Critique my diet at college please...

SacDIESEL

SacDIESEL

Awards
5' 7" - 170 ---Looking to maintain what I have maybe get the lower abbs to show a little more. Lift 4 days, cardio 2 days, interval and abbs 1 day.

B-Fast (pre workout) - Steel Cut oats, 2 cups milk, cinnamin, stevia, Fish oil

Post WO shake - Brewers Yeast 1 tbspn, Scoop ON protein, 1 cup milk

1 hr later - Banana, 2 egg whites 1 whole egg, 15 almonds

3 hrs later - 3 cups spring mix w/ broccoli, peppers, onions mushrooms, cherry tomatoes all tossed in, w/ olive oil and vinegar, and 8 oz chicken (grilled)

3 hrs later - 2 cups broccoli, can of salmon/tuna, 2 tbspns salsa

3 hrs later - 1 cup cottage cheese 2%, Half tbspn of natty pb

(If I have a mid day snack b/c i'm stuck at class I have Natty PB on Ezekiel Bread)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
not enough protein. grab 10 pounds of protein. if your trying to cut youll need more protein than that. Id also cut the milk. too much bloating and water retention. if you cant drop the milk go for fat free milk.

SacDIESEL

SacDIESEL

Awards
Yea ff milk is what I drink..
Analysis comes out--
2,005 Kcal
215 PRO
155 CHO
65 FAT

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Yea ff milk is what I drink..
Analysis comes out--
2,005 Kcal
215 PRO
155 CHO
65 FAT
that looks good to me. your carbs didn't seem as high as 155 at all, which says to me that you've picked some slow carbs, which are always good.

but man, you're gonna mug yourself with that HALF TBSP of peanut butter. NO ONE, and i mean NO ONE can eat just a half a tbsp. of that shlt! you'll end up eating more than you think. it's a scientific impossibility to open a tub and eat just that much. hahahahaha.

SacDIESEL

SacDIESEL

Awards
hahaha i know what u mean but I estimated half of tbsp cuz i use a tsp and i scoop out a heaping glob with the teaspoon and mix with CC...This is my go to pre bed snack as it stays with u for a while.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahaha i know what u mean but I estimated half of tbsp cuz i use a tsp and i scoop out a heaping glob with the teaspoon and mix with CC...This is my go to pre bed snack as it stays with u for a while.
Do you like cottage cheese?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could be used as a great alternative for your last meal....

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I calculated your maintenance calories and it looks like you should be eating more like 2600. Are you losing weight on your current diet? Your activity level may be lower than what I calculated it as, so you really could maintain at 2000. However, if you want to see more lower abs, increasing protein (like everyone has been saying) and or carb cycling can really help with that. Also total body workouts can help you drop fat. Minimizing seated, laying or isolation movements and replacing them with standing can really help your abs all the way around.

SacDIESEL

SacDIESEL

Awards
low carb is hard for me as i love my fruits and veggies and no matter what i end up around 100 carbs even if i cut out breads and oats

SacDIESEL

SacDIESEL

Awards
i also have 1 refeed day in which i consume whatever i want...never calculated how many cals b/c it would make me sick haha but it seems to really work as the next day I seem to have my best workout of the week...I really feel an energy difference

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It can be very beneficial to have a cheat day occasionally- It really does help with refueling your body.

I think you would really like carb cycling. You are able to eat complex carbs and sugars in the morning and after working out (since your body can best use them at those times of the day) and in the afternoons you stick to veggies. I find that it keeps my cravings for junky food at a low and my workouts are always really energized because I've had some form of complex carbs for breakfast. You can maintain weight or loose weight while Carb Cycling, depending on how many cals you consume a day :thumbsup:

Rah22491

Awards
Sorry this is a little off top but is it difficult for you to stick to a strict diet in college i am getting ready to go and am worried bout bein able to get lean meats and complex carbs

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Getting complex carbs at college shouldn't be difficult at all. Lean meats on the other hand... You'll really have to keep your eyes out. May even want to pick it up on your own. Canned tuna, chicken are cheap. Eggs are good too.