apples - AnabolicMinds.com

apples

1. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

apples

my wife came up with a recipe where you core the middle out of apples and stuff with sausage. we cored enough apples to use a pound of sausage and baked them. when we took them out there was no fat in the pan and the sausage tasted fat free. the apples on the other hand were saturated in fat. now just wondering if you ate an apple after consuming a fatty meal would the apple have the same effect?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    my wife came up with a recipe where you core the middle out of apples and stuff with sausage. we cored enough apples to use a pound of sausage and baked them. when we took them out there was no fat in the pan and the sausage tasted fat free. the apples on the other hand were saturated in fat. now just wondering if you ate an apple after consuming a fatty meal would the apple have the same effect?
    Even if it did. It would still be in your gut...I think...not sure though. If that was true then people could eat an apple after McDonalds and loose weight. ha
  3. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Even if it did. It would still be in your gut...I think...not sure though. If that was true then people could eat an apple after McDonalds and loose weight. ha
    if the apple absorbed the fat, it would come out when you took a dump. not talking about miracles, but every little bit counts.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Very interesting...
  5. Board Supporter

I wouldn't bet on it.
  6. Registered User

Reputation Reputation

if the apple absorbed the fat, it would come out when you took a dump. not talking about miracles, but every little bit counts.
    What? no. You WILL digest the apple and it's fat content...

If I eat a burger and let it sit there, eat it 1 daty after, the fat will be in the bread. Doesn't mean it's better....

You ate:

1 apple
    Some sausages.

Just eat an apple. Quite simple...
  7. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

On the other hand... an apple stuffed with cheese and melted is scrumptious! AND you know exactly where the fat is.
  8. Registered User

Reputation Reputation

Lol
  9. Diamond Member

an apple contains fiber. there is a reason for the saying 'an apple a day will keep the doctor away'. before you are so quick to condemn, try the cored apple, sausage thing for yourself. haha, it's fun to poke fun at new ideas. at the very least eating apples won't harm you.
  10. Board Supporter

I think you have a sausage fetish.
  11. Diamond Member

ok, i was just trying to pass on something i thought might be useful, guess i was wrong. sorry to have wasted you're time.
  12. Board Supporter

ok, i was just trying to pass on something i thought might be useful, guess i was wrong. sorry to have wasted you're time.
    It's all good. We're just giving you the gears. You gotta admit, sticking your sausage in an apple makes for good conversation...
  13. New Member

Lightbulb

You will still absorb the fat from the sausage, however you probably won't feel as bad when you do so.

The pectin in the apple will buffer the stomach acid that normally makes you feel like sh*t when you eat something fatty like sausage. That's why I enjoy an apple (or two) at the end of my meals, especially fatty ones!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Apples versus Oranges.....Again!!
    By thundergod in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 09:12 PM
  2. The Benefits of Apples & Apple Pectin
    By dadream in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 05:34 PM
  3. Granola with raisins, apples and cinnamon
    By yeahright in forum Recipes