Neverending hunger

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
I have great self control of what and when I eat but since I started this new WO I have this insatiable hunger. Every 30-45 minutes I get hungry. Its been like this for 2 days and I can't satisfy my hunger.
So every 30-45 minutes I eat about 500 calories......but I haven't put on any weight.

Thoughts?

A

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
i could eat anything i wanted when i was 18 too. your hormones at that age are going through the roof. enjoy it while you can.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
well it really bugs me cuz i dont like to eat after 8 p.m. unless im going for a late workout but im like actually hungry.
oh well. im going to keep eating like a madman.

(need to goto the store tomorow lol)

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking any supps? What is different between your new WO and old WO.

ANd you are 18 after all. You could suck the grease from the vats and MC-D's and still not get fat.....ok that's an exaggeration but you get the point. Could just be as your body is requiring more food, or its missing something.

ALSO

Could be your mental situation. Are you normal? Any new stress, anything changed? Depressed, excited?

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
no significant changes since school started.
i moved from 3x10 routine to a 4x8 max hypertrophy routine
im a endo/meso so i cant typically eat whatever i want without the neg affects
and no, no new supps

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eat every two too three hours, no matter what. If it means at your job as a manager, go to the bathroom and eat a protein bar real fast.you can get more protein at meals which keeps you hungry. You'll learn more as you find out how nutrition effects muscle gains.

This is easy and you can drink it in ten seconds

grind up some oatmeal in the blender(however many carbs you want) add two scoops of whey protein put them in a cup. bring some olive oil, it takes ten secs to measure out the olive oil, put in in your cup. mix it up,, drink real fast.your set for another 2-3 hours.

I eat all the time at work. i just go into the bathroom and quickly down a protein bar, or bring my shake, or go to the fridge and drink a cartoon of egg whites(sold at grocery stores, there safe, pasteurized)

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
there isn't a problem of eating at work. if i need to go down a shake its a matter of walking to the break room grabbing it and drinking it.
i dont usually need to eat every 2-3 hours tho.
theres a couple logs that im entered in...let me see if i win one and then i'll start my hardcore 2 month clean bulk.
then i'll start eating every 2-3 hours straight up.

one thing i've really come to get a taste for is tuna tho. i liked it as a kid then hated it for a couple years but here recently it rocks. its the best snack.
anyways ima hit the sack

-Dboyzl

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
snack on almonds - I pop a few every hour. Keeps the hunger at bay and a great source of good fats and protein

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Me and you are the same height yet i got nearly 50 pounds on you. I highly suggest you take advantage of the hunger and eat as much as you possibly can. Have you counted how many calories your actually eating. OVer 4000? I doubt it. Get some wholemeal bread and grill up a bunch of chicken breasts and dig in or some big cans of tuna etc. Why are you bothered about eating after 8? its no big deal, i wouldnt go crazy on the carbs but unless you go to bed early you got quite a few hours to get some more quality food down your trap. And eat some nuts. 100gms = roughly 600 calories, well for cashews anyway. Eat up skinny boy!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Me and you are the same height yet i got nearly 50 pounds on you. I highly suggest you take advantage of the hunger and eat as much as you possibly can. Have you counted how many calories your actually eating. OVer 4000? I doubt it. Get some wholemeal bread and grill up a bunch of chicken breasts and dig in or some big cans of tuna etc. Why are you bothered about eating after 8? its no big deal, i wouldnt go crazy on the carbs but unless you go to bed early you got quite a few hours to get some more quality food down your trap. And eat some nuts. 100gms = roughly 600 calories, well for cashews anyway. Eat up skinny boy!
best advice - eat like Godzilla!:thumbsup:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I remember when i was 18. My stomach was a bottomless pit! i could eat all day and still not be full. Only time i'd really got full was if i went to the chinese buffet and stay for two hours and a half :) Those were the days!

I'd say make the most of it while you can and eat like a machine!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had a client with a similar issue, his problem was a lack of healthy fats in his diet. Make sure you are getting adequate (even high) fat to maintain longer satiation duration.

Take advantage of it while you can. People pay big money to:
1. be as lean as you with a strong appetite
2. maintain an immense appetite

eat clean, stay full, get swole...

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
eat more in one sitting you big silly goose!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I have great self control of what and when I eat but since I started this new WO I have this insatiable hunger. Every 30-45 minutes I get hungry. Its been like this for 2 days and I can't satisfy my hunger.
So every 30-45 minutes I eat about 500 calories......but I haven't put on any weight.

Thoughts?
Get an appetite suppressant. Shred-Matrix and ReCreate both do the trick.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
i really dont want to take an appetite suppressant tho....when i'm taking them i dont eat enough to maintain well health....i take in barely 1200 calories forcing in a few hundred of them.

i'm going to take majority vote here and just eat till im sick of eating...worst case scenario? well i dont see one since i do enough cardio to keep from storing fat.

thanks for your thoughts guys.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
How many calories are you eating now?

Appetite suppressant dosing can be tailored to your needs. For instance, if you were to take 1 dose of shred matrix just after lunch time, you wouldn't feel hungry until probably 8-9pm. That would give you several hours of not feeling hungry but still enough time before and after dosing to get in enough calories.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
right now im taking in approx 3k a day. thats with work and school
if i dont work i take in closer to 4k

and good point on the app. suppressant tailoring....hadn't thought about that

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i would maintain the same caloric intake...just in four bigger meals rather than six smaller ones as an example. when i was doing six small meals i started to loose weight cause my metabolism was retarded, burning as fast as i was eating...doing as i mentioned corrected this for me as i am trying to gain!

if you are not gaining you may be restricting carbs too much...common mistake among dieter's for the fear of fat gain

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
by no means am i restricting carbs.
my diet is pretty consistent to 50/35/15

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
if your not gainin' on 50% carbs you at 4k cals you got me beat....which is very impressive. what are your carb sources?

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
i really dont want to take an appetite suppressant tho....when i'm taking them i dont eat enough to maintain well health....i take in barely 1200 calories forcing in a few hundred of them.

i'm going to take majority vote here and just eat till im sick of eating...worst case scenario? well i dont see one since i do enough cardio to keep from storing fat.

thanks for your thoughts guys.
Wise man :D
By the way, I have the same problem, I seem to get hungry every hour to an hour and a half. I used to eat every 3hrs, but because I wasn't gaining any weight I decided to eat more frequently. If it is not a meal than it is a snack, either way, I consume some food every hour to an hour and a half. Like you, I do enough cardio so I don't see fat storing as a big issue. What I found over the last couple of weeks: my appetite has increased even more, my metabolism runs faster, my muscles look fuller, I am waaaay less cranky 'cause I eat whenever I feel like it (all clean though) :thumbsup:

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
if your not gainin' on 50% carbs you at 4k cals you got me beat....which is very impressive. what are your carb sources?
multi-grain/whole wheat bread(majority of it)
oatmeal
pasta (not a big majority)

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
multi-grain/whole wheat bread(majority of it)
oatmeal
pasta (not a big majority)
i knew it!!! i'm gonna get hated on for this but i'd lay off the whole grain hippy crap. flip it...go to shttier carbs like the pasta, white/jasmine rice more oats for fiber source. which our metabolic rates we can be less anal about carbs...

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
but you understand why im hesitant to do that at least right?

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
to an extent yes...i used to be a total fat kid....and i've really changed WHAT i eat.
i got really good about when i ate and what i ate and i lost weight and put on a bit of strength.
but before i got in shape my body was a mess....when i think about what he said and just eating 'less' healthy foods it takes me back mentally.

im sure that sounds stupid.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
lot of sugars in it...i eat a couple bananas a week and maybe an apple or two. but thats the extent unless my grandparents bring me grapefruit from their trees....then i eat a bunch of grapefruit lol

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't sound stupid at all, man.

Anyways, write down exactly what you eat tomorrow (if tomorrow is a typical day) and post it up here. Don't kid yourself either, write down EXACTLY waht you eat and how much. We'll go from there.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
k thanks. im starting now with 3 tuna sandwhiches before bed LOL.

*im serious too.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Grapefruit addict myself :lol: Other low sugar&low GI fruit varieties (SAFE TO CONSUME FOR CARB CONCIOUS-TRUST ME ;)) are berries and kiwi, lots of antioxidants too

Calories in 100g of strawberries
Calories 25.7kcal
Carbohydrate 5.7g
Protein 0.8g
Fat 0.1g
Fibre 1.0g
Alcohol 0.0g

Calories in 100g of kiwi fruit
Calories 49.0kcal
Carbohydrate 10.6g
Protein 1.1g
Fat 0.5g
Fibre 1.9g
Alcohol 0.0g

as opposed to :

Calories in 100g of bananas
Calories 95.0kcal
Carbohydrate 23.2g
Protein 1.2g
Fat 0.3g
Fibre 1.1g
Alcohol 0.0g

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
ya i love kiwis too....just too annoying to peal and eat all the time cuz i dont like the furry brown skin. k. tunas are made. 1 left to eat then crashing. post up in my comp class in a few hours.

leave me some love
-Dboyzl

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Grapefruit addict myself :lol: Other low sugar&low GI fruit varieties (SAFE TO CONSUME FOR CARB CONCIOUS-TRUST ME ;)) are berries and kiwi, lots of antioxidants too

Calories in 100g of strawberries
Calories 25.7kcal
Carbohydrate 5.7g
Protein 0.8g
Fat 0.1g
Fibre 1.0g
Alcohol 0.0g

Calories in 100g of kiwi fruit
Calories 49.0kcal
Carbohydrate 10.6g
Protein 1.1g
Fat 0.5g
Fibre 1.9g
Alcohol 0.0g

as opposed to :

Calories in 100g of bananas
Calories 95.0kcal
Carbohydrate 23.2g
Protein 1.2g
Fat 0.3g
Fibre 1.1g
Alcohol 0.0g
haha - love the
content!

With bananas, aren't only half sugars (dependant on ripeness?)

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
to an extent yes...i used to be a total fat kid....and i've really changed WHAT i eat.
i got really good about when i ate and what i ate and i lost weight and put on a bit of strength.
but before i got in shape my body was a mess....when i think about what he said and just eating 'less' healthy foods it takes me back mentally.

im sure that sounds stupid.
hey bro-sif i used to be 186 at 5' 6"...36" waist so i know what its like! its is good you are sticking to your guns as the healthy eating but as your body changes and goals change you NEED to adapt. if you are not making your desired goals and not making the dietary changes where exactly are you mentally??? think about it! making the required changes is harder and only going to make you that much stronger mentally.

fruit is yummy!

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
ok today i had
3 tuna sandwhiches (before bed early morning)
4 eggs, 16 oz milk, granola bar, pop-tart
3 tuna sandwhiches, amp'd energy drink
whopper from BK (on way to work....was hungry)
tomato chicken cheese tortilla wrap (from work)
schlotskys cheese and chicken wrap, twix bar (woops), 16 oz choc. milk
2 servings of chicken and rice, green beans, 24 oz milk
in 2 hours i will have another helping of chicken and rice and another 16 oz milk w/ an 8 ounce whey protein & milk shake

had school, gym, and work today
weighed myself at the gym (like i always do)....weight hasn't changed in 2 weeks.
didnt have much time between gym, home shower, and work thats why i ate bk.....not a usual thing for me

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
cant get the exact number but i'd round it near 4k
@ 40/40/20 approx

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You need to get exact. You wont be able to track your progress until you know exactly what you're eating. Use excel and map every single calorie/gram. Until you get your diet perfect you wont make progress.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
ok today i had
3 tuna sandwhiches (before bed early morning)
4 eggs, 16 oz milk, granola bar, pop-tart
3 tuna sandwhiches, amp'd energy drink
whopper from BK (on way to work....was hungry)
tomato chicken cheese tortilla wrap (from work)
schlotskys cheese and chicken wrap, twix bar (woops), 16 oz choc. milk
2 servings of chicken and rice, green beans, 24 oz milk
in 2 hours i will have another helping of chicken and rice and another 16 oz milk w/ an 8 ounce whey protein & milk shake

had school, gym, and work today
weighed myself at the gym (like i always do)....weight hasn't changed in 2 weeks.
didnt have much time between gym, home shower, and work thats why i ate bk.....not a usual thing for me

HAHA, chocolate milk, twix bar...so you're not perfect after all :lol: good on you :thumbsup:

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
just use www.fitday.com and count your calories on there.

As for the kiwi fruit, be a man and just eat them with the skin on, you wont even notice the furry skin.

Plates1971

Plates1971

Awards
I may get abused for this but eat more and eat a little more fat...........15% is low in my opinion..... I would change my macros to 40p/30c/30f.......... eat like no other. Eat until you feel sick....once the sickness goes away....eat again. Do you have a cheat day???? Eat dirty that day... eat what you want. If 3000kcals is not doing it add 500 kcals per day every week until you begin to see some sort of weight gain.....what is your somatatype??? Are you an ecto? Are you doing cardio? what does your workout look like bro? Easy ways to add calories and slow hunger is to eat more fat.... eating chicken? Stop and eat beef...... start eating more peanut butter etc. Just a few suggestions off the top of my head..........Peace!

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
I may get abused for this but eat more and eat a little more fat...........15% is low in my opinion..... I would change my macros to 40p/30c/30f.......... eat like no other. Eat until you feel sick....once the sickness goes away....eat again. Do you have a cheat day???? Eat dirty that day... eat what you want. If 3000kcals is not doing it add 500 kcals per day every week until you begin to see some sort of weight gain.....what is your somatatype??? Are you an ecto? Are you doing cardio? what does your workout look like bro? Easy ways to add calories and slow hunger is to eat more fat.... eating chicken? Stop and eat beef...... start eating more peanut butter etc. Just a few suggestions off the top of my head..........Peace!
yes i have a cheat day. im an endo/meso. i eat a variety of different meats. my cardio is minimal.
thanks for the tips.