Bison?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Bison?

How does Bison meat compare to Grass Fed beef in terms of taste? From what I've read, it's a little sweeter with no game or wild taste... Also, if you do eat it, what prices do you pay for 1 lb of ground bison?

I've read on here that bison meat may be a bit a dry-marinade recipes? Because I plan to purchase 1 bison fillet along with the ground bison.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

**** I eat bison all the time. To me it does taste gamy and sweet. I usually get a new york style cut, around 14-16 oz and I pay just shy of 20$. Obviously if you go for ground bison it will cost a lot less. As far as the dry rub goes... why buy bison if you are gonna cover up the taste? just save your cash and buy a cow.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

YUM YUM! I love Bison. I usually only purchase the ground bison. I pay $5.50 a pound for it. Its so good, especially with some cubed bell pepper and onion mixed in with it, and thrown on the grill. It doesn't really taste gamey to me at all. To me it tastes like a less greasy burger. :burg:
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

i had some dried Bison the other week (like beef jerky style) it was well rough, tasted like plastic, had to give it to someone else, and i don't give away food much lol
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    i had some dried Bison the other week (like beef jerky style) it was well rough, tasted like plastic, had to give it to someone else, and i don't give away food much lol

AGREED! I bought Bison jerky one time...never again. I gagged when I took a bite, threw the rest away.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    AGREED! I bought Bison jerky one time...never again. I gagged when I took a bite, threw the rest away.
    it actually looks like plastic, well the kind i had did. The smell was like a rubber factory too
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  7. Registered User
    Answers

I love Bison. I would eat it all the time if I couldnt find lean ground beef for about half the price. But if i could afford it, i would be all over it. ANybody know any good internet companies? I have tried to find a site with some good prices but the standard seems to be around $4 per lb.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Grasslandbeef.com

7.29 lb, use coupon code bears25 for 25 % off your first order...

Courtesy of Customizer (owner of Xtreme Formulations)...

The Official Grass Fed Beef Thread

U.S. Wellness Meats Online Store

The butter on that site tastes amazing also... I've been having to use this dreaded Smart Balance, not bad, but no where near as good as that butter...
  9. Registered User
    Answers

thanks for the site but that is still way to expensive for me...damn bison is good though. Its ok maybe when I get my real job this coming new year I can afford to be a big spender...
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hbs6 View Post
    thanks for the site but that is still way to expensive for me...damn bison is good though. Its ok maybe when I get my real job this coming new year I can afford to be a big spender...
    No problem, man, thank you for your input! And yes, I agree, Bison is damn expensive, hence why I may only eat it one-two times a week.
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

We have a buffalo farm near us and buy it quite often. I love the bison meat, not gamey at all. If someone gave you some cooked and did not tell you what it was I doubt you would know the difference.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

hell i know the difference and I think it tastes better, but...

I worked at a restraunt a few years back (will not name it lol) and we ran out of beef one crazy lunch time. So we fired up the bison patties in place of all the beef patties. And...no complaints lol.
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Tastes f**king great, too bad it's expensive.

And for those who prefer corn fed beef to grass fed beef or game meat, your taste buds are *ucked up!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bison Recipes
    By gymaddict20 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 05:46 AM
  2. Anyone eat Bison burgers?
    By Jim Mills in forum Bulking
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 11:34 PM
  3. Anyone try Bison? Yummmmmy!
    By Jim Mills in forum Nutrition / Health