help with hard stool

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
could me not drinkin enough water be a cause? im eating alot of fiber but stool is hard and rough to pass. any suggestions?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Try more Vit C, Whats your fruit and veg intake like?

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Try some digestive enzymes, gut health, probiotics, activia yogurt, etc, take your pick. Although this may not be the scientific answer, from personal experience, these products tend to move things along smoothly. Or nutra sells a colon clense which should help clean out the insides to make sure things move freely. Or you could have some medical problem, Im no doctor, Im just giving you some things you could try.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
could me not drinkin enough water be a cause? im eating alot of fiber but stool is hard and rough to pass. any suggestions?
Absolutely. Hydration status could be playing a role here. The main function of the large intestines is to reabsorb water from the fecal matter on it's way out. If hydration is on the low end this can contribute to rough stools.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely. Hydration status could be playing a role here. The main function of the large intestines is to reabsorb water from the fecal matter on it's way out. If hydration is on the low end this can contribute to rough stools.
prob what it is. ive been slackin on the water lately. its gone now..nothing a hard workout and lots of water cant fix! haha. im am taking digestive enzymes too

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
prob what it is. ive been slackin on the water lately. its gone now..nothing a hard workout and lots of water cant fix! haha. im am taking digestive enzymes too
Hydrate up brother. The other suggestions here are very good as well. Good luck. :D

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Um, something that I thought about, didn't really see it mentioned on here. What about soluble fiber? I know you said you're taking in a lot of fiber. But if it's predominantly insoluble, could that affect the hardness of your stool?

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I put up a car jack side ways in my rectum and then use the vacuum hose to suck most of the sh*t out and then put the attachment with the brush to scrape anything left and suck it out.

If you really wanna go the extra depth you could give it a bleach/hot water bath with a jet pressure, let it sit for a few hours then drain it out.

Or you could just increase your water intake, Vit C, 500mg of magnesium every night(I take mine in ZMA), and actually lower your fiber intake, I go everyday and I rarely eat more than 10-15g/day with no problems.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
people have already stated one at a time the things I would have thoguht of:
1. Hydration
2.fiber
3. bacterial (food cultures, digestive enzymes, etc)
4. possibly excessive protein per single meal

If you adjust those 4 things and don't see an improvement soon I'd see a doctor just to be safe.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I put up a car jack side ways in my rectum and then use the vacuum hose to suck most of the sh*t out and then put the attachment with the brush to scrape anything left and suck it out.

If you really wanna go the extra depth you could give it a bleach/hot water bath with a jet pressure, let it sit for a few hours then drain it out.
If ever there were a time the 'no homo' disclaimer wouldn't seem quite so ridiculous, and yet, it's not there.....

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If ever there were a time the 'no homo' disclaimer wouldn't seem quite so ridiculous, and yet, it's not there.....
I don't see any indication of homo activity on that post weather open homo activities or clandestine homo operations.

I'll ttyl, I gotta go clean the bird cage, it's always a fun time! :hammer:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'll ttyl, I gotta go clean the bird cage, it's always a fun time! :hammer:
Is that what they're calling it these days? :fool2:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hydration is the key, then add in a bit of Gut Health, and you should feel better fast

MuscleHeadGuy

Banned
Awards
Drink water, and consume more protein and fiber. Try RPN's Gut Health, too. That'll make for softer stools and help keep your system regular.