feeling weak

hopeful

Awards
Hello i have a problem with feeling weak after i workout, i take supercharge as a pre-workout, and when i take 2 scoops, i sometime feel really rundown....i know obviously, don't take 2 scoops anymore..but, is this even a side effect of the supercharge???my diet is good plenty of protein lots of water....think maybe i should try another pre-workout??any suggestions? thanks for all the help in advance...

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
try a intra workout drink containing carbs. this helps me. Is your pre-workout nutrition solid??

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
awww..the old 'crash'. chances are you are too low in cals and tried to begin with. i'd throw in some more rest and daily cals...as mentioned intra work out carbs are great too, i personally like 60g WMS with my preworkout. get'em down just before warm up sets.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
awww..the old 'crash'. chances are you are too low in cals and tried to begin with. i'd throw in some more rest and daily cals...as mentioned intra work out carbs are great too, i personally like 60g WMS with my preworkout. get'em down just before warm up sets.
Hmm...I might need to try that. Drink it immediatly before. I've been drinking my waxymaize about 45 mins before my workout and I end up getting really hungry and tired halfway.

hopeful

Awards
how many daily calories
Usually around 3400....I also work a swing shift always switching from days to nights...i think that may come into play as well.....eating/sleeping always rotating i think it's time for a new job.....i consumed 3500 calories 2 days ago.....been about a week on new diet...cause hurricane ike knocked out our power for like 9 days which sucks....you can only eat so much peanut butter/almonds/tuna fish all day for so long....had to drive 3 hours away just to get some chicken to barbecue.....

hopeful

Awards
try a intra workout drink containing carbs. this helps me. Is your pre-workout nutrition solid??

i eat 6x a day still working on balancing it out throughout the day though who makes "intra" most supp. stors have it??

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
i eat 6x a day still working on balancing it out throughout the day though who makes "intra" most supp. stors have it??
Yeah,I feel you,balancing it out can be very difficult.
It's not a supplement. Intra means during your workout. You can toss a gatorade back or make your own. Some people like just carbs and some people prefer protein and carbs. A far as what type of carb you want,that's all personal preference.

hopeful

Awards
Yeah,I feel you,balancing it out can be very difficult.
It's not a supplement. Intra means during your workout. You can toss a gatorade back or make your own. Some people like just carbs and some people prefer protein and carbs. A far as what type of carb you want,that's all personal preference.

oh i c....well i think i am going to go buy some true mass tommorow when i get off...appreciate the info

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
Have to tried to workout without supercharge to see if the same thing happens?

hopeful

Awards
Have to tried to workout without supercharge to see if the same thing happens?
yeah i didn't notice feeling so bad....i work swing shift..and am currently on night shift then on friday i go to days til sunday and then 3 night starting monday...i think this has a lot to do.....i still try to workout 5x a week

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
Ouch that is a killer working hours.

To me is sounds like your body is tired and wants a little more rest. It is possible that a prework is stressing your body that much more that it crashes afterwards.

Like others have said carbs during the workout can help but if you think you are taking in enough kclas during the day I would think this would not cause such a huge crash.

I would vote for strange sleep cycle and added stress

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
try cutting back how days you workout per week as well. Insufficient rest + 5day split can be pretty draining. You gotta lift only as often as your body is capable of recovering from, and a routine sleep cycle and schedule is a large determiner of recovery.
You're not a professional bb'er, your life is not built around your workout schedule, with stress, diet and rest adjusted to enable you to pound the weight all week long.

Try cutting back to 3 workouts per week, try intra-workout carbs (I like mine with BCAAs personally), and try eating more produce - greater consumption of vitamins, minerals and alkalizing agents always helps.

hopeful

Awards
try cutting back how days you workout per week as well. Insufficient rest + 5day split can be pretty draining. You gotta lift only as often as your body is capable of recovering from, and a routine sleep cycle and schedule is a large determiner of recovery.
You're not a professional bb'er, your life is not built around your workout schedule, with stress, diet and rest adjusted to enable you to pound the weight all week long.

Try cutting back to 3 workouts per week, try intra-workout carbs (I like mine with BCAAs personally), and try eating more produce - greater consumption of vitamins, minerals and alkalizing agents always helps.

sounds good...now i got the flu lol....i don't think god wants me to workout..:sick:

hopeful

Awards

what the heck is reputation and how do you get it??? i have like 10 and that sux...what do i need to do in order to get reputation.....just post more???

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sometimes you gotta take it easy, especially if you're ill. Taking time off from lifting can really help refresh you too, so that when you do return to the gym, you're mind and body are ready to hit it harder than ever. Personally I'll take a week-10days off every 3months.

As for reputation, it is your evaluation by your peers - if they like something you post they can "rep" you to increase your reputation by clicking on the scale at the bottom below your avatar.