College and Bodybuilding?

JKBB44

Awards
In a week it will be my first year off at college. My question is due bodybuilding and college mix? My concerns are for my first year i have to be on a meal plan which gives me breakfast and dinner. How do i keep a clean diet with so little options to choose from without going broke?:bruce3:

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
In my experience they mix just fine. If you're dedicated enough, you'll find a way to eat what you need and lift as well.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
im about to experience this as well. Im planning on going in to a bulk MUAHAH. Massive Bulk dude. I have a stove in my apartment though so i can at least cook stuff when i need to.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
It honestly depends on the college, you might luck out and have a wok like at one of the colleges ive been too, or you might have kraft food services. If your dedicated you might need to buy your own, or if your lucky you can get your meals from the cafeteria.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It really does depend on the cafeteria and food served. But if your creative you should be able to get by. In college I recall them cutting me off a few times, lol.

JKBB44

Awards
i have to share my dorm room with 2 roommates. I'm not allowed to bring a tiny grill or a hot grill. I was thinking off taking food back from the cafeteria, like chicken rice, and cold cuts.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
what about george foreman grill? thats what im puttin in my apartment

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
if you are dorming. get a hot plate. a mini fridge. and a foreman you are set. if your roomate *****es about food being cooked at odd hours hit him with a dumbell.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Most dormitories don't allow any kind of hot plate.. not a gf grill, not even a coffee maker!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
wow that sucks. I have a microwave, GF grill, Mini Oven, full size refridgerator, stove. haha

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
lol then hide em. its not like they dont fit in a corner or under your bed. by any means get it done.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
true to all the above. If u want it badly enough u'll get by. As for cafeteria food, I guess Im lucky, my school has a grill, oamlet bar, eggs, chicken, and sushi!!! and I have a full kitchen, but im in a apartment. But the Foreman is an essential. If we can get bomb on planes, u can get a Foreman in a dorm, haha

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
YEA BUDDY i'm leaving for college too. LSU (GEAUX TIGERS!!!) and i'm also stayin in a dorm. Mini fridges rock man, i'm stocking up on water, MRP's, yogurt, and other stuff. You can bring a microwave so you can cook oatmeal and even eggs if u want. As far as GF grills they aren't allowed into any dorms period!!! same for hot plates. BUTTTTT f**k that just keep it hidden and have it plugged in only when u use it. And i'm not sure...but i think the fine is like 25 or 50 bucks if they catch you.

I'm lucky in that I'm getting the "unlimited meal plan" so i'm prolly gonna go on a MEGA SUPER DUPER HALFASSED CLEAN BULK...if that's possible. It'll workout tho man, after a couple weeks you'll get into a routine and it'll just get easier. Good luck!!!!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
YEA BUDDY i'm leaving for college too. LSU (GEAUX TIGERS!!!) and i'm also stayin in a dorm. Mini fridges rock man, i'm stocking up on water, MRP's, yogurt, and other stuff. You can bring a microwave so you can cook oatmeal and even eggs if u want. As far as GF grills they aren't allowed into any dorms period!!! same for hot plates. BUTTTTT f**k that just keep it hidden and have it plugged in only when u use it. And i'm not sure...but i think the fine is like 25 or 50 bucks if they catch you.

I'm lucky in that I'm getting the "unlimited meal plan" so i'm prolly gonna go on a MEGA SUPER DUPER HALFASSED CLEAN BULK...if that's possible. It'll workout tho man, after a couple weeks you'll get into a routine and it'll just get easier. Good luck!!!!
I have like 12 friends going there this year, I have 1 that plays for their football team too. Paul felio

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
i have to share my dorm room with 2 roommates. I'm not allowed to bring a tiny grill or a hot grill. I was thinking off taking food back from the cafeteria, like chicken rice, and cold cuts.
They normally don't let you take it back but there's enough food there to just sit and eat all day!!

I suggest protein power, MRP, anything you can fit in your mini fridge(next to the beer that is)

PM me if you have any questions! you'll have a blast

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can make due. I wasn't supposed to take food from the cafeteria but i always took the healthy stuff no1 else would eat anyway :D

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
You can make due. I wasn't supposed to take food from the cafeteria but i always took the healthy stuff no1 else would eat anyway :D
just take your backpack with you and load up! just be sure no one is looking.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
I have like 12 friends going there this year, I have 1 that plays for their football team too. Paul felio

tha's cool, what pos. does paul felio play? and i can't wait for college life. it's gonna be diff. but it's gonna be awesome. which college are u goin 2?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This might be a Canadian thing, but the funnest thing to take from the cafeteria was the trays to get sliding down the hills on in the snow :D

Back on topic, college is a great place to bodybuild because there's always guys to workout with at the gym, and you can get an awesome mealplan or just stock up and do some bulk cooking.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
we stole fruit and froze it..
then went bowling in the hall ways.
lol

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
I had no problems my first year.... actually gained a little mass and cut a little fat.... working out was the only thing to do though where i went last year....

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jack your roommates food cards.

I'm just kidding, looks like everthing's been covered

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
It really does depend on the cafeteria and food served. But if your creative you should be able to get by. In college I recall them cutting me off a few times, lol.
AND, don't forget to get tupperware/baggies and take shlt out that piece for your snackin's in the ol' backpack! take some p.b. in a container, some oatmeal in another, some apples/bananas, meat in baggies. etc.

listen, it's NOT stealing. THEY THROW A LOT OF THAT STUFF OUT at the end of the night. so, grab some to take to the room, yo!

cjbadboy

Awards
My best friend whe i went to college was AP. I was on a meal plan and i t was all you can eat everyday! I gained around 15 pounds in the first month and a half but it was surprisingly clean due to the AP.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
many of us here, myself included were able to accomplish college (with good grades also) and body building. Necessity is the mother of invention, you will find little ways to make it work. I ate PB n J all the time, it was cheap and easy

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
When I moved off to college is when I started getting more serious about lifting. At first I didn't know anybody and only had a couple friends aside from my girlfriend so I worked out in my free time. Also, college recreation centers can be pretty nice. And how can you say no to a free gym pass? The college I attend (like many) has platforms and is ~90% free weights so it is a very refreshing place to work out. Also, if you're in there lifting at the same time as the athletes then it gives some extra motivation as everyone around you is lifting with good form and pushing their hardest.
Oh and as far as food is concerned take it from me, without having a stove tuna sandwiches and protein shakes will be your best friend :trout:

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
lol its not like these things are hard to hide. by any means get it done.
Till the damn fire alarm in your dorm room goes off....

Do stash a Foreman grill in your room if you have a kitchen on your floor. Then its all good!

JKBB44

Awards
i just got my got my hands on a foreman grill and this has definitely made my cut a little easier.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
In the first year you'll learn alot of tricks dealing with eating. Might not be as clean as you'd like your diet to be but just offset it with cardio. If you can control your drinking college is prime for blowing up, and the girls love it.

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Yay for community college. Eat whatever the hell I want. Lol props to you guys though, im just jealous. Hah

UKStrength

Is there anyone in your dorms that is self-catered?

In my first year the food was absolutely shocking (as in inedible some days), to be fair though my vegetarian flatmate had it worse...so he turned to the darkside (started eating meat), but I digress...

So I got friendly with some of the self-catered students and asked if I could use their oven (at first) eventually, I managed to get use of their freezer, microwave, storage space...

Anyways, if you do that you could cook a load of food up and have it ready in tupperware for when you're in your own room! No mess, just leave it all in their kitchen ;)

University is great :D

AmericnMuscle

Banned
Awards
I'm glad I'm not the only one about to experience the challenge of living the college lifestyle alongside the bodybuilder's lifestyle.

UKStrength

I'm glad I'm not the only one about to experience the challenge of living the college lifestyle alongside the bodybuilder's lifestyle.
It's not so bad mate, just try to maintain a balance between partying, work and training. If you don't let any predominate, none will suffer ;)

Da 1 Pumpin

Awards
The dieting part is easy they should have plenty of fairly healthy options that'll do ya good. The drinking alcohol is the hard part to keep from doing.