Bison?

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
How does Bison meat compare to Grass Fed beef in terms of taste? From what I've read, it's a little sweeter with no game or wild taste... Also, if you do eat it, what prices do you pay for 1 lb of ground bison?

I've read on here that bison meat may be a bit a dry-marinade recipes? Because I plan to purchase 1 bison fillet along with the ground bison.

gibbob2

gibbob2

Awards
  • Established
**** I eat bison all the time. To me it does taste gamy and sweet. I usually get a new york style cut, around 14-16 oz and I pay just shy of 20$. Obviously if you go for ground bison it will cost a lot less. As far as the dry rub goes... why buy bison if you are gonna cover up the taste? just save your cash and buy a cow.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
YUM YUM! I love Bison. I usually only purchase the ground bison. I pay $5.50 a pound for it. Its so good, especially with some cubed bell pepper and onion mixed in with it, and thrown on the grill. It doesn't really taste gamey to me at all. To me it tastes like a less greasy burger. :burg:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i had some dried Bison the other week (like beef jerky style) it was well rough, tasted like plastic, had to give it to someone else, and i don't give away food much lol

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
i had some dried Bison the other week (like beef jerky style) it was well rough, tasted like plastic, had to give it to someone else, and i don't give away food much lol

AGREED! I bought Bison jerky one time...never again. I gagged when I took a bite, threw the rest away.:gas:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
AGREED! I bought Bison jerky one time...never again. I gagged when I took a bite, threw the rest away.:gas:
it actually looks like plastic, well the kind i had did. The smell was like a rubber factory too :(

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
I love Bison. I would eat it all the time if I couldnt find lean ground beef for about half the price. But if i could afford it, i would be all over it. ANybody know any good internet companies? I have tried to find a site with some good prices but the standard seems to be around $4 per lb.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the site but that is still way to expensive for me...damn bison is good though. Its ok maybe when I get my real job this coming new year I can afford to be a big spender...

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the site but that is still way to expensive for me...damn bison is good though. Its ok maybe when I get my real job this coming new year I can afford to be a big spender...
No problem, man, thank you for your input! And yes, I agree, Bison is damn expensive, hence why I may only eat it one-two times a week.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We have a buffalo farm near us and buy it quite often. I love the bison meat, not gamey at all. If someone gave you some cooked and did not tell you what it was I doubt you would know the difference.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
hell i know the difference and I think it tastes better, but...

I worked at a restraunt a few years back (will not name it lol) and we ran out of beef one crazy lunch time. So we fired up the bison patties in place of all the beef patties. And...no complaints lol.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tastes f**king great, too bad it's expensive.

And for those who prefer corn fed beef to grass fed beef or game meat, your taste buds are *ucked up!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thyrod Recipes 11
WPChickDiesel Nutrition / Health 17
hugry4more Nutrition / Health 30
Recipes 0
Weight Loss 5