need help!!!!!

jamo30

Awards
so i suffered a stress fracture and 2 buldging discs in my lower back. i play college basketball and will be forced to medical redshirt this year. before the injury i lifted weights almost religously and really saw alot of good results. when i graduated high school i weighed 196 lbs and was told by my coach that i probably wouldnt see much playing time until i hit the weight room. i took this too heart. by the time i started college i was up to 6'7" 220 not sure about body fat but prob around 10%. at one point i actually weighed 238 lbs at prolly more like 15% bf (went a little heavy on the carbs).

any ways since the injury i have not done anything physical cant even do pushups. and its been about 3 months. i probably got about 3 months to go before i can start rehab and im already about 205 lbs and have lost a considerable amount of muscle mass.

i am basically wondering if there is some sort of diet that could help me maintain weight and not gain body fat i really cant afford to lose more weight at my position. any help would be appreciated thanks

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Find out how many calories you burn being sedentary by using the metabolic rate calculator and know where to start. Keep your carbs low since you're not doing much of anything and don't need any 'on demand' energy. 50p 30c 20f maybe? Keep a close eye on your weight to see if you're going too far up or down. make sure you're getting plenty of fruit and vegis.

You should vote for our injury section we're trying to figure out if it's worth creating.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
hey man sorry to hear about that. i agree w/ jayhawk tho, keep protein intake pretty high and carbs fairly low. anything to keep you from going catabolic will help. be sure to keep motivated and think positive. the people on this board are awesome and will def. help with that.

good luck bro, we're rootin' for u

jamo30

Awards
Find out how many calories you burn being sedentary by using the metabolic rate calculator and know where to start. Keep your carbs low since you're not doing much of anything and don't need any 'on demand' energy. 50p 30c 20f maybe? Keep a close eye on your weight to see if you're going too far up or down. make sure you're getting plenty of fruit and vegis.

You should vote for our injury section we're trying to figure out if it's worth creating.
thanks bro. ill def keep this info in mind. where do i go to vote for the injury section?

jamo30

Awards
hey man sorry to hear about that. i agree w/ jayhawk tho, keep protein intake pretty high and carbs fairly low. anything to keep you from going catabolic will help. be sure to keep motivated and think positive. the people on this board are awesome and will def. help with that.

good luck bro, we're rootin' for u
thanks alot man. i always try to stay positive and i know everything will work out. back injuries just take forever to heal :( cant wait to eventually get back in the gym