Poll: What is you average daily protein intake?

What is your average daily protein intake?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Over 1 per lb, but not 2, so somewhere in the mid.

2. 1.75 gram per lb (350 gms daily) when cycling, 1.25 when I'm not.
    •   

3. I'm lucky if I get .75 grams/lb. If I eat more than that I would look like a blimp.

4. i get about 1.25/lb on a cut and 1.75-2 on a bulk

5. I find it very hard to even reach 1G per pound let alone 2G... I eat the crap out of protein bars.. I eat CLIFF bars.. all organic with 20g of protein, they are great.... and dominate the whey! but even with all of that i barely get 200g a day
    •   

6. How much can your body digest at one time? Ive always been told that it can only take around 25 grams per setting, and the rest is just waste. How true is this?

7. for me its .5-.6 grams/lb as i dont eat meat

8. Quote Originally Posted by connelly22 View Post
    How much can your body digest at one time? Ive always been told that it can only take around 25 grams per setting, and the rest is just waste. How true is this?
    Im not 100%, but im pretty sure its only 25grams give or take a few an hour.

9. Quote Originally Posted by connelly22 View Post
    How much can your body digest at one time? Ive always been told that it can only take around 25 grams per setting, and the rest is just waste. How true is this?
    Very much untrue.

10. Well i know there has to be a limit on it because your body does not store protein well. Whatever the body thinks is not needed goes straight to waste. So where is this limit at? 25 grams per hour, as stated by slanno, sounds pretty reasonable to me.

11. I voted 2, because there is no 1.5 option. I would say I am around 1.5 per lb, maybe more. I always end up eating like a fat ass on weekends though, because I get up 2 hrs later than normal. It throws my routine way off, because I miss a meal and have to compensate the rest of the day.

12. 2g per pound.

13. 25g of protein and hour no matter how fast your metabolism is what i have always hear and read was the max. Anything over is a waste, the proof is when you eat more protein then your body can take it gives you horrible gas, thats the by product of no digested/absorbed nutrients.

14. Quote Originally Posted by slanno View Post
    25g of protein and hour no matter how fast your metabolism is what i have always hear and read was the max. Anything over is a waste, the proof is when you eat more protein then your body can take it gives you horrible gas, thats the by product of no digested/absorbed nutrients.
    This is complete and utter Bullsh!t.

15. What is protein? jk

I eat a gram per pound, but I'm going to eat more starting next year due to the fact that I need to up my calorie intake.

16. Quote Originally Posted by slanno View Post
    25g of protein and hour no matter how fast your metabolism is what i have always hear and read was the max. Anything over is a waste, the proof is when you eat more protein then your body can take it gives you horrible gas, thats the by product of no digested/absorbed nutrients.
    you eat every hour? I might just have to put that into my sig.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 11:31 AM
  2. Your daily fiber intake and you
    By SilentBob187 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 10:46 PM
  3. daily fat intake
    By cmp007 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 05:28 PM