Power lifting diet

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I have never powerlifted in my life. I have always been very lean and never had tremendous strength. I am starting to train with them in the comming weeks. They all have massive benches, squats and deads... I was looking for ideas to gain more strength and they told me to start training with them. My concern is that I will not be able to eat enough . How should i change my diet? I have always had an extremely hight metabolism. I am currently 6ft4, 230 pds... if i lose track of my diet for month or 2 I easily drop down to 215-210. I am open to any suggestions on how to eat while I train with them.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Eggs, Steaks, Heavy Cream

Seriously a lot of powerlifters dont keep the best diets but they eat a ton of calories. Fats will be beneficial to you because they will give you a ton of calories and lubricate your joints. Olive oil, nuts, seeds, meat, eggs, etc are all good foods.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not that i am the most model candidate for a perfect diet, but check out my logs. They may give you a few ideas.

Good luck!

Bench Champ

Awards
You dont have to be fat and eat like crap to be strong.

Many powerlifters have horrible diets and gain unnecessary bodyfat simply because it is the easiest way. Not the best way.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You dont have to be fat and eat like crap to be strong.

Many powerlifters have horrible diets and gain unnecessary bodyfat simply because it is the easiest way. Not the best way.
Inefficiency.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Agree with Bench Champ, look at Ivan Stoitsov, he is a Bulgarian powerlifter, the guy won gold at the 2007 Weight Lifting World Championship where he did 205kg Clean&Jerk. To put it in perspective, that was exactly 2.7X his body weight (76kg)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAuS0R4dozs"]YouTube - Ivan Stoitsov 205 Clean&Jerk[/ame]

You'll find some very useful nutritional guidelines for powerlifters here:

Attachments

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Eggs, Steaks, Heavy Cream

Seriously a lot of powerlifters dont keep the best diets but they eat a ton of calories. Fats will be beneficial to you because they will give you a ton of calories and lubricate your joints. Olive oil, nuts, seeds, meat, eggs, etc are all good foods.
Im no powerlifter, but I have all of the above in my bulking diet - especially whole eggs, about 4 a day.

There's no need to eat junk though, just dirty it up a little, and find a happy medium with just enough cardio to keep the fat at bay.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Eat alot.. keep it clean tho, a cheat meal once a week maybe even twice depending on your metabolism.

Proteins- steaks, chicken, fish, turkey, eggs, venasin, cottage cheese, whey
Carbs- oats, whole wheat breads, WMS, grits, potatoes, rice
Fats- Fish oil, flax oil, mac nut oil, primrose oil, etc