College Food

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
sup guys, just wondering what you think bout college and their food. it's my first week and well the food never stops cuz i have the unlimited mealplan...but i was just wondering what you guys thought about eating mass amounts of it. also any tips on bodybuilding while in college would be appreciated

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am a full time student but i have a house... check my mlog :)

When i was in the dorms i would eat hardboiled eggs, beef pattys, milk, chicken salads... thats about it...

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
sup guys, just wondering what you think bout college and their food. it's my first week and well the food never stops cuz i have the unlimited mealplan...but i was just wondering what you guys thought about eating mass amounts of it. also any tips on bodybuilding while in college would be appreciated
Dude, you are in college, with an unlimited meal plan. Get huge. Just pick and choose the healthier options and eat your heart out. That's what I did in college. Went from 145 to 175 in two years. You have what most bodybuilders dream of...unlimited access to food. :thumbsup:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea I'm a freshman as well man (and luckily got the best dining hall on campus with the largest meal plan). Grilled chicken is delicious, endless veggies, milk (although its from a machine, I was hoping to cope a whole bunch of it), eggs, steak. MMMM. Getting big isn't the problem, it will be cutting.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
you will find how rough it gets getting good nutrition later in the year when after three o clock nothing on campus but the pizza and fried food place is still open or maybe the gas station during that late night studying/ partying what ever it be...get a foreman grill and stock up on some food you will be glad.. dining halls close semi early which i doubt is when u will be going to sleep.. george foremans are live savers at the dorms..

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea I'm a freshman as well man (and luckily got the best dining hall on campus with the largest meal plan). Grilled chicken is delicious, endless veggies, milk (although its from a machine, I was hoping to cope a whole bunch of it), eggs, steak. MMMM. Getting big isn't the problem, it will be cutting.
Nalgene and a backpack. Got liters of it this way last year. Sometimes I would nick a few cartons of the lactose free milk that they had on the side too.

To the OP, it's quite easy to eat healthy if the options are there. Just follow the golden rules; lots of veggies, lean meats & fish. And get tupperware/bags, unless it's an unlimited mealplan. Watch out for stirfries and pre-made meals, they're crazy high in oil!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
To the OP, it's quite easy to eat healthy if the options are there. Just follow the golden rules; lots of veggies, lean meats & fish. And get tupperware/bags, unless it's an unlimited mealplan. Watch out for stirfries and pre-made meals, they're crazy high in oil!
Nailed it right there... dining halls are for the most part a great thing, but it may be a challenge to eat healthy. Passing up the pizza line in favor of the grilled chicken at the back may take some will. If you start off right, it will become clockwork. Have fun and enjoy yourself, you're in college, but be honest with yourself when your choosing which foods to go with. Try to make no compromises (eating a chicken salad to compensate a pizza... lol, it happens all the time)
Your golden rules almost line up exactly with mine Steveo!
Part of "World Class Fitness in 100 Words" -
"Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat".

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
I moved off campus and ditched the meal plan, I just make my own food. After a few weeks of eating on campus my freshman year i kinda got sick of it anyways, the food wasn't bad but it was the same stuff every week. Plus ever since I started making my own food I dont have to sh!t 15 minutes after everytime I eat so thats kinda nice too.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Nalgene and a backpack. Got liters of it this way last year. Sometimes I would nick a few cartons of the lactose free milk that they had on the side too.

I have already begun my cafe pillaging!

Rah22491

Awards
Can you guys who are in college get grilled chicken and complex carbs from the dining halls eveyday. I heading off to college soon but really want to stick to a super clen diet

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Nutrition in college is easier than out of college. Everything is premade and there is a lot to choose from.

connelly22

Awards
I have to disagree with that...at my college the food is awful! There are a lot of carb filled meals, but rarely anything with protein in it. I always have to resort to beef patties and milk...gets very old!

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
it seems easier for me to eat clean when i live off campus and can shop specific and precook.. rather then relying on what the dining hall has.. i ate lots of double burgers to bulk when i was a freshman