Cereal PWO?

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking about this today, obviously not Reese Puff's, although delicous, but would a cerial like Frosted-Mini Wheats make a good part of a PWO meal?

I woud mic a good source of carbs (i think) with some simple sugars in the frosting, have some protein, which you could add to with milk.

The totals would be somthing around

P- 12
C- 56
F- 1
Fiber - 12
sugars - 17

Eat this and some chicken (or what ever protein source you want) and you would have a pretty decent PWO meal.

yay or nay?

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It would be decent, not really the best. It would be better to do plain shredded wheat and get the sugar from something like fruit. Then you would be getting your sugar from something more beneficial to your body.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think a killer post-WO meal is 1cup oatbran w/ some berries. Make it like porridge but thinner. It will digest fast, has tons of healthy nutrients, and tastes great. Throw some protein powder on top to get your protein intake in.

Cereal PWO isn't bad, are you doing this after a shake? PWO is a nice time to have an "almost" cheat meal you wouldn't eat at other times of the day, so if cereal is your thing go for it.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes I'll have some ezekial cereal mixed with grape nuts. Seems to hold me through my workouts good, especially on leg days, due to the extra fiber.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is a popular nutritionist that uses cereal as PWO for his clients. Successful clients, i may add.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Im not really doing it at all yet, I was just thinkin about it. I fiqure somthing lik shredded mini wheats would have good carbs and simple sugars and it got plenty of fiber sooo...

I also though about multi-grain cherios

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeap.. Go for it bro and see how you do with it..

I eat kids cereal post workout, and it works good for me.

Boro- do you mind sharing who you are referring to?

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
I figured its probably not the best but as a PWO meal every now and then, AND delicous i thought it sounded like a good idea, maybe while bulking or somthing.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
If you're gonna do this... try Honey Bunches of Oats... not only is it nutritious, it's absolutely delicious too! LOL.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used a multi-grain cereal along with raisins and a whey shake for a long time. Plenty of kcals and nutrients without any sort of sluggish feeling. I highly recommend this for anyone who struggle to get in lots of carbs because you can easily get in 120g with this method. Perfect for AP for other heavy repartitioners.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
If you're gonna do this... try Honey Bunches of Oats... not only is it nutritious, it's absolutely delicious too! LOL.
my roomate had a that cereal at the house 2 weeks ago, I wanted to start my carb-cylcing that week but needless to say it did not happen.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeap.. Go for it bro and see how you do with it..

I eat kids cereal post workout, and it works good for me.

Boro- do you mind sharing who you are referring to?
Skip over at intense muscle. He helped a good friend of mine win NPC Jr. Nationals for his first comp...
He uses kids cereal as his recommendation...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Skip over at intense muscle. He helped a good friend of mine win NPC Jr. Nationals for his first comp...
He uses kids cereal as his recommendation...
That is what i thought.. He certainly knows his ****!