apples

  1. apples


    my wife came up with a recipe where you core the middle out of apples and stuff with sausage. we cored enough apples to use a pound of sausage and baked them. when we took them out there was no fat in the pan and the sausage tasted fat free. the apples on the other hand were saturated in fat. now just wondering if you ate an apple after consuming a fatty meal would the apple have the same effect?
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    my wife came up with a recipe where you core the middle out of apples and stuff with sausage. we cored enough apples to use a pound of sausage and baked them. when we took them out there was no fat in the pan and the sausage tasted fat free. the apples on the other hand were saturated in fat. now just wondering if you ate an apple after consuming a fatty meal would the apple have the same effect?
    Even if it did. It would still be in your gut...I think...not sure though. If that was true then people could eat an apple after McDonalds and loose weight. ha
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Even if it did. It would still be in your gut...I think...not sure though. If that was true then people could eat an apple after McDonalds and loose weight. ha
    if the apple absorbed the fat, it would come out when you took a dump. not talking about miracles, but every little bit counts.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  4. Very interesting...

  5. I wouldn't bet on it.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    if the apple absorbed the fat, it would come out when you took a dump. not talking about miracles, but every little bit counts.
    What? no. You WILL digest the apple and it's fat content...

    If I eat a burger and let it sit there, eat it 1 daty after, the fat will be in the bread. Doesn't mean it's better....


    You ate:

    1 apple
    Some sausages.

    Just eat an apple. Quite simple...

  7. On the other hand... an apple stuffed with cheese and melted is scrumptious! AND you know exactly where the fat is.

  8. an apple contains fiber. there is a reason for the saying 'an apple a day will keep the doctor away'. before you are so quick to condemn, try the cored apple, sausage thing for yourself. haha, it's fun to poke fun at new ideas. at the very least eating apples won't harm you.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  9. I think you have a sausage fetish.

  10. ok, i was just trying to pass on something i thought might be useful, guess i was wrong. sorry to have wasted you're time.
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    ok, i was just trying to pass on something i thought might be useful, guess i was wrong. sorry to have wasted you're time.
    It's all good. We're just giving you the gears. You gotta admit, sticking your sausage in an apple makes for good conversation...
  12. Lightbulb


    You will still absorb the fat from the sausage, however you probably won't feel as bad when you do so.

    The pectin in the apple will buffer the stomach acid that normally makes you feel like sh*t when you eat something fatty like sausage. That's why I enjoy an apple (or two) at the end of my meals, especially fatty ones!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Chicken-Apple Pita
    By natedogg in forum Recipes
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 03:01 PM
  2. Apple and Nut Salmon and salad
    By CDB in forum Recipes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 01:02 AM
  3. Big Unit in the Big Apple
    By David Dunn in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 08:06 PM
  4. apple diet
    By Imsleepinmonkey in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Log in
Log in