Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my wife came up with a recipe where you core the middle out of apples and stuff with sausage. we cored enough apples to use a pound of sausage and baked them. when we took them out there was no fat in the pan and the sausage tasted fat free. the apples on the other hand were saturated in fat. now just wondering if you ate an apple after consuming a fatty meal would the apple have the same effect?

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
my wife came up with a recipe where you core the middle out of apples and stuff with sausage. we cored enough apples to use a pound of sausage and baked them. when we took them out there was no fat in the pan and the sausage tasted fat free. the apples on the other hand were saturated in fat. now just wondering if you ate an apple after consuming a fatty meal would the apple have the same effect?
Even if it did. It would still be in your gut...I think...not sure though. If that was true then people could eat an apple after McDonalds and loose weight. ha

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Even if it did. It would still be in your gut...I think...not sure though. If that was true then people could eat an apple after McDonalds and loose weight. ha
if the apple absorbed the fat, it would come out when you took a dump. not talking about miracles, but every little bit counts.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
if the apple absorbed the fat, it would come out when you took a dump. not talking about miracles, but every little bit counts.
What? no. You WILL digest the apple and it's fat content...

If I eat a burger and let it sit there, eat it 1 daty after, the fat will be in the bread. Doesn't mean it's better....

You ate:

1 apple
Some sausages.

Just eat an apple. Quite simple...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
an apple contains fiber. there is a reason for the saying 'an apple a day will keep the doctor away'. before you are so quick to condemn, try the cored apple, sausage thing for yourself. haha, it's fun to poke fun at new ideas. at the very least eating apples won't harm you.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok, i was just trying to pass on something i thought might be useful, guess i was wrong. sorry to have wasted you're time.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ok, i was just trying to pass on something i thought might be useful, guess i was wrong. sorry to have wasted you're time.
It's all good. We're just giving you the gears. You gotta admit, sticking your sausage in an apple makes for good conversation... :fart:

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
You will still absorb the fat from the sausage, however you probably won't feel as bad when you do so.

The pectin in the apple will buffer the stomach acid that normally makes you feel like sh*t when you eat something fatty like sausage. That's why I enjoy an apple (or two) at the end of my meals, especially fatty ones!