$50 budget

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.5%

$50 budget

I need a grocery list that is low in fat, high in protein, and very nutritional while still being stomachable ( a made up word) i have around 50 bucks to spend.... i know for sure the whole wheat bread thing...

keep in mind im not around any type of cooking device

thanks in advance

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

No cooking at all! ouch. Protein you need canned tuna I guess, also chicken and whey protein if possible. Get some nuts to keep you OK on fats. Carbs just go for whole-wheat stuff, fruits and vegetables. I love oats but I guess that`s out.

Do you have a fridge
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.5%

basically this is the scenario i leave my house at 6, hour and half drive to school, school for 3-5 hours, 1 hour drive to work, work til 6-7 , then home for dinner so i can squeeze a microwave at work but thats about it im mainly looking for simple solutions so i dont have to eat fast food so i can stop gaining my pencil pusher obliques that are ruining my use to be abs lol
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cassimus View Post
    I need a grocery list that is low in fat, high in protein, and very nutritional while still being stomachable ( a made up word) i have around 50 bucks to spend.... i know for sure the whole wheat bread thing...

thanks in advance
    peanut butter, tuna fillets. much easier to open and less mess than the cans. i used to get hungry living on campus last year and i barely had food so i would take a plastic knife scoop up some peanut butter and dip it in oats. surprisingly delicious
  5. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Well invest in some tupperware. Then bulk cook some stews and chilis. Put them in a lunchbox with a freezer pack and they will stay cold. If you can find a microwave, heat it up otherwise eat it cold.

Also I`d recommend making meatloaf. Cut it up and freeze it. Take out 2-3 slabs, put it in a ziploc baggie and in a couple hours it`s defrosted and ready to eat. You`re not in that bad of a situation. Just invest in some tupperware, and don`t be afraid of carrying a lunchbox. You might want to make some protein bars too. There`s tons of workable ideas in this nutrition forum, check out some other posts by people who are in simliar situations (i.e. work all day, college)
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

thanks in advance
    -4 pack canned tuna: $3.68
    -2.5 dozen eggs: $6
    -Ground beef on sale :B1G1F
    -Pink Slamon: 2/$5
    -Brown rice: cheap sh*t
    -oatmeal:cheap sh*t

That's all I can help ya with, I rarely eat any fruits, vegetables or grains so I don't know about their prices.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Chicken, turkey burgers, tuna, natural PB, string cheese, eggs, sausage, bag o broccoli. Cook the meat at night and put it in tuperware for the next day.
  8. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

vegetables should be easy as you can eat most of them raw without a problem. Fruit should be easy.

all the whey protein tastes good enough to use with water...so you could always bring some shakers with all the whey and some oats in them and add water and drink whenever.

Natty peanut or almond butter is always a good choice...or you can just eat the nuts instead.

The idea of cooking your meals in advance is the best option here....as it will save you from getting sick of the same stuff day in and out.

If you are going to shoot for protein bars...check out the ones by supreme protein. they are amazing and use 100% isolate.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Chicken, turkey burgers, tuna, natural PB, string cheese, eggs, sausage, bag o broccoli. Cook the meat at night and put it in tuperware for the next day.
    eh, there's a novel idea for you, OP
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

thanks in advance
    Two things just threw me off here..
    1) You want fat, and lots of it. If anything, you would reduce carbohydate. The low-fat diet is the worst thing one can do to their body. Not only performance wise, health wise.
    2) What is the "wheat bread" thing?

I'd go (daily) 3 pieces of fruit, 2 servings vegetables (at that microwave at work, at then at your house for dinner). I'd then spend the rest on lean meats and nuts, both which can be easily pre-made and made mobile. A simple, yet effective meal, could be: 1 can of tuna, 1 apple, 1/4c raw almonds. Grains "work", and they may might be more affordable, but I'm unsure on that. 3 pieces of fruit and 2 servings of vegetables would run you for something like 4 dollars a day. Just offering what I'd personally do.... we don't know a thing about your training goals, program layout, etc.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Budget Bulking
    By bomcgraw in forum Bulking
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 11:51 PM
  2. Budget Cuts
    By zwa004 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 12:10 AM
  3. Bulking on a budget
    By mytime09 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3