Lets talk zinc

DaTruth

Awards
What is the best absorbed zinc by the body?

zinc chelate

or zinc picolinate ?

How much zinc can the body absorb at one time? 25mg? 50? 75mg?100 mg?

Are the 50mg zinc+ 2mg copper tabs like the one by solaray any good or would one be better off to take them seperately for absorbtion reasons?

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I take 15mg of zinc picolinate before bed, with some peanut butter and fish oil. Good sleep. I am not sure about how Calcium effects Picolinate zincs absurbtion though

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i was wondering what the best form of zinc is as well. If this gets bumped up later when i have time then ill research it.

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
from what i keep reading about zinc it that you should avoid taking it with calcium foods and other calcium containing supplements because it will decrease the abosorbtion and affectiveness of zinc. they say ZMA should be taken on an empty stomach so i would say take any type of zinc wether ZMA or just a zinc pill on an empty stomach. i take a zinc pill about an 2 hours after my supper which is about one hour before my bedtime shake.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Avoid consuming calcium and zinc at the same time. Other than that, it really does not matter tremendously.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Avoid consuming calcium and zinc at the same time. Other than that, it really does not matter tremendously.
WORD!

Calcium inhibits the absorption of zinc big time.

I take ZMA every night, excellent supplement, been taking it for 6 months now.

90 caps for less than $10!!!!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Zma-90-Caps/dp/B00068S9UO/ref=pd_bbs_7?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1220858152&sr=8-7"]Amazon.com: Zma 90 Caps: Health & Personal Care[/ame]