who has a food scale

1. who has a food scale

Any opinions on which one is best? I'm in need of one rather quickly. I'll order online if I have to but I'd rather be able to grab one from a store.

thanks

2. wal-mart 20 buks
    •   

3. got mine from a friend after she left weight-watchers...
    been thinking about getting a new one...
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

4. Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyred666 View Post
    wal-mart 20 buks
    $20? I think mine was like $6...get a cheap one...we're not measuring drugs here.

...or are we?

5. mines a digi and i use it for all sorts of things

6. and it was 20 buks free 4 me bekuz im harcore and stoll it like a g

7. I got a Salter 1450 Nutritional Computer thing myself. It is a lot more expensive than something that just weighs, but it also computes all the nutritional data, plus you can keep two profiles for running info throughout the day. I got mine for about $100, but it is seriously kickass. 1000 pre-programmed foods, with the ability to add another 100 unique ones, and the ability to sum up a meal (on anabolic diet, shakes sometimes have 5 ingredients, so it's nice to have one output of kCals/CHO/PRO/FAT instead of a list.

Got that, and a logbook, and for the first time in my life I'm actually eating the right sized portions, lol.

8. I just got a scale, and fit day.. Works for me.

9. I like the log book approach myself. Make it really easy to see trends of weight gain/loss with which meals I had the day before.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kalakbar View Post
    I like the log book approach myself. Make it really easy to see trends of weight gain/loss with which meals I had the day before.
    I can do all that on fit day. Nice and easy to access, and make entries.

Keeping records is def. a plus in tracking progress though.

11. Can you add your own nutritional info to fitday or is it all preprogrammed for foods? As you know the same foods differ in value between manufacturers.

12. Add another happy customer of affordable scales... I have not a single complaint with the 5 dollar scale I use daily.

Wal-mart or Target would typically be your best bet, but in the event that neither are local, I would assume that most supermarkets keep some in stock. If your in a pinch, then go with the $5 scales... you can always upgrade later for further precision.

13. i use a digital scale. it was like 15 or 20 i think.

useful to measure 24g of peanut butter ..not 32 haha.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Can you add your own nutritional info to fitday or is it all preprogrammed for foods? As you know the same foods differ in value between manufacturers.
    ya, you can add custom foods, or edit the foods they have in there to reflect a different brands macros, etc.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Machine Mind View Post
    $20? I think mine was like $6...get a cheap one...we're not measuring drugs here.

...or are we?
    I bought the cheapest one at Wal-Mart. Then it broke so I bought the next most expensive one and it broke. Then I bought the digital one. I've had it for 2 years. Works great.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Marijuana,metabolize food, just like alcohol and food?
    By socal101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-18-2015, 03:59 PM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 12:02 AM
  3. Can we get a food scale?
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 08:34 PM
  4. scale
    By Rivet in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0