If YOU had 40 a week to spend on Food

cjbadboy

Awards
Just tryin to figure out what your guys essentials are.
Staples in the 40 for me would be chicken, skim milk, and tuna...but let me know how you do it!

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
hmm....$40 isn't much compared to what i usually eat :food: so i'd stick to the basics:

skim milk
Lg container of plain oatmeal
eggs
bag of brown rice
5lbs bulk ground beef 85/15 (leaner = more expensive)
frozen veggies

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Staples in the 40 for me would be chicken, skim milk, and tuna...but let me know how you do it!
That's tough, especially considering food costs. Ground turkey, chicken, tuna and whey would be my staples. I would steal as many complex carbs from other people as possible :)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Canned tuna
Ground oats
skim milk
eggs
apples
bananas
spinach
wheat bread
sunflower seeds (unsalted)

Last edited:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tuna
Eggs
Wheat pasta
Peanut Butter
Spinach
Blueberries

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Eggs
Wheat Bread
Nectarines
Lettuce
Ham
Chicken
Marie's Creamy Caesar

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
If I had $40 to spend on food each week I'd get a better job.

Eggs
Ground Beef
Oatmeal
Whole Wheat Pasta

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I spend 47 a week on my current diet. Chicken, tuna, pb, string cheese, turkey sausage, eggs, egg beaters, turkey burger, bratwurst and EVOO.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Just buy ALOT of eggs and tuna...im dieting right now and thats all i eat at EVERY meal...it sucks but its very cheap...

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Go to Costco, Sams Club or something like that.

Buy the following in bulk:

Tuna, ground beef(70/30), bulk pork, sweet potatoes and vegetables.

You can definitely manage with $40 a week, if you don't mind repetition, I've been eating the same thing day in and day out for the last 3 weeks, either tuna/salmon with mayo, sweet potatoe and veggies or pork chops with sweet potatoes and veggies, it's not the money, I just hate any kind of cooking.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
1- med pizza
3- 40ozbeers
1-3 min lapdance

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Buy in Bulk at sams club or costco

Omen is a good example of what to do with limited income. I've had this situation before. You can always apply to food stamps if your not making enough. I did and it helped me save 150 $$ a month on food(which was gone in two weeks max)

lector606

lector606

Awards
I did 35 for a while :)

oats, tuna, eggs, milk, pasta, peanut butter, cottage cheese, frozen veggies, frozen fruit or bananas

i probably had 4 bowls of oats with peanut butter a day for all of first year (whey when i had it around)

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Food in the states is SO cheap. I blew a load when I walked into Costco for the first time when I was over there. They even give you free food at the end of each aisle, just to keep you going. I didn't want to leave!

nevaTOObig

nevaTOObig

Awards
Food in the states is SO cheap. I blew a load when I walked into Costco for the first time when I was over there. They even give you free food at the end of each aisle, just to keep you going. I didn't want to leave!
i hear that my man, shopping is Aus sucks for sure...

40 bucks would get me a few dozen eggs, some rice and some ground beef if i was lucky...

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
chicken breasts (frozen)
brown rice
bag of potatoes
oats
eggs
tuna

cjbadboy

Awards
HAHA ya forty is pretty slim pickins...luckily me and my roomates split the bill though. Im pretty consistent witht what you guys got except i need more fruits and veggies! Thanks for the feedback

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im drunk.

hollaaaaaaa. ship ittttttt.

$37 for a bottle of Jameson.

g37SkylineGTR

Awards
Mcdonalds dollar menu will do you wonders:bb3:

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
I would by a 5lb tub of ON Whey every week, and use it all. Then I would hunt the rest of my food with my bare hands (good cardio), I would eat mostly dear and rabbit. Also instead of mowing my yard I would just sit outside and graze for a couple hours. Anything else if felt hungry for I would just steal from my neighbors house, running from the police is just more cardio.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
one bag chicken breast (7 bucks
two boxes turkey burgers (8 bucks
one 5-dozen count egg container (9 bucks
5 bags of beans (3-5 bucks
one 2 lb. bag of corn (3 bucks
one big bag brocolli (3 bucks
one bag cheap apples (3 bucks
one bag brown rice (2 bucks

total is 40 bucks.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
You nailed it.Best diet for a low budget.I know I been there and done it.
it's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalright. but it contains no veggies/fruits. apples are full of digestive enzyme/fiber and brocolli is a good, natural anti-e with many other benefits. and the grains you got in there are not complete proteins, and nothing within that diet is complimentary to them. so, i'd suggest some beans with that rice and some p.b. with that oatmeal. digestible proteins are far better than constant gas. foods that aren't meat/dairy have to work in synergy with one another.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I did 35 for a while :)

oats, tuna, eggs, milk, pasta, peanut butter, cottage cheese, frozen veggies, frozen fruit or bananas

i probably had 4 bowls of oats with peanut butter a day for all of first year (whey when i had it around)
solid.

3PeteNC

3PeteNC

Awards
All this food talk is making me hungry! :donut: :burger:

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
ground beef
chicken
rice