Hairloss and protein intake

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72%

Hairloss and protein intake

Just wondering if anyone out there who is losing their hair has noticed a similar pattern in themselves concerning protein ingestion and an itchy scalp with associated hairloss.

I recently noticed after eating a chicken breast on a completely empty stomach that my scalp started to itch within 20 min of eating and whenever my scalp itches my hair will fall out in those itchy areas; this has been happening for years. I've always felt that my hairloss was due my diet whether it was due to sugar, vinegar or in this case, protein.

I've noticed this pattern with a pure rice protein drink, pork and as I mentioned, chicken.

I exercise 3-5 days per week and would hate to go even one day w/o a protein source but I'm thinking it may be necessary . I don't have any food allergies in the traditional sense in that some people will break out with a rash or hives or get an itchy mouth nor will anything upset my stomach. All I notice is that my scalp, especially the back, will get itchy and fall out. It really sucks that I can't feel comfortable getting enough protein without my hair being affected. Thanks

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.24%

Sounds like youre attributing your male pattern baldness to something you can control, your diet. Not likely the cause for the hairloss, imo.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72%

After doing a little research, acidosis comes up. I may try to reduce the acidity of my diet and see if that stops my itchy scalp.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fst Twch View Post
    Just wondering if anyone out there who is losing their hair has noticed a similar pattern in themselves concerning protein ingestion and an itchy scalp with associated hairloss.

I recently noticed after eating a chicken breast on a completely empty stomach that my scalp started to itch within 20 min of eating and whenever my scalp itches my hair will fall out in those itchy areas; this has been happening for years. I've always felt that my hairloss was due my diet whether it was due to sugar, vinegar or in this case, protein.

I've noticed this pattern with a pure rice protein drink, pork and as I mentioned, chicken.

I exercise 3-5 days per week and would hate to go even one day w/o a protein source but I'm thinking it may be necessary . I don't have any food allergies in the traditional sense in that some people will break out with a rash or hives or get an itchy mouth nor will anything upset my stomach. All I notice is that my scalp, especially the back, will get itchy and fall out. It really sucks that I can't feel comfortable getting enough protein without my hair being affected. Thanks
    You can always fast or or do IF/ Intermittent fasting.

The abundance of food today is not natural to humans, homo sapiens or any other kind.

The carbon levels of carnivores in bones were 10 I believe, 1 for herbiovores, fossil remains of a woman show a carbon level of 9!!! next to a wolf!

Eating was most likely very big meals followed by little or no food, fasting due to food availability was also common.

On top of all that, homo sapiens back then had more robust bones, healthier bodies and experienced a lot less aging and very little, if any, "modern diseases" and people say, "you need to eat every 3-4 hours or your muscles will starve and you body will turn it to glucose for energy" While a homo sapien with that diet back then could easily over power one today, even though we share 99% of the same DNA if not more.

Chimpanzees also bald, read up on them too and see what some of the causes are unlike humans, they are not targeted by cosmetic companies so the research would be less biased.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.83%

Isnt hair made from protein?
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent