College and Bodybuilding?

1. Registered User
    Answers

College and Bodybuilding?

In a week it will be my first year off at college. My question is due bodybuilding and college mix? My concerns are for my first year i have to be on a meal plan which gives me breakfast and dinner. How do i keep a clean diet with so little options to choose from without going broke?:bruce3:

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

In my experience they mix just fine. If you're dedicated enough, you'll find a way to eat what you need and lift as well.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

im about to experience this as well. Im planning on going in to a bulk MUAHAH. Massive Bulk dude. I have a stove in my apartment though so i can at least cook stuff when i need to.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

It honestly depends on the college, you might luck out and have a wok like at one of the colleges ive been too, or you might have kraft food services. If your dedicated you might need to buy your own, or if your lucky you can get your meals from the cafeteria.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

It really does depend on the cafeteria and food served. But if your creative you should be able to get by. In college I recall them cutting me off a few times, lol.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

i have to share my dorm room with 2 roommates. I'm not allowed to bring a tiny grill or a hot grill. I was thinking off taking food back from the cafeteria, like chicken rice, and cold cuts.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

what about george foreman grill? thats what im puttin in my apartment
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Answers

if you are dorming. get a hot plate. a mini fridge. and a foreman you are set. if your roomate *****es about food being cooked at odd hours hit him with a dumbell.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Most dormitories don't allow any kind of hot plate.. not a gf grill, not even a coffee maker!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

wow that sucks. I have a microwave, GF grill, Mini Oven, full size refridgerator, stove. haha
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Answers

lol then hide em. its not like they dont fit in a corner or under your bed. by any means get it done.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Most dormitories don't allow any kind of hot plate.. not a gf grill, not even a coffee maker!
    lol its not like these things are hard to hide. by any means get it done.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

true to all the above. If u want it badly enough u'll get by. As for cafeteria food, I guess Im lucky, my school has a grill, oamlet bar, eggs, chicken, and sushi!!! and I have a full kitchen, but im in a apartment. But the Foreman is an essential. If we can get bomb on planes, u can get a Foreman in a dorm, haha
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Answers

YEA BUDDY i'm leaving for college too. LSU (GEAUX TIGERS!!!) and i'm also stayin in a dorm. Mini fridges rock man, i'm stocking up on water, MRP's, yogurt, and other stuff. You can bring a microwave so you can cook oatmeal and even eggs if u want. As far as GF grills they aren't allowed into any dorms period!!! same for hot plates. BUTTTTT f**k that just keep it hidden and have it plugged in only when u use it. And i'm not sure...but i think the fine is like 25 or 50 bucks if they catch you.

I'm lucky in that I'm getting the "unlimited meal plan" so i'm prolly gonna go on a MEGA SUPER DUPER HALFASSED CLEAN BULK...if that's possible. It'll workout tho man, after a couple weeks you'll get into a routine and it'll just get easier. Good luck!!!!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by WILL DA BEAST View Post
    YEA BUDDY i'm leaving for college too. LSU (GEAUX TIGERS!!!) and i'm also stayin in a dorm. Mini fridges rock man, i'm stocking up on water, MRP's, yogurt, and other stuff. You can bring a microwave so you can cook oatmeal and even eggs if u want. As far as GF grills they aren't allowed into any dorms period!!! same for hot plates. BUTTTTT f**k that just keep it hidden and have it plugged in only when u use it. And i'm not sure...but i think the fine is like 25 or 50 bucks if they catch you.

I'm lucky in that I'm getting the "unlimited meal plan" so i'm prolly gonna go on a MEGA SUPER DUPER HALFASSED CLEAN BULK...if that's possible. It'll workout tho man, after a couple weeks you'll get into a routine and it'll just get easier. Good luck!!!!
    I have like 12 friends going there this year, I have 1 that plays for their football team too. Paul felio
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JKBB44 View Post
    i have to share my dorm room with 2 roommates. I'm not allowed to bring a tiny grill or a hot grill. I was thinking off taking food back from the cafeteria, like chicken rice, and cold cuts.
    They normally don't let you take it back but there's enough food there to just sit and eat all day!!

I suggest protein power, MRP, anything you can fit in your mini fridge(next to the beer that is)

PM me if you have any questions! you'll have a blast
    SFW and GFH
  17. Registered User
    Answers

You can make due. I wasn't supposed to take food from the cafeteria but i always took the healthy stuff no1 else would eat anyway
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    You can make due. I wasn't supposed to take food from the cafeteria but i always took the healthy stuff no1 else would eat anyway
    just take your backpack with you and load up! just be sure no one is looking.
    SFW and GFH
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    thats what I do, load up with bagels and fruit...and silverware haha
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    I have like 12 friends going there this year, I have 1 that plays for their football team too. Paul felio

tha's cool, what pos. does paul felio play? and i can't wait for college life. it's gonna be diff. but it's gonna be awesome. which college are u goin 2?
  21. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Thats what i did Tupperware FTW!!! lol
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  22. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

This might be a Canadian thing, but the funnest thing to take from the cafeteria was the trays to get sliding down the hills on in the snow

Back on topic, college is a great place to bodybuild because there's always guys to workout with at the gym, and you can get an awesome mealplan or just stock up and do some bulk cooking.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Answers

we stole fruit and froze it..
    then went bowling in the hall ways.
    lol
    SFW and GFH
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Answers

I had no problems my first year.... actually gained a little mass and cut a little fat.... working out was the only thing to do though where i went last year....
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Jack your roommates food cards.

I'm just kidding, looks like everthing's been covered
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    It really does depend on the cafeteria and food served. But if your creative you should be able to get by. In college I recall them cutting me off a few times, lol.
    AND, don't forget to get tupperware/baggies and take shlt out that piece for your snackin's in the ol' backpack! take some p.b. in a container, some oatmeal in another, some apples/bananas, meat in baggies. etc.

listen, it's NOT stealing. THEY THROW A LOT OF THAT STUFF OUT at the end of the night. so, grab some to take to the room, yo!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

My best friend whe i went to college was AP. I was on a meal plan and i t was all you can eat everyday! I gained around 15 pounds in the first month and a half but it was surprisingly clean due to the AP.
  28. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

many of us here, myself included were able to accomplish college (with good grades also) and body building. Necessity is the mother of invention, you will find little ways to make it work. I ate PB n J all the time, it was cheap and easy
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

When I moved off to college is when I started getting more serious about lifting. At first I didn't know anybody and only had a couple friends aside from my girlfriend so I worked out in my free time. Also, college recreation centers can be pretty nice. And how can you say no to a free gym pass? The college I attend (like many) has platforms and is ~90% free weights so it is a very refreshing place to work out. Also, if you're in there lifting at the same time as the athletes then it gives some extra motivation as everyone around you is lifting with good form and pushing their hardest.
    Oh and as far as food is concerned take it from me, without having a stove tuna sandwiches and protein shakes will be your best friend
  30. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by repmks View Post
    lol its not like these things are hard to hide. by any means get it done.
    Till the damn fire alarm in your dorm room goes off....

Do stash a Foreman grill in your room if you have a kitchen on your floor. Then its all good!
  31. Registered User
    Answers

i just got my got my hands on a foreman grill and this has definitely made my cut a little easier.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

In the first year you'll learn alot of tricks dealing with eating. Might not be as clean as you'd like your diet to be but just offset it with cardio. If you can control your drinking college is prime for blowing up, and the girls love it.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Answers

Yay for community college. Eat whatever the hell I want. Lol props to you guys though, im just jealous. Hah
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sinon View Post
    Yay for community college. Eat whatever the hell I want. Lol props to you guys though, im just jealous. Hah
    I'll trade you my debt
  35. UKStrength

Is there anyone in your dorms that is self-catered?

In my first year the food was absolutely shocking (as in inedible some days), to be fair though my vegetarian flatmate had it worse...so he turned to the darkside (started eating meat), but I digress...

So I got friendly with some of the self-catered students and asked if I could use their oven (at first) eventually, I managed to get use of their freezer, microwave, storage space...

Anyways, if you do that you could cook a load of food up and have it ready in tupperware for when you're in your own room! No mess, just leave it all in their kitchen

University is great
  36. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I'm glad I'm not the only one about to experience the challenge of living the college lifestyle alongside the bodybuilder's lifestyle.
  37. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by AmericnMuscle View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one about to experience the challenge of living the college lifestyle alongside the bodybuilder's lifestyle.
    It's not so bad mate, just try to maintain a balance between partying, work and training. If you don't let any predominate, none will suffer
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  162 lbs.
    Answers

The dieting part is easy they should have plenty of fairly healthy options that'll do ya good. The drinking alcohol is the hard part to keep from doing.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How many of you are still in college?
    By TexasLifter89 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 06:03 PM
  2. college
    By at1010 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 09:18 PM
  3. Bodybuilding and DORM\COLLEGE LIFE
    By pudzian2 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 10:24 PM
  4. Replies: 9