To all you people that work in an office, please help!

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.66%

To all you people that work in an office, please help!

I've been in the restaurant industry for 6 years and am now moving out. I will be working in an office and sometimes on the road. Do you guys have any tips and tricks to make it easier for me to eat every 3 hours and get in all my protein and all that stuff? Anything would help!

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Obviously protein shakes are helpful. I drink a lot of powerade zero so I save the bottles. Add a scoop of protein then just fill them up with water and shake whenever I need one. If you want to add fat to it bottle of ENOVA, EVOO, safflower, grapeseed, etc oils are pretty mobile.

For a meal cans of tuna...and now they make the pouches if your not too cheap like me.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.35%

Pack a lunch, I would make it the night before. Canned chicken is good to bring..its easy and quick...protein bars..PBJ's..anything good for ya quick that ya can eat at your desk...almonds...shaker cup..mix up a shake in the office kitchen(they should have one)..you can prob. bring in bulk of food and stash it in the cupboards and kitchen at work
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Tupperware and Ziploc baggies. Make large batches of food twice a week. Organize it in your fridge so you just grab and go.

Every time your co-workers go for a coffee/smoke break, you eat.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    Tupperware and Ziploc baggies. Make large batches of food twice a week. Organize it in your fridge so you just grab and go.

Every time your co-workers go for a coffee/smoke break, you eat.
    VERY good suggestion, i spend about 3 hours on Sunday making protein pancakes, 2-3 lbs. of chicken, brown rice, tuna fish, protein brownies and turkey sometimes, i even weigh out my ceral....yea i'm a bit sick. but I'll tell you what, when i get up, i pack my cooler with everything i need for a workday in about 5 minutes. and your very right about the ziplock bags and Tupperware, my life would suck without them.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.52%

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    VERY good suggestion, i spend about 3 hours on Sunday making protein pancakes, 2-3 lbs. of chicken, brown rice, tuna fish, protein brownies and turkey sometimes, i even weigh out my ceral....yea i'm a bit sick. but I'll tell you what, when i get up, i pack my cooler with everything i need for a workday in about 5 minutes. and your very right about the ziplock bags and Tupperware, my life would suck without them.

I 100% agree. My kitchen turns into a restaurant on Sundays preparing food for the week. It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to hard to cook during the week when you are at a desk all day, drive to the gym after work, and then dont get home till 8pm. Who wants to cook after all of that? It sucks having a desk job, but planning is the key. I pack my breakfast lunch and dinner the night before, and then Im out the door super quick in the am without ever having to worry about what to eat during the day. OH! And I discovered that they make ready to serve microwaveable little containers of brown rice. Very nice. Also, Oscar Meyers makes precooked chicken breast strips too if you are ever in a pinch.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.02%

A crock pot and a rice cooker will give you back some free time as well.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.35%

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    I 100% agree. My kitchen turns into a restaurant on Sundays preparing food for the week. It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to hard to cook during the week when you are at a desk all day, drive to the gym after work, and then dont get home till 8pm. Who wants to cook after all of that? It sucks having a desk job, but planning is the key. I pack my breakfast lunch and dinner the night before, and then Im out the door super quick in the am without ever having to worry about what to eat during the day. OH! And I discovered that they make ready to serve microwaveable little containers of brown rice. Very nice. Also, Oscar Meyers makes precooked chicken breast strips too if you are ever in a pinch.
    Yeah ive had the OM chicken strips, not bad. The canned chicken is aight...its hit or miss..some cans our good..some are not...lots of garlic powder
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.66%

That's great guys thanks to you all!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Protein shakes obviously, but I eat sliced turkey breasts quite often as a snack along with raw veggies, nuts or I sometimes cook those veggie steamers that you can microwave. If you want to prepare your own veggies for the week just don't cook them all the way. Leave them a bit crisp that way when you re-heat them they finish cooking and do not become over cooked.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.37%

it'l be even easier once your in the office. im assuming your office will have a fridge. YOu can store food and shakes and have them every 2-3 hours. i dont see what the problem would be besides the annoying coworkers asking dumb questions like "what is that, what does it do, are you trying to bulk up or something, does that stuff even work" blah blah blah.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.66%

Yah I'm already used to that but now I'm going to have to break in a new batch of people :P
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.23%

Beef jerky - it's your friend!
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.35%

Ive also been know to crush a twelver of Albacor Tuna in a can in a days work.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.56%

Protein bars (fav are Pure protein (low cal and carbs)). 100 cal packs of almonds.. Single serving yogurt. Pack a lunch the night before.. Protein shots... Make your own protein bars in bulk and eat one a day...

Basically anything you can fit into your lunch box should go with you.. I pack mine to the max and I just sit behind a desk for 8 hours.. Imagine if I went on a trip... lol...
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  268 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.28%

get some whole wheat tortillas and make everything into a wrap lol...egg steak wraps, tuna lettuce wraps, chicken strips and brown rice wraps...its a good way to chow down a big high cal,carb and/or protien meal really fast in a non messy clean concealable fashion.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  268 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho1545 View Post
    Basically anything you can fit into your lunch box should go with you.. I pack mine to the max and I just sit behind a desk for 8 hours.. Imagine if I went on a trip... lol...

lol...i had to upgrade to a mini gym bag to carry my food and gallon of water...i hate when i forget to mix or dont have time to mix up protein or bcaa powders and just throw them in a ziploc bag to do it at work...i feel like a junkie, ppl always questioning or i go to the washroom and dump a bag of whey into my water bottle so ppl wont ask dumb ****e like is that steroids or what not...grrr hate that...lol
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.56%

Quote Originally Posted by manicstudio View Post
    i go to the washroom and dump a bag of whey into my water bottle so ppl wont ask dumb ****e like is that steroids or what not...grrr hate that...lol

hahaha.. I have to do that sometimes too.. Its funny, one of the guys that used to call me crazy like 2 months ago for doing that has now started to eat protein bars during his breaks at work.. I just sit back and laugh at him now...
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.66%

I'll be sure to take these suggestions and user them. I don't have a lunch box so I guess I'll need to pick one up. Its funny, right now at work I have one of those canvas bags in the walk in fridge and it's always full of like 15 cartons of eggwhites and a huge bag of brown rice but all my other food I get from work. I work at the keg so I gets lots of chicken and steak. I will probably eventually take my own little space in the office fridge but for the meantime, until I get to know people, I will probably have to keep it low key.

I thank you all again your input. I have never had an office job so its all so new
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.79%

Ya i work at an office and am at the office working right now man, you will be fine everyone goes to lunch and i stay eat a lunch here when everyone gets back i go on my lunch break and then eat some more, no one really cares as long as you actually do your work, sure they'll ask what is that or what will it do, either tell em the truth or just make some dumba*s lie up dont matter, but ya your drawers are your best friend i just store a bunch of protein bars in there and anything else i want, protein shakes you can have at your desk or in the lunch cafeteria area not a big deal but good luck to ya my friend
  21. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Do you guys have a favourite protein bar recipe? I mainly rely on frozen meatloaf. My recipe I use is from Chef Lisa Marie, her Turkey Meatloaf (http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1645956 ) although I often sub in ground beef and add lots of ketchup/bbq sauce.

Like others have said, tupperware is your friend. I highly recommend bulk cooking some Chili and Stew, and freezing that up. Get into a Sunday ritual.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.56%

I buy Pure Protein bars.. I just started making my own... All I do is chopped walnuts and almonds.. I mix that with dry oats, flaxseed and peanut butter.. Mix a little bit of honey.. Stir it all up.. Lay it out on a pan... Put some more honey on it. Through it in the oven for 10-15 min on 350 and then let it cool in the fridge for 2 hours.. Cut into squares.... I guess its not much of a protein bar.. Prob healthier then those trail mix bars with all that unnatural stuff in it... (prob cheaper and easier to buy them anyhow)...

Similar Forum Threads

1. how many people work out sick/injured
    By lennoxchi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 03:46 PM
  2. For people who work as a personal trainer
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 10:26 PM
  3. Just Another Day At The Office ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 10:25 AM
  4. WHY CREATINE DOESN'T WORK! (for some people)
    By AndroAnarchy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 11:50 PM