So i just started Fire Fighter training....

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
And was wondering what were some good foods/snacks to eat that will help me stay energized and hydrated and not leave me puking lol. We have been training all day in full turnout gear and the 90+ degree georgia humid heat and i sweat buckets. Also i still have 5 1/2 of training to go so it will only get worse lol. Thx

Last edited:
Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Fruit will give you both hydration and energy so I would suggest eating a few servings of fruit per day along with whatever else you choose.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Where are you going to be a f/f? I've beena firefighter/medic on the southside of Atlanta for 11 years. Good luck in your training man.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
cobb county. I eat lots of bananas. and i think kiwi has more potassium so i might start eating them more but i was looking for more specifics like bars or concoctions that people have found that help them through intense exercises that sit well on the stomach

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
When you eat, don't hesistate to throw on that extra salt. Sounds primitive almost, but it's effective for retaining fluid for those lengthy days.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
Almonds, and any kind of nuts really, beef jerky, fruit (including dry fruit). You can even bring a small cooler/lunch box and make a protein shake from home, throw it in there along with any fruits. Also throw in lots of water and maybe a gatorade or two.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
almonds, nuts, fruits, protein shakes. Oh and TONS of water.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
i drink lots of gatorade and i just ran out of protein powder so im going to have to buy more. I drink about 2 gallons of fluids a day on days that we spend the whole day in the fire tower in full turnout gear. Ill probably make some form of trail mix. I dont think i can do jerky. Too expensive and im not sure how my stomach would handle it. I would love to buy some posiedon but i dont think i can budget it in right now. Took quite a pay cut to follow a dream