Is there a best time to eat fat?

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I have always heard that eating a little bit of healthy fat each meal is good. I find that when I don't eat fat in a meal I am hungry much sooner,which allows me to eat more calories. I prefer eating the majority of my fat at night because it keeps me full and I don't need to worry about eating another meal. Is there anything wrong with this?

ACSlayer

Awards
If there is a best time to eat fat, it would be at night. I switch to only Protein/Fat meals after about 7-8 o'clock, this keeps insulin levels low prior to sleep...which also helps to boost IGF, GH, and neurotransmitters important for deep sleep. Doing this over Carbs/Protein at night should aide in keeping you leaner and improve recovery through more restfull sleep.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have always heard that eating a little bit of healthy fat each meal is good. I find that when I don't eat fat in a meal I am hungry much sooner,which allows me to eat more calories. I prefer eating the majority of my fat at night because it keeps me full and I don't need to worry about eating another meal. Is there anything wrong with this?
If it's working for you, keep doing it.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Yes, fat will keep the appetite at bay longer. It is healthy to take in fat with every meal, especially those with carbohydrate. It will slow the breakdown, resulting in a smoother release of insulin into the blood. Being hormonally nuetral, it will help you digest a larger meal as well.

Plus, guacamole is incredibly addicting. That's the real point here, who are we kidding!

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Yes, fat will keep the appetite at bay longer. It is healthy to take in fat with every meal, especially those with carbohydrate. It will slow the breakdown, resulting in a smoother release of insulin into the blood. Being hormonally nuetral, it will help you digest a larger meal as well.

Plus, guacamole is incredibly addicting. That's the real point here, who are we kidding!
Yes..guacamole is addicting. It pretty much goes good with anything.

SuperBig

Awards
I like healthy fats throughout the day, but in the mornings is definitely good for you as that helps to support the period when your natural test production is highest.