V8 Juice

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Two full services on veggies? Anyone consider this stuff a staple in their nutrition? I know its better to eat solid food but veggies is probably what i lack most

50 cents a can, 2 servings of veggies and the ability to chug and gag this **** down... this could work for me ha

what u guys think?

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It is really high in sodium, it lacks the fiber that regular veggies have and the veggies are most likely cooked before being made into juice, therefore the veggies lose a lot of their original potency. It would be way better to gag down raw carrots and broccoli- even eating them cooked would be better than having a V8.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
well there goes my hopes and dreams ha

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
sorry man! :( it's better than soda if that's any consolation! :D

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They make a low sodium version which still has a lot of potassium, which most Americans get less than they need.

Rare grass fed beef has ALL the vitmains, minerals, nutrients your body needs, it's healthier than any vegetable or fruit.

Only thing it does not have is Vitamin C.

If you have to drink something, drink low sodium V8 over soda.

I like the spicy V8 once in a while with some Vodka.

:smite:

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
real tomato juice is good, I dont drink things made from concentrate so i stay away from V8.

walugi

walugi

Awards
concentrate is the nastiest thing, I don't know who even likes to drink that shat.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rare grass fed beef has ALL the vitmains, minerals, nutrients your body needs, it's healthier than any vegetable or fruit.

Only thing it does not have is Vitamin C.

Unfortuneately, that's not accurate. Yes, grass fed beef is an EXCELLENT source of many of the things our bodies do require, but it does not contain many of the cancer-preventing, longevity-promoting antioxidants that fruits and vegetables provide.

You don't just need veggies for their minerals and vitamins, you need them for their phytonutrients as well - gotta keep that telomeric decay to a minimum! Yes, you could take antioxidants in pill form to replace your veggies somewhat, but bioavailability and absorption is by and large much higher with whole foods - i.e. veggies will do you more good than a pill. Also, you would have to take a LOT of antiox pills to replace a good diet loaded with fruits and veggies. Particularly if the consumer knows their stuff and eats foods with high ORAC values.

Additionally, beef has hardly been noted for its fiber content, as it doesn't have any. Fiber is necessary for proper digestion, giving mass against which the intestinal walls can contract. Also, fiber increases insulin sensitivity, something every natty bb'er wants to help keep off those extra pounds when bulking.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Unfortuneately, that's not accurate. Yes, grass fed beef is an EXCELLENT source of many of the things our bodies do require, but it does not contain many of the cancer-preventing, longevity-promoting antioxidants that fruits and vegetables provide.

You don't just need veggies for their minerals and vitamins, you need them for their phytonutrients as well - gotta keep that telomeric decay to a minimum! Yes, you could take antioxidants in pill form to replace your veggies somewhat, but bioavailability and absorption is by and large much higher with whole foods - i.e. veggies will do you more good than a pill. Also, you would have to take a LOT of antiox pills to replace a good diet loaded with fruits and veggies. Particularly if the consumer knows their stuff and eats foods with high ORAC values.

Additionally, beef has hardly been noted for its fiber content, as it doesn't have any. Fiber is necessary for proper digestion, giving mass against which the intestinal walls can contract. Also, fiber increases insulin sensitivity, something every natty bb'er wants to help keep off those extra pounds when bulking.
:goodpost:
I havent been able to stress this point enough here, cant just pop pills to replace proper eating and nutrition. However adding or supplementing a diet can prove useful in many situations but i just cant rationalize attempting to replace healthy eating with thourough supplementing, unless some condition limits it.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
supplementation can be very beneficial - I doubt I'd be a member of AM if I didn't think so. It, however, is ONLY "supplemental" - intended to be used in addition to preexisting beneficial diet.

Good posting yourself SWG :thumbsup:

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I disagree with everything you said in bold.

2nd and only post replied in this thread.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/101084-human-cvd-solely.html

Would carnosine or a carnivorous diet help suppress aging and associated pathologies?

* Hipkiss AR.

Centre for Experimental Therapeutics, William Harvey Research Institute, Barts' and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, UK. [email protected]

Carnosine (beta-alanyl-L-histidine) is found exclusively in animal tissues. Carnosine has the potential to suppress many of the biochemical changes (e.g., protein oxidation, glycation, AGE formation, and cross-linking) that accompany aging and associated pathologies. Glycation, generation of advanced glycosylation end-products (AGEs), and formation of protein carbonyl groups play important roles in aging, diabetes, its secondary complications, and neurodegenerative conditions. Due to carnosine's antiglycating activity, reactivity toward deleterious carbonyls, zinc- and copper-chelating activity and low toxicity, carnosine and related structures could be effective against age-related protein carbonyl stress. It is suggested that carnivorous diets could be beneficial because of their carnosine content, as the dipeptide has been shown to suppress some diabetic complications in mice. It is also suggested that carnosine's therapeutic potential should be explored with respect to neurodegeneration. Olfactory tissue is normally enriched in carnosine, but olfactory dysfunction is frequently associated with neurodegeneration. Olfactory administration of carnosine could provide a direct route to compromised tissue, avoiding serum carnosinases.

PMID: 16804013 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Dr. Kellogg, who is considered to be one of the people responsible for the fiber thing (after inventing cereal etc...) was a racist, pedophile, oh and....

Kellogg worked on the rehabilitation of masturbators, often employing extreme measures, even mutilation, on both sexes. In his Treatment for Self-Abuse and Its Effects, he wrote
“ A remedy for masturbation which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision. The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering an anesthetic, as the brief pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind, especially if it be connected with the idea of punishment. In females, the author has found the application of pure carbolic acid [phenol] to the clitoris an excellent means of allaying the abnormal excitement. ”

He also recommended, to prevent children from this "solitary vice", bandaging or tying their hands, covering their genitals with patented cages, sewing the foreskin shut, and electrical shock.[13]
John Harvey Kellogg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And more.....

Junkscience.com -- The Tail End of the Fiber Myth

And more....

Top Ten Nutritional Myths, Distortions and Lies That Will Destroy Your Health.

:smite:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good Post Omen. Unfortunately, Carnosine is only one of many antioxidants, and as an un-acetylated species it is my understanding that its bioavailability is severely limited. It is a beneficial substance, though definitely; carnitine is something I recommend to my whole family because Alzheimers runs in my gene pool.

It, however, does not replace the myriad of other amazing substances (such as Lutein or Zeaxanthin for example) found in veggies like kale or fruits like blueberries. You yourself even said that grass fed beef doesn't contain vitC - that right there is a prime example of what I mean.

As for fiber, it is unfortunate that Dr. Kellogg was so horrible a person, but that does not negate the fact that fiber IS beneficial to digestion and does improve insulin resistance. All the Dr. Kellogg being horrible proves is that he's horrible.

But don't get me wrong here, Omen - I have seen many great posts from you around the forum and I respect your opinion, so please don't take any of this personally. I just do not see grass fed beef as the panacea that you do.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good Post Omen. Unfortunately, Carnosine is only one of many antioxidants, and as an un-acetylated species it is my understanding that its bioavailability is severely limited. It is a beneficial substance, though definitely; carnitine is something I recommend to my whole family because Alzheimers runs in my gene pool.

It, however, does not replace the myriad of other amazing substances (such as Lutein or Zeaxanthin for example) found in veggies like kale or fruits like blueberries. You yourself even said that grass fed beef doesn't contain vitC - that right there is a prime example of what I mean.

As for fiber, it is unfortunate that Dr. Kellogg was so horrible a person, but that does not negate the fact that fiber IS beneficial to digestion and does improve insulin resistance. All the Dr. Kellogg being horrible proves is that he's horrible.

But don't get me wrong here, Omen - I have seen many great posts from you around the forum and I respect your opinion, so please don't take any of this personally. I just do not see grass fed beef as the panacea that you do.
I switched back to a carnivorous diet now, with IF, only plant is onion, 1 tsp with cooking sometimes, that's it.

My energy levels are great, sleep, less hypersexuality, more focus, no constipation (Vit C, ZMA, water and 80% calories from fat all help), fat loss without even trying (going for 7-8% this time), no stomach pains, no hunger even though I eat one meal a day.

A Carnivorous diet works perfect for me, I'm not saying fruits and vegetables are necessarily bad, but compared to the wild versions they are, more sugar, less vitamins, pesticides, etc....

Plus, the studies saying that they're "essential" are taken way out of context.......to each his own! :hammer:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
some fruits and veggies should be eaten only if organic, others seem to be fine either way as far as the pesticides go. And I wholeheartedly agree that mass grown crops do deteriorate in nutritive value.

I also understand that no carb is truly "essential", i.e. you can survive without ingesting any form of carbohydrate, but I also feel that the benefits of other substances in some veggies and fruits makes them worth eating, especially fibrous veggies as their effect on blood sugar is minimal and their nutritive value extensive.

Thanks for the reasonable exchange of ideas and good luck with your diet - are you logging that by chance?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
some fruits and veggies should be eaten only if organic, others seem to be fine either way as far as the pesticides go. And I wholeheartedly agree that mass grown crops do deteriorate in nutritive value.

I also understand that no carb is truly "essential", i.e. you can survive without ingesting any form of carbohydrate, but I also feel that the benefits of other substances in some veggies and fruits makes them worth eating, especially fibrous veggies as their effect on blood sugar is minimal and their nutritive value extensive.

Thanks for the reasonable exchange of ideas and good luck with your diet - are you logging that by chance?
If they're helping you out, no reason to stop eating them, they hinder me however.

Nah, not logging my diet, too much commitment to write...:hammer:

:goodpost:

Johnnywalts

Awards
The soda is better then. and i also prefer a fruit and low fat (organic) food, include water also.