Protein: Morning vs. Before bed

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I understand that protein consumption in the morning and before bed have their benefits. But I am curious if you can have only one choice, to either consume it either in the morning or before bed. Which would you choose? And why?

S

strongbad23

Awards
I would choose in the morning, get the day started right.

A

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
casein for at night (google it)
carb/protein mourn
post workout protein

this is for a bulk cycle

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
I agree, use a slow to digest protein at night such as casein sadly though compared to normal whey protein it is more expensive. I think you can get away with just filling it in with a smaller meal an hour or two before bed and not worry.

Protein in the morning is easy to take in if you have a normal breakfast. Between eggs/ milk and your choice of sides the protein is already there.

A small night meal may be harder to drum up and a shake would fit well.

S

Saurabh

Awards
I understand that protein consumption in the morning and before bed have their benefits. But I am curious if you can have only one choice, to either consume it either in the morning or before bed. Which would you choose? And why?
That shall depends on when you work out my friend.

If you work out early in the morning(say 5 am), like I do, you are better served with taking a Protein blend before you hit the bed. I prefer a mostly Casein drink with some whey, glutamine,BCAA and some natural peanut butter before I hit the bed. In the morning I grab myself some Stimulant rich Pre workout drink and hit the gym.

On days where I work out little later in the day(say noon of after) I dont really need to fill my body with so much nutrient. So I shall have Whey the first thing in the morning to prevent the breakdown.

Still generally speaking having Protein before bed is the best as your body would be without nutrients for 6-8 hours..not good.