Just how bad is pizza for you?

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Just curious I mean, for me its bulk time, but again with minimal fat gain lol

Heres what I ate today

breakfist

4 fried eggs with three slices of ham and and an english muffin.

meal two: two sloppy joes and a small salad

snack: three tbsps of peanutbutter couple slices of turkey and ham with an 8 oz glass of milk

another 8 oz glass of milk about an hour later

and now I just had another 8oz glass with three slices of plain pizza and another salad

Just wondering how awful/good it may be?

Calories are fairly high i hope considering i've still got about two meals left

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
anything goes with bulking high carb/fat/protein, mate most people have uppwards of 6-8 meals when bulking a day. you should think about making some massive pots of tuna,rice,vegies mix it all together and just snack on it all day. Expect to put a bit of weight on.

walugi

walugi

Awards
my secret:

Dominos Supreme pizza (thin crust)
Full cream milk

For some reason it just tastes fricken awesome. Too bad when I ate it I wasn't on a bulk :p *massive shame*

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
Just curious I mean, for me its bulk time, but again with minimal fat gain lol

Heres what I ate today

breakfist

snack: three tbsps of peanutbutter couple slices of turkey and ham with an 8 oz glass of milk

and now I just had another 8oz glass with three slices of plain pizza and another salad

Just wondering how awful/good it may be?

Calories are fairly high i hope considering i've still got about two meals left
what are you ethiopian?

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
Well as a catholic priest would say

lets do it lil boy!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
and to answer the original question, pizza don't have to be bad at all.

get you some low fat mozz., some whole wheat crust mix, and some lean ground beef (93/7), and some veggies of course. and make that stuff up. you'll have a protein/carb rich food that's low-moderate in fat. and it'll taste a lot better than that dominos shlt.

but me, i'd be about some spaghetti and meatballs. it's like pizza if you put a whole lot of parmesan on it like i did. i say did cause i don't eat wheat anymore really.

manicstudio

Awards
breakfist

wow i thought that was just one meal...i would starve, how do u lift hard on that little amount of fuel?? Pizza is not that bad especially after workouts...i eat 2 med. size dominos every tuesday 2 for 10 tuesdays!!

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
hear that ragin'?!

rob van winkle's callin' you out via internet!? better get your flexfit on and flex. it's gametime.

Lol ouch, so i guess im an ex-rich celeb, ya got me man considering we can only see a quater of your cranium, maybe thats a good thing though huh?

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
wow i thought that was just one meal...i would starve, how do u lift hard on that little amount of fuel?? Pizza is not that bad especially after workouts...i eat 2 med. size dominos every tuesday 2 for 10 tuesdays!!
Today was an off day and my first day back to bulking, remember I ate twice more after that and thats on a span of about 11 hours, so food every two isnt bad, and keeps the metabolism right.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
It's really not that bad; check the diet tracker stats.

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
and to answer the original question, pizza don't have to be bad at all.

get you some low fat mozz., some whole wheat crust mix, and some lean ground beef (93/7), and some veggies of course. and make that stuff up. you'll have a protein/carb rich food that's low-moderate in fat. and it'll taste a lot better than that dominos shlt.

but me, i'd be about some spaghetti and meatballs. it's like pizza if you put a whole lot of parmesan on it like i did. i say did cause i don't eat wheat anymore really.
HELLL YEAAAHHH! Thats how you make a pizza!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't give a damn how bad pizza is for me-I'm still going to eat it. This is the way I see it: Eat 6x/day, 7 days/wk=42 meals. Let's say I eat pizza 3x/wk, that still makes over 90% of meals "clean." Also, caloric confusion is a good thing for the endocrine system and body composition.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In general, I believe two things are noted to be THE worst things on Earth you can eat - Pizza and Chinese.

From an old study I read (IIRC), Insulin levels were elevated for up to 6 hours after eating Pizza.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
In general, I believe two things are noted to be THE worst things on Earth you can eat - Pizza and Chinese.

From an old study I read (IIRC), Insulin levels were elevated for up to 6 hours after eating Pizza.

But MSG is delicious.

Fatal Wisdom

Fatal Wisdom

Awards
  • Established
HAHHA, the irony, i had chinese tonight

im sure it wont affect one at all infact if its a once and awhile thing

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1: Diabetes Care. 1993 Apr;16(4):578-80.Links

Comment in:
Diabetes Care. 1993 Oct;16(10):1409-10.
Diabetes Care. 1993 Oct;16(10):1410-1.

Exaggerated hyperglycemia after a pizza meal in well-controlled diabetes.
Ahern JA, Gatcomb PM, Held NA, Petit WA Jr, Tamborlane WV.

Department of Nursing, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut.

OBJECTIVE--To examine whether the postprandial hyperglycemic effect of pizza in well-controlled IDDM patients is related to overeating or to unique properties of this popular food. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS--On two evenings, each patient (n = 8) consumed a meal that was similar in macronutrient composition except that one consisted of pizza and the other was a control meal that included high glycemic index foods. The insulin regimen was held constant. RESULTS--Postprandial glucose levels were within the target range (< or = 10 mM) after the control meal. Although the initial glucose increase was similar for the two meals, plasma glucose continued to rise and was significantly increased from 4 to 9 h after ingestion of pizza compared with the control meal (P < 0.05). This increase occurred even though free insulin, glucagon, and free fatty acid levels did not differ significantly. CONCLUSIONS--Our data suggest that pizza has properties that accentuate and sustain postprandial hyperglycemia.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Lol ouch, so i guess im an ex-rich celeb, ya got me man considering we can only see a quater of your cranium, maybe thats a good thing though huh?
heh. you're a funny lil' dude, i'll grant you that.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
and i got a picture for ya, since you were so hard up to get a look at me, rob.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
...and the simple solution is to make your own damn pizza's - can be as healthy as you like when you control what goes on them.

I use that flat middle-eastern bread, no processed meats, plenty of fresh herbs and veges (including a pile of garlic and chilli), and minimal low-fat cheese.

De-fukken-Licious!

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe pizza is bad, it's just extremely calorie dense. If you don't usually eat a lot of white breads/refined starches during the week you could fit pizza in here and there. If you can find a decent pizza place that offers whole wheat crust that would be good. The only major chain I know of that does is papa john's.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It all depends how you make it! On a tortilla with light cheese, and lots of topping it can be pretty low carb! Here's mine with Chicken Fingers (via the AM.com recipe) It's a tad burned, but I think I got distracted on NP and forgot about it lol.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MY E-C0CK IS HUGE!!!!!!!!! Bow down... I will break you with my superior quads, and push 32 times your weight.

ARGGGGGGGG!!!!

Adams