I cant think of a good title so just come read what i have to ask...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I need help with my macros. Im not too great at finding them so if someone could help me that would be great. Here is what i have thus far (if they are accurate im not sure}

male
166 Lbs

3000 Calories
332 calories from fat
36 G fat per day
664 calories from protein
249 G protein3

Im running into problems with that low of Fat intake though. As healthy as I eat I am still easily doubling it with my Peanuts, Natty PB, Almonds, Eggs, and oatmeal. If there are any suggestiongs as to how to get around this it would be greatly appreciated.

also, Im about to move into my first apartment, I will no longer be under the parents food pantry, What are some cheap foods that are healthy that can provide my macro needs?

thanks, tex :twisted:

AaronTech

Awards
2% cottage cheese helps a bunch, as well las 2% milk (chocolate is better).

That's really all I can think of, lol.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah i take cottage cheese before bed as my version of casein

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you looking to add fat add one of the many great oils. Any of them can be added to shakes or on top of salads/meats and they taste good:

Enova oil (my fav as its high in poly fats)
EVOO
Safflower oil (similar to evoo profile)
Grapeseed oil

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
If you looking to add fat add one of the many great oils. Any of them can be added to shakes or on top of salads/meats and they taste good:

Enova oil (my fav as its high in poly fats)
EVOO
Safflower oil (similar to evoo profile)
Grapeseed oil
im trying to figure out my macros and see if they are correct

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
hang on you want more fat in your diet or less? if you want more then i'd go with adding some oils to your shakes. barely makes the flavour any different. DO NOT use fishoil, oh the memories.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well right now your at 20/70/10 (P/C/F) according to what you posted above. I guess I am lost are you asking for what they should be?

The oils are relatively cheap too in terms of paying for your own grub.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
hang on you want more fat in your diet or less? if you want more then i'd go with adding some oils to your shakes. barely makes the flavour any different. DO NOT use fishoil, oh the memories.
Well I just want to find out if i did my MACROS correctly. I dont think i did. But, if what I have in post 1 is correct then that means I have already over consumed on my daily fat intakes, which mean i need to cut out fat from my diet.

Can anyone check to see if i did my macros correctly for me?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
im trying to figure out my macros and see if they are correct
oh right well.

36gm fat = 324 cals
249g pro = 996 (1gm protein is 4 cals right?)

so 1680 cals from carbs = 420gm carbs?

56/33/11

i hope this iswhat you were refering to....

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
oh right well.

36gm fat = 324 cals
249g pro = 996 (1gm protein is 4 cals right?)

so 1680 cals from carbs = 420gm carbs?

56/33/11

i hope this iswhat you were refering to....
im looking to hit a 45-40-15

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
So you are eating 500g of carbs a day?
why not try a basic 40/40/20 tex
300g protein 300g Carbs ~70g fats = a little of 3000
As for cheap foods stock up on bulk oatmeal, bulk flax seed, eggs, tuna, and when meats on sale go to town.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
So you are eating 500g of carbs a day?
why not try a basic 40/40/20 tex
300g protein 300g Carbs ~70g fats = a little of 3000
As for cheap foods stock up on bulk oatmeal, bulk flax seed, eggs, tuna, and when meats on sale go to town.
i'd prefer to keep my fats around 15 if possible, Im about to start up some AP and Yellow Gold with some other goodies sometime next month so im trying to get my diet on track to reap the benefits of them

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
GET MORE FAT!!
Your young and your body wants to make testosterone. Guess where testosterone comes from.....Dietary Fats. If you don't have your fats make up at least 20% of your daily intake your going to drop your natural hormonal balance, force your body to conserve what fats it already has, develop dry skin and poorly lubricated joints. Did you know your brains mostly made up of fats? Have you ever noticed that some of the most effective supplemets (fish oil, DCP, sesamin, X-Factor,etc) are all based on fats. Dont be scared of fats, just try to get a nice balance of saturated/poly/mono and you will be set.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GET MORE FAT!!
Your young and your body wants to make testosterone. Guess where testosterone comes from.....Dietary Fats. If you don't have your fats make up at least 20% of your daily intake your going to drop your natural hormonal balance, force your body to conserve what fats it already has, develop dry skin and poorly lubricated joints. Did you know your brains mostly made up of fats? Have you ever noticed that some of the most effective supplemets (fish oil, DCP, sesamin, X-Factor,etc) are all based on fats. Dont be scared of fats, just try to get a nice balance of saturated/poly/mono and you will be set.
x2. There is a reason there are ESSENTIAL fats.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Here's some tips from one of the top guys in the field:
• Diets higher in protein, cholesterol, and saturated fat — as well as total fat content — tend to maintain higher T levels. John wouldn't recommend eating large amounts of saturated fats and cholesterol, but what he does recommend for maximizing T levels during a growth phase is eating a diet consisting of about 30% of the calories from fat. Of this fat, about 30% should come from saturates and cholesterol. If you're training hard, the cardio protective effects of the training and the 70% good fats (fish, flax, and olive) will far outweigh any negatives of moderate amounts of saturated fat and cholesterol in the diet.

• John's a big proponent of supplementing with fish oils that are high in DHA and EPA. These omega-3 fatty acids can lead to losses of body fat, a nutrient partitioning effect shifted toward growth of lean tissues and loss of fat tissues, and increased insulin sensitivity. You'll get all this in addition to the healthy heart and blood vessels that you'll have. Fish oil rules.
Read this article too:
TESTOSTERONE NATION - Saturated Fat: Killer or Testosterone Booster?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
so

3000 calories
300G carb
300G Protein
70G fats

that sounds good for a bulk @ 166LBS?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
so

3000 calories
300G carb
300G Protein
70G fats

Give it a try, in a couple weeks if your not gaining anything up your total calories by 500g's mainly from extra fats and a few carbs and protein. If you find you are gaining to much lower it a bit mainly from the carbs then a little fat. Check out this article, http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=460027 and absorb everything it has to offer. This very basic stuff that will greatly enhance your progress in the gym and better your life in general. Trust me you will get to a point where you can't rely on a young metabolism to keep you at your best so its better to start early with a great nutrition plan.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Give it a try, in a couple weeks if your not gaining anything up your total calories by 500g's mainly from extra fats and a few carbs and protein. If you find you are gaining to much lower it a bit mainly from the carbs then a little fat. Check out this article, http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=460027 and absorb everything it has to offer. This very basic stuff that will greatly enhance your progress in the gym and better your life in general. Trust me you will get to a point where you can't rely on a young metabolism to keep you at your best so its better to start early with a great nutrition plan.
Yup Yup alright thanks Paul!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
so

3000 calories
300G carb
300G Protein
70G fats

hell yeah. thats a good split for a guy your size. more then im getting in at the moment and i got a cheeky 80lbs on you mate.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
GET MORE FAT!!
That was just...well...a really good post lol. Well done brodifiah!!!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established

3000 x .45 = 1350/4 = 337.5g protein
3000 x .40 = 1200/4 = 300g carbs
3000 x .15 = 450/09 = 50g fat

Change underlined according to desired caloric intake
Change bolded according to desired macros
Change italics according to the product of the initial equation.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
3000 x .45 = 1350/4 = 337.5g protein
3000 x .40 = 1200/4 = 300g carbs
3000 x .15 = 450/09 = 50g fat
thanks rugger! Paul talked me into keeping my fats @ 20% though.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
I need help with my macros. Im not too great at finding them so if someone could help me that would be great. Here is what i have thus far (if they are accurate im not sure}

male
166 Lbs

3000 Calories
332 calories from fat
36 G fat per day
664 calories from protein
249 G protein3

Im running into problems with that low of Fat intake though. As healthy as I eat I am still easily doubling it with my Peanuts, Natty PB, Almonds, Eggs, and oatmeal. If there are any suggestiongs as to how to get around this it would be greatly appreciated.

also, Im about to move into my first apartment, I will no longer be under the parents food pantry, What are some cheap foods that are healthy that can provide my macro needs?

thanks, tex :twisted:
sweet potato
potato
brown rice
chicken
eggs
peanut butter

all cheap

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I'd even recommend higher than 20% fats during a bulk. Just making sure that they are fairly healthy fats. I'm bulking now too Tex and I add almonds, peanut butter, 4% cottage cheese, and the grand daddy of bulkers Heavy Cream. Add Heavy Cream to your shakes instead of milk and watch those calories mount up.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I'd even recommend higher than 20% fats during a bulk. Just making sure that they are fairly healthy fats. I'm bulking now too Tex and I add almonds, peanut butter, 4% cottage cheese, and the grand daddy of bulkers Heavy Cream. Add Heavy Cream to your shakes instead of milk and watch those calories mount up.
we have the exact same fats nabisco except for heavy cream...sounds good though man! WHere have you been btw? havent seen you around much lately brethren

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tex if I have 1 piece of advice for you, it's don't cut your fats that low. I did it in 1st year and almost screwed up my hormones. Do a 40/40/20 like Pmiller suggested, and his food suggestions were spot on too.

Carbs: Oatmeal, Sweetpotato, Wholewheat Bread/Wraps
Protein: Eggs&Whites, Lean Meats & Fish,
Fats; Almonds, Pistachios, Peanuts, Coconut Oil

If you got a meal plan, get deep pockets and ziploc ;)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Tex if I have 1 piece of advice for you, it's don't cut your fats that low. I did it in 1st year and almost screwed up my hormones. Do a 40/40/20 like Pmiller suggested, and his food suggestions were spot on too.

Carbs: Oatmeal, Sweetpotato, Wholewheat Bread/Wraps
Protein: Eggs&Whites, Lean Meats & Fish,
Fats; Almonds, Pistachios, Peanuts, Coconut Oil

If you got a meal plan, get deep pockets and ziploc ;)
Yup i get to freshly stock my apartment sunday so im trying to get all this down before then so i know what to buy

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
we have the exact same fats nabisco except for heavy cream...sounds good though man! WHere have you been btw? havent seen you around much lately brethren
Work's been kicking as a$$. I have the misfortune of having to travel, most of the time internationally (which would be cool except for the people I work with being morons and incredibly boring). So sometimes I just don't catch the time to roam the forums.