how much protein is too much?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    It's home study with exams at the end of it.

It's through premier global training. It's REPS accredited so thats a good thing. How are you finding it?
    i like the ISSA one, its a little repetitive, but its good, the hardest thing is remembering the sports values for all the vitamins which are much higher then the RDAs

its conflicts with what i learned in school , which isnt really anything i didnt know .

2. Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Yes

I started my sports nutrition diploma and following the advice contained in the course, i reduced my protein intake from 250g per day to 140. I also (and this is what i feel is the important bit) i made sure muscle glycogen levels were as full as possible before training and i made sure i sufficiently re-fulled afterwards. Anyway without going into too much detail i added 3/4 inch onto my arms in around 5 weeks. It was a big deal to me because previously it had taken my quite a lot longer to achieve the same gains.
    So, you basically replaced protein calories with carb calories and scheduled them around your workout. Interesting. How many times/day did you eat? How many cals/day. How much fat were you eating?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i like the ISSA one, its a little repetitive, but its good, the hardest thing is remembering the sports values for all the vitamins which are much higher then the RDAs

its conflicts with what i learned in school , which isnt really anything i didnt know .
    yeah there's a lot to take in regarding vitamins and minerals in my course. There's also a big section on food contamination aswell which i could have done without. All in all it's ok tho

4. Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    yeah there's a lot to take in regarding vitamins and minerals in my course. There's also a big section on food contamination aswell which i could have done without. All in all it's ok tho

yea, the dieting stuff i dont agree with, i think if you diet, ketosis is key with a moderate fat (healthy) and high protein, and low low carbs,

they do the whole calorie counting, i dont count calories, i count macros. all calories are not created equal

5. If protein is too high you risk gluconeogenesis.

The question is, when taking AAS into account, how much more protein could you use or synthesize without reaching gluconeogenesis?

If you can sythesize 50x more...
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    yea, the dieting stuff i dont agree with, i think if you diet, ketosis is key with a moderate fat (healthy) and high protein, and low low carbs,

they do the whole calorie counting, i dont count calories, i count macros. all calories are not created equal
    Hmm suppose they have to go safety first tho don't they.

I can't really argue anyway, since i've followed the advice in there, results have been brilliant. Much better than the progress i was making from moderate carbs - 300g of protein per day anyway

7. Quote Originally Posted by mapshooter View Post
    So, you basically replaced protein calories with carb calories and scheduled them around your workout. Interesting. How many times/day did you eat? How many cals/day. How much fat were you eating?
    I was eating every 3 hours.

High carb breakfast (low gi)

moderate -low throughout the day (low gi)

150g 3 hours before workout (low gi)

70 immediately after (high gi)

50 one hour later (high gi)

50 one hour later (moderate gi)

50 one hour later (low gi)

Fat intake was around 45g

Oh and apparently you only need an extra 1.5g protein and 30g of carbs to support 1lb muscle increase.

Again it worked for me. Sure people will disagree with it, but all i can say i've honestly made more progress in these last 2 months then i had previously made in about 8.

8. Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    If protein is too high you risk gluconeogenesis.

The question is, when taking AAS into account, how much more protein could you use or synthesize without reaching gluconeogenesis?

If you can sythesize 50x more...
    It doesn't say in my course

9. According to Fitday, I take in 540g of protein on workout days, about 70-100g/meal.

*shrugs*

Works for me.

I also drink 2-3+ gallons of water a day.

10. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    According to Fitday, I take in 540g of protein on workout days, about 70-100g/meal.

*shrugs*

Works for me.

I also drink 2-3+ gallons of water a day.
    That's a lot.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 01:06 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 08:24 PM
  3. For Sale: LG lipo protein...5 lb protein (Protein)
    By spres444 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 08:57 PM