasticly changing (for better or worse) can really upset things.

Thanks for a great write up maybe some can learn from this and see just how much a person can change if they want to!

Most enjoy a drink here or there and try to stay away from things they know slow down their progress. It is great that you have taken the time to control your habits and step forward about it!
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I barfed on the check out counter of a perkins at about 315 this morning...
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

nono foshono
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

That's why you should practise drinking every day. It builds up your tolerance and saves embarrassing moments like this.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.93%

A while back ago I posted about binge eating while smoking pot, and the effects on my body. I received some heavy (justified) criticism
    awesome
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  266 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I barfed on the check out counter of a perkins at about 315 this morning...
    Awesome. I had my birthday the weekend before last, and managed to not only destroy both bathrooms in my buddy's house, but also managed to puke directly on one of my friends who had flown in to drink with us.

Ah, good times.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%

Quote Originally Posted by striking View Post
    Sorry to eat about that bad time there it is common that once your body adjusts to something drasticly changing (for better or worse) can really upset things.

Thanks for a great write up maybe some can learn from this and see just how much a person can change if they want to!

Most enjoy a drink here or there and try to stay away from things they know slow down their progress. It is great that you have taken the time to control your habits and step forward about it!
    Thanks striking, I am definitely not intending to sound like a preacher for everyone that likes to enjoy alcohol responsibly. But responsibility is the key word here, and yesterday was far from that. I'm not going to quit drinking altogether, because that will just prove that I am powerless over it, which I know I'm not. I am just going to take it easy from now on, and drink moderately, especially since I'm not drinking often these days.

Also, just wanted to let you guys know that I did some research on blackouts today, and found out that they're influenced more by the speed of consumption than the actual amount. (makes sense, I had about 12 shots in ten minutes) So if you guys are going to drink anyway, at least make sure that you do it slowly, and wait until each shot hits you because it can take a while. It's sort of like eating slowly when you're on a cut, because it takes a while for the food to settle and you might be fuller than you think. (good application, right?)

Anyway, I think my liver is in pain, but at least my hangover is over. I drank a lot of natty orange juice today, as well as a sh**load of water throughout the day combined with several vitamins. Usually does the trick.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.34%

Sounds good man. I know where you're coming from. I used to drink all the time in college. I kind of drifted away from it when I didn't drink as often and each time I just ended up getting way too drunk and feeling like crap the next day. I do not believe alcohol and weight lifting mix. If you take it seriously that is. Then again....everything in moderation.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alcohol
    By zombiemuscle in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2010, 11:32 AM
  2. Nolvadex suspended in Alcohol or any form of alcohol in it?
    By schwellington in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 03:15 PM
  3. alcohol
    By deadlift18 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
  4. Alcohol
    By TheKashi in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 06:56 AM
  5. Alcohol and S.E.R.Ms