I'm having digestion problems with white chicken

Coldsnap

Awards
For the past month I have been having really bad stomach aches and gas after eating white chicken. I mostly eat it with a vegetable and a carbohydrate. Its very uncomfortable and so far the only thing that relieves the stomach pain is drinking a soda (which I don't like to do). I bought a super enzymes tablet that would help but I shouldn't have to take a digestion enzymes every time I eat chicken. I'd like to know more about this and why I am experiencing this. Any information would help.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
So you're having uncomfortable pains in your stomach when you eat a chicken breast? You might be allergic to chicken, although that's a fairly rare occurance.

Although allergic reactions can occur to virtually any food, research studies on food allergy consistently report more problems with some foods than with others. Common symptoms associated with an allergic reaction to food include: chronic gastrointestinal disturbances; frequent infections, e.g. ear infections, bladder infections, bed-wetting; asthma, sinusitis; eczema, skin rash, acne, hives; bursitis, joint pain; fatigue, headache, migraine; hyperactivity, depression, insomnia.

It might be worth asking a doctor next time you are in for a check up.

Coldsnap

Awards
Oh wow allergic to chicken. I guess it could be possible because its common to have some allergies start up when you are 20. I would be so upset if I was

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
It's all I could find in the five to ten minutes I spent researching. So don't get too worried just yet. I'm no doctor, but I'm sure one could put this problem to rest one way or another. Good luck boss. :thumbsup:

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Where is it from? grocery store, local meat market, your backyard etc?

Are you cooking it yourself? Do you check to make sure the internal temp is high enough, especially if it was frozen?

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I have the same issue with chicken, even organic. Pork is much better on my system, beef and buffalo cause no issues whatsoever, it's almost as if there is nothing to digest. I don't know why that is, I think it has to do with the meat itself, despite the label.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where is it from? grocery store, local meat market, your backyard etc?

Are you cooking it yourself? Do you check to make sure the internal temp is high enough, especially if it was frozen?
I ate raw turkey and chicken more than once after being frozen for almost a month, no issues whatsoever.

Raw meat never gives me problems, it's over cooked meat that always messes up my stomach.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which vegetables?